Gap Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.3

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone. We had a easy going conversation. There was not a lot of Q & A. They made it easy to be myself. Second was a face to face with the D.M. same vibe easy going I was able to really dig into details about what I could bring to the business.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gap (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Simple questions and was mostly asked to explain who I am, strengths, weaknesses, difficult situations I've over come, etc. It was a very easy interview and overall I felt very comfortable. Due to it being very laid back and open enough for me to not feel stressed!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because they normally start off at 9 an hour for sales associates (hired Aug-2014)but it will be going up to 10 an hour in June 2015.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

It was very easy--applied online and got a call several hours later asking me to come in for an interview. When I got there it was very easy and laid-back. Interview took 10-15 minutes. Got offered a job the next day, and began working the day after that.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to customers? Some scenario hypotheticals.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I turned in a paper application in person. I was asked to interview right then, and I was hired on the spot. Most of the questions were related to my past experience in retail.

Retail Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Overall good experience. I applied through my school site, first interview was at campus career center. Very friendly asked mostly about my previous experience, how well I knew gap, and why I was a good fit. Next was a project, where I had to come up with a new brand to add to their portfolio. They recommend about a week to prepare, but I definitely did not spend as much time as I could. In hindsight, I should have made mine more polished. They really want to see that you are well rounded and understand the creative side equally as the financial/strategy. Not asked to continue beyond this, but they went out of their way to give me a phone call explaining the pros and cons of my presentation and what I should improve on if I chose to reapply.

Interview Questions

• If I have 50,000 sweaters, how do I go about determining which stores to distribute them to, and how many to each?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Group interview with myself and 3 other people, not to be crude but I truly felt as though I was the best candidate for the position out of the group. The interviewer was very nice and genuinely seemed interested in me in particular but also in this other girl, who it seemed like she might have known her personally, or could see herself getting along with her as a friend. (i'm assuming that girl was the one chosen). She had tattoo's, cleavage popping out, and very poor grammar, and you could tell she had an attitude. She also hardly smiled, I told her she should smile and her response was "im not even worried, i know i got this job". Hence why I think she knew the interviewer . As you can tell, i REALLY wanted this job, and was really bummed, lol. Anyway, interviewer asked questions about what we would do in this/that situation, our personalities, our best qualities, and then we did a scenario where we put together an outfit in 5 minutes and explained why we picked it. So there you go.

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer service quality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gap (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later got a call back to schedule an interview. The manager was young and really nice ! I was asked a lot of situational questions about what I would do if I caught someone stealing ... So be prepared for that. Also I was asked throughout the interview if I had questions for him so maybe have some in mind so you can ask them if they fit the context. Overall they interview went really smoothly!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really one because they have an awesome pay rate. He asked If I was okay with that amount and I said yes.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. In store group interview. The manager is awesome, so friendly and made the interview atmosphere really comfortable. The whole process was very quick and simple. I had a great experience interviewing with them.

Anonymous Employee in Colonie, NY

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gap (Colonie, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They called me about 5 days later for an interview. I attended the interview and the lady was very nice. She wanted to hire me on the spot, however I was t abailable till about a month later. She told me to call her in a few weeks and if she still has a spot, the job is mine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap (La Habra, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on line . received a call 3 days later for a group interview. the interview was with the 2 managers . very friendly . they asked questions about what we like and why we chose to work for GAP.

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work in gap? what's been your best customer service ?   Answer Question