Gap Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.3

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Edison, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took little over a month, maybe less. I applied and received a call for an interview about three weeks later. I showed up to the interview on time and waited 15 more minutes to be seen. It was a group interview. The manager came, introduced herself, and began the interview with me and two other applicants. She asked us about why we were interested in working for the company, details about ourselves, our retail experience, etc., and whether we had any questions. Overall it was pretty casual and stress free. I was hired the week after.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about loss prevention and what are some examples of it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Wayne, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called after submitting an online application. I set up a time to come in for a group interview. They asked basic questions like 'what comes to mind when you think about the gap?". Both I and the two others in the group interview were offered jobs at the store.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach another employee who is stealing merchandise from the store?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Chestnut Hill, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I first applied online in May 2015. I was contacted by the GM of my store two weeks later. I went into the store a few days later for my first interview which was a panel interview. They make it more of a conversation than an interview, and it's very casual. A week later I got a call for a second interview 1:1 and I received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What does the company motto mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online and called for one interview with the store manager assistant. Interview was not difficult and got a job offer.basic question making sure you can preforme the work...had a good experience.

Senior Accountant Lease Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process took 4+ weeks from first interview to final decision. Interview questions were not difficult, however they were not tailored to my specific qualifications. Questions were taken from a pre-formatted list, and many questions were irrelevant considering my resume and background. Office atmosphere was extremely casual, and I wore a suit for the interview. The interview took about an hour and ended with a short lease analysis assessment. HR took over a month to get back to me. I had to be persistent and call to check the status of my application/hiring process. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (West Nyack, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

After a long application online if you pass the assessment they call you within a week depending if they need hire. They do a group interview always but its only one interview. Group interviews dont allow for getting to know someone one on one

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself and why are you the best fit for the company   1 Answer

Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

1 Hour process. Went to several locations, I guess to find the right fit. They were friendly and focused on if you knew your business if you came from a similar location. They want to know what brought you to the company

District Visual Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gap (Miami, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Positive: Interview process afforded the ability to meet and/or speak with many high-level management members, gaining their perspective about the company. Negative/Opportunity: Interview process was extremely long (6 months & 7 interviews). The position I interviewed for and was qualified to perform was eliminated after 6 months of interviews. Positive: I was offered a position that was intended to be similar to the original position that I was interviewing for. Negative/Opportunity: The position I was hired for was extremely non-consistent and ultimately eliminated 6 months after being hired. Positive: Employee benefits were average/comparable to other companies. Negative: 401k eligability waiting period was excessive. Should be available immediately upon hire to enable longevity and trust with employess. Overall: Gap is an interesting company yet I believe still figuring out who they are in the retail environment. Too many new initiatives are started without finishing or finalizing previously started initiatives leaving people with confusion and frustration. Positive: Great employee discount.

Customer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

There was none. I asked a few questions and was basically hired going in. This was by far the easiest interviewing process I have ever been a part of. On top of that there was no drug test but I do believe that one must go a head and pass some sort of mandatory background check to be employed at this company. Basically the girl interviewing me liked me so I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and wasn't called until a month later. Had a one to one interview with the hiring manager. It was quick and easy. Wasn't really nervous at all. Was asked typical interview questions.

Other job offer