Gap Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Average interview, spoke with the hiring manager in a group interview setting. Asked pretty generic questions about past experience and asked us what we would do in certain scenarios. Overall relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Describe a good customer service experience you have had   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gap (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Applied to GAP GLENDALE GALLERIA through online application. Got called 3 weeks later for a group interview. I got there earlier than I was supposed to and gained a one-on-one interview for being early. The manager that interviewed me was really laid back and easy to talk to, wasn't like a regular interview. After the manager told me to call back 3 days later if I didn't here from him because he was willing to offer me a job but needed to talk to the other manager first in order to approve. I called back in 3 days and was told I'd need to go to a second interview. Later that day the other manager called and asked if I was willing to join and when there would be orientation.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had? Only cashier job at a dry cleaners. And have had leadership experience in student government   1 Answer
    • A difficult situation with a customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only offered $10

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was basic questions you expect at any interview, it was simple and not anything that demanded more thought into it. They did not ask questions about the company more about you and your experience

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Had a phone interview. It was fairly simple and easy and the interviewer sounded friendly. He said he would connect me to the concerned team lead for next round, but havent heard back yet.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Got contacted by my job agent, notifying me there was a job opening as FA. Went through a smooth phone interview when I was on vacation, my job agent was great doing coordination between me and the hiring person. Then, the hiring person was on vacation for a week. No message no calls. During the whole time, me and my agent were waiting for the confirmation of the scheduled face to face interview time. But I took it as the hiring person doesn't want to be bothered during vacation. Understandable. There were 2 days after she coming back---so let us wait. Here goes the best part: My face to face interview got canceled 1 hour before it shall happened. Gap, Thank you for being so irresponsible! Reason? "The position is already filled with internal resource. Cancelled all the scheduled interviews." LMAO, don't waste everybody's time, Gap. The hiring person shall tell us at least one day ahead----show people a lil respect. Woman, You are hiring now doesn't mean you won't be a job hunter in the future. I am glad I am not working for that unprofessional woman.

Customer Service Associate Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap (Roseville, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Basically you get called in for a group interview for about 7 ppl in total with 4 supervisers your asked a series of questions and then they take you out to thecall center floor to look around

Interview Questions

• Name a time you Had to deliver a difficult answer to an customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

We just talked— super easy. She didn't even really ask me typical interview questions other than, "do you own any gap clothes?" They're so desperate, they'll hire anyone at this point. Everyone's quitting.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

HR is inept. Failed to connect the dots. I was in discussions with the Director of Sustainability and the HR department lost me. It did not help that I had an internal recommendation, HR doesn't do their job. Their whole system is inefficient and good people get jobs elsewhere. I'm sure this is a main reason why the news about GAP has recently focused on how they are laggards in the industry. They do not have a company developing sustainable programs. They have a company that is very charitable and pass it off as sustainability.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview process they just really want to see if you have a passion for clothes and that you will work when called upon. Mentioning fashion and blogs that you keep up with is always a plus

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with fashion   1 Answer

Senior Manager, Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews followed by an on site interview. there were to be 3 interviewers. ended up giving a really strange reason why they wouldn't be giving a job offer. they seem to not care about wasting people's time. overall, a negative experience and hopefully their sales continue to decline.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at GAP? where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question