Gap Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

They gave me a call to schedule an interview at their Times Square location. I was already nervous as it was my first job but when I got there the manager seemed to be in such a bad mood and none of my answers seem to satisfy him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gap (Texas City, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very fast and smooth, got brought back to the break room and the interviewer simply asked about myself, my previous job experience and my expected hours and pay; really simple and easy interview!

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Submitted Online Application in Feb 2015
    2. Received email in the month of April - regarding internship opportunities
    3. Email had telephonic and onsite interview schedule.
    4. Had telephonic interview on the next day of receiving email
    5. Had onsite interview on the next day of telephonic interview

Interview Questions

• 1. Telephonic Interview - Why GapTech? Why are you suitable for this role? etc.
      2. Onsite Interview: Tell me about your projects. Asked questions about my work experience. Asked few questions related to scrum.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was recruited from my campus. So there was an initial one-to-one interview. They also had a group interview with other candidates from my college. When you make it past the those interviews, they fly you out to headquarters in San Francisco for another evaluation. It's rigorous, but they try to bring together a highly qualified group of people.

Interview Questions

• They view how you interact in a group interview, as well as one-to-one.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied on online, got called the next day. I was given different days and times that I could choose to come on for the interview. My interview was a group interview with 3 other people. The person that interviewed us made things very relaxed and was talking to us before the actual interview, so it made the interview feel like we were just having a big group discussion. I was nervous before the interview, and I got all overly worked up for nothing, this was the most relaxing interview ever. It only lasted 30 minutes, it seem like it was much longer but only 30 minutes. They said that everybody would get called back by the end of the day to let the know of they got the job.(this was for a new store, that's opening soon) So that's why the process was kinda speedy. I go an call 2 hours later saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service and selling? Or is there a difference?   Answer Question
    • Paint a picture of what you think customer service is?   Answer Question
    • Describe a color that best fits you and why?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gap (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Got a call from the hiring manager about coming in for a group interview. Got there and there was only me and another applicant out of six. Had the interview in the break room.

Contract - Buying Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about a contract position with Gap. After providing the recruiter needed information I was scheduled for a phone interview with Gap. I spoke with a Gap representative then followed up with the recruiter. I was then quickly moved forward in an in-person interview, where I met with 3 professionals at 30 minute intervals. 3 days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Q. Elaborate on this bullet point on your resume.
      Q. Have you ever uncovered a procedure that didn't work and if so what did you do about it?

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

After applying online, was a brief telephone interview with one of store managers after which scheduled a group interview. Group interview was with 6 candidate, open question and answer format with standard customer service and retail trends questions such as, describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.... After q&a we viewed Gap Inc videos.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two interview with GAP. My first interview with GAP is with the store that they got back to me about 2 days after I applied. I had the interview the next 2 days. There are the store manager and the Assistant manager interview me. They are very friendly and relax. They ask me some basic question and ask me to pick out the outfit and convince their to buy. I didn't get the job the first time. My second GAP at another location, this is one-one interview. She also very friendly and relax. She asked a few questions like the first interview. Both oF the interview is conservations. At the end of the interview. She said she will give her decision to the new manager ( because she move to another location) . After a week, I received the call to offer the job and ask if I can come to the Orientation on Sunday. I so excited to start working there

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      How you deal with difficult customers?
      "What if..." Questions
      Pick out an outfit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online back in the beginning of January and got a super unexpected call in the middle of March. I guess it had to do with the hiring process, because I was told they were hiring a lot of people now. The interview was very laid back but went very well, felt just like a conversation and not an interview. I was interviewed in the middle of the store so I was expecting to be pulling items off the rack for an outfit. It barely lasted about seven minutes but by the end of it I think she had already made her decision, felt pretty good about it. Got a call back on Friday (interview was on Monday). They are looking for "energetic, friendly, smiling people" so just be yourself!