Gap Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.3

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was recruited from my campus. So there was an initial one-to-one interview. They also had a group interview with other candidates from my college. When you make it past the those interviews, they fly you out to headquarters in San Francisco for another evaluation. It's rigorous, but they try to bring together a highly qualified group of people.

Interview Questions

• They view how you interact in a group interview, as well as one-to-one.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied on online, got called the next day. I was given different days and times that I could choose to come on for the interview. My interview was a group interview with 3 other people. The person that interviewed us made things very relaxed and was talking to us before the actual interview, so it made the interview feel like we were just having a big group discussion. I was nervous before the interview, and I got all overly worked up for nothing, this was the most relaxing interview ever. It only lasted 30 minutes, it seem like it was much longer but only 30 minutes. They said that everybody would get called back by the end of the day to let the know of they got the job.(this was for a new store, that's opening soon) So that's why the process was kinda speedy. I go an call 2 hours later saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service and selling? Or is there a difference?   Answer Question
    • Paint a picture of what you think customer service is?   Answer Question
    • Describe a color that best fits you and why?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gap (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Got a call from the hiring manager about coming in for a group interview. Got there and there was only me and another applicant out of six. Had the interview in the break room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two interview with GAP. My first interview with GAP is with the store that they got back to me about 2 days after I applied. I had the interview the next 2 days. There are the store manager and the Assistant manager interview me. They are very friendly and relax. They ask me some basic question and ask me to pick out the outfit and convince their to buy. I didn't get the job the first time. My second GAP at another location, this is one-one interview. She also very friendly and relax. She asked a few questions like the first interview. Both oF the interview is conservations. At the end of the interview. She said she will give her decision to the new manager ( because she move to another location) . After a week, I received the call to offer the job and ask if I can come to the Orientation on Sunday. I so excited to start working there

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      How you deal with difficult customers?
      "What if..." Questions
      Pick out an outfit

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online back in the beginning of January and got a super unexpected call in the middle of March. I guess it had to do with the hiring process, because I was told they were hiring a lot of people now. The interview was very laid back but went very well, felt just like a conversation and not an interview. I was interviewed in the middle of the store so I was expecting to be pulling items off the rack for an outfit. It barely lasted about seven minutes but by the end of it I think she had already made her decision, felt pretty good about it. Got a call back on Friday (interview was on Monday). They are looking for "energetic, friendly, smiling people" so just be yourself!

Gap Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had got a call/VM from an AM & was told to call back if I was interested in a job with gap but due to my phone dying I had to call the next day. I called & spoke to another AM & she said she'll call me back because of a meeting she had & about two weeks later she did & was thrilled that I was still interested in the job. I was asked to come
    to a group interview & when I arrived it was only me & another guy. lt was a super cool casual interview and she asked basic questions because of the prior phone interview we did two days earlier. "Why did you apply to the gap?" Do you shop at the gap? Etc. She took us on the floor & had us pick out an outfit that someone of all ages could wear & was impressed with what we picked out , she took us back down stairs & told us she loved us & wanted to pass us on to the GM for the final interview. We would've had met with him that day but due to a new gap & banana republic opening up he was unavailable.

I met with him two days after & he asked me questions like " tell me about yourself? Do you shop for people? Tell me about a time you had to shop & oick out outfits for someone else? Etc. He took me back on the floor & had me pick out two outfits (male & female) & explain to him why I chose what I picked out & he liked it.. he took me back down stairs & told me on the spot he wanted to hire me & gave me my hourly rate & all..

You have to go to two classes & they teach you all you need to know & the do's & dont's.. you dont have to wear gap clothing , it just have to look gap'ish, like something they'll sell.

Just be yourself, ask questions, smile, laugh & have good energy that people can connect with. They love yhat.

Interview Questions

• If hired, where do you see yourself in two years?   1 Answer

Assistant Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gap (Saugus, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews one was over the phone the other was in person. It took at least one week to hear back from each interview. I would recommend calling the store after you've applied online just to follow up on your application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the gap   1 Answer

Contract - Buying Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about a contract position with Gap. After providing the recruiter needed information I was scheduled for a phone interview with Gap. I spoke with a Gap representative then followed up with the recruiter. I was then quickly moved forward in an in-person interview, where I met with 3 professionals at 30 minute intervals. 3 days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Q. Elaborate on this bullet point on your resume.
      Q. Have you ever uncovered a procedure that didn't work and if so what did you do about it?

Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

After applying online, was a brief telephone interview with one of store managers after which scheduled a group interview. Group interview was with 6 candidate, open question and answer format with standard customer service and retail trends questions such as, describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.... After q&a we viewed Gap Inc videos.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

i applied online, got a call base on my availability. it was a group interview based on rotating questions, general ideas of sales and previos experience. review gap videos and responsibilities and the values of the store.after that they did a background check and gap account and i started working on the following week.

Interview Questions

• how do you face challenges, what would you do if you see someone stealing?   1 Answer