Gap Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at Gap (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Came early so had to walk around for about 20 mins, which was very tedious. Was asked basic interview questions for about 10 mins, them they wanted to see how I interacted with customers and so was let out on the floor for about 30 mins, this was kind of difficult as I didn't know much about the different things they sold. Was told if A customer needed any help and I didnt know how to answer then I should ask her (the interviewer) or another employee, however when I did they looked annoyed that I had asked for help and almost reluctant to ask the back of house employees for the requests of the customer.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you have displayed excellent customer service   Answer Question

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gap (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

I saw an advertisement in the window looking for visual associates. Could not find the vacancy online so rang the store, was asked to bring in a cv and ask for the Visual Manager. A few days later, I had an impromptu phone interview, then a first round interview with the visual manager and other visual associate and stylist. Then a second round interview with the district visual merchandiser. I was offered the role a few days after. Recruitment process was very long.

The phone interview, was basically a background check and relevant skills. Then was asked to come for a first round interview and to bring along a mood board.
    The first round involved answering a very log list of questions with the visual manager, afterwards I was sent to the shop floor to style and outfit a female and male mannequins and then describing why. I then had to walk the floor and suggest improvements to the shop floor if I had the choice.
    After a couple of weeks I was told they could not decide between a few candidates so there was another round with the district visual coordinator. I had to pick a competitor and do a SWOT analysis. I then had to present and suggest what I would do to improve the visuals at Gap.
    A week later I was offered the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Basic, easy interview. Google "interview questions" for any retail job and there you have it. Confidence and a positive attitude ( with a clean background) will get you the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to diffuse a tense situation with a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (Locust Grove, GA).

Interview

The interview process was a group interview. It was my first group interview so it was different for me but the overall experience of it was fine. It was very relaxed and you got a feel for what the company was like.

Merchandising Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap (Fishkill, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. You're asked to fill out a form, and with questions about your self, and your work ethic. Once this is done, you're taken around the site, to see what the company does, and get a brief overview of the company in case you were not aware.

After this is, another set of interview, by a different panel. You are asked your availabilty, and potential start date, and given advise on how to proceed.

You then do a drug test, and based on the result, you're given a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

applied online , got he email. two week later a call
    a week l;ater was told to come in for an interview
    stayed in the back room for a wile, the assistant manager came and
    asked a bunch of questions regarding work experience etc
    told us about the gap etc
    and gave me a radio . that was it

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I went to a interview room and was asked some questions, the hiring manager looked at my resume and asked me about my previous jobs. He also asked me what can I bring to the copany

Interview Questions

• what can I bring to the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gap (Atlantic City, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview within 1-2 weeks. Overall it was a good experience, and the management team was very professional. After the interview, I was given the opportunity to start the job within a few days, which was also very nice.

Interview Questions

• General questions primarily dealing with customer service and sales prowess.   Answer Question

Gap Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gap (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

They make you take clothes from the shop floor and try and sell the to a pretend customer who is the employer and non of it happens in store. the assistant manger has no idea what he was doing, they guy is a waste of time and should not have the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do?
      Where do you come from?
      Why do you want to work for us

1 Answer

Negotiation

It was rubbish, they ask you if you have any booked holidays, i told them and they put shifts in those days.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gap in November 2014.

Interview

It was a quick and low-key interview. 5 or 6 of us sat in a circle in the fitting room with the two primary managers of the stores, and we all answered 4-6 questions going in order around the circle. I was called a few days later and got the job!