Gap Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview process they just really want to see if you have a passion for clothes and that you will work when called upon. Mentioning fashion and blogs that you keep up with is always a plus

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with fashion   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

HR is inept. Failed to connect the dots. I was in discussions with the Director of Sustainability and the HR department lost me. It did not help that I had an internal recommendation, HR doesn't do their job. Their whole system is inefficient and good people get jobs elsewhere. I'm sure this is a main reason why the news about GAP has recently focused on how they are laggards in the industry. They do not have a company developing sustainable programs. They have a company that is very charitable and pass it off as sustainability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (Locust Grove, GA).

Interview

The interview process was a group interview. It was my first group interview so it was different for me but the overall experience of it was fine. It was very relaxed and you got a feel for what the company was like.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

We just talked— super easy. She didn't even really ask me typical interview questions other than, "do you own any gap clothes?" They're so desperate, they'll hire anyone at this point. Everyone's quitting.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

Interview process was a pretty typical retail interview experience. The manager was nice and the whole thing took about 10 minutes. Overall a positive experience, and the hiring process was concluded that same day.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview. About a week later I received an appointment for a one on one interview and ended with a group interview. Once hired we had a week long training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where I had to deal with a difficult client.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

Short and sweet, as long as you answer questions right you'll make it through. Easy process more or less, just be your self and answer properly and justify answer in a intelligent manner and you'll be fine

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week and a half later. I was asked to come into a group interview. When I got there, one other person and I were taken to the food court and asked basic questions. The manager was really relaxed and easy to talk to. I got a call the next day say that my background check had passed and they offered me the job. Overall a super easy process.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service and selling?   Answer Question
    • When's a time you received excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • How have you used constructive criticism to make something better?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Gap instead of any other retailer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

I had one initial one-on-one interview with a manager. Then, after passing that interview, I had another interview with the Store Manager before being told that I got the job. This seemed like overkill for a Sales Associate job (especially when the company has been spiraling out for a while and has lost its identity a bit), but whatever. They had some conflicts with the hours I had listed, but it was easily resolved. Before both interviews, they made me choose an outfit. The first time was an adult outfit, men's or women's of which I chose the latter, and the second time I could choose a boy's or girl's outfit (I chose boy's that time). I had to explain why I liked the outfits and why I thought the items went together. Familiarize yourself with their current clothes a little bit because Gap adds new inventory frequently (maybe stop by a Gap or look at their new items online a few days before the interview). They seem to really like it if you emphasize layering and versatility, since Gap seems to really like to push its basics (like American Apparel for example) and how flexible their clothing can be in building an outfit. The rest of the questions seemed like pretty standard questions that I saw here, on Glassdoor, before interviewing. Like how do you work in groups, what would you do if you saw a customer and/or employee stealing, what do you like about Gap's clothing, why should a customer like Gap's clothing and so on. I would emphasize Gap's Americana flavor when talking about their clothes, they tend to view themselves as the home of all-American clothing. Think back to their "normcore" adds back in last fall, they are all about making a statement while looking average or normal; their layering and styling is the statement, not the pieces on their own individually.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a customer and/or employee stealing?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

After submitting my application I was called quickly. Interview was brief due to the need of personnel for the holiday season. I started working a week after the interview. .