Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Gap
- Sales Associate (318)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (39)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (34)
- Retail Management Program (25)
- Stock Associate (14)
- Gap Sales Associate (12)
- Retail Sales Associate (11)
- Associate (10)
- Manager (7)
- General Manager (6)
- Store Manager (6)
- Assistant Customer Experience Manager (5)
- Assistant Manager (5)
- Visual Merchandiser (5)
- Inventory Planner (4)
- Inventory Planning Analyst (4)
- Loss Prevention Agent (4)
- Customer Service Representative (4)
- Customer Service Consultant (3)
- Senior Analyst (3)
- Customer Service Associate (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Retail Associate (2)
- Customer Experience Expert (2)
- Call Center Representative (2)
- Cashier/Sales Associate (2)
- RMP (2)
- Visual Brand Expert (2)
- Merchandise Handler (2)
- Brand Experience Manager (2)
Inventory Management Analyst Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.
Started with a 30 minute screener call with the recruiter, and was invited to come back for an interview/assessment day (as part of the IM Ready program at Old Navy). We were given a set of general interview questions/topics to cover and closer to the date, we were given some pre-work.
In-person assessment day included 1:1 interviews, solos assessments, and a group project/assessment.
The next day was invited back for later in the week for 3 in-person interviews with Senior Manager and Director level folks. Received and accepted an offer the following week.
Be ready to answer questions with concrete examples of when you've used data/analysis in your work. Be as confident and warm as possible. Express your genuine interest in retail, the role, and the company in your own terms.
- Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager/management and used data to support your claim? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Gap
Inventory Management Analyst InterviewNo OfferEasy InterviewNo OfferEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Gap.
I applied online and received a call about three weeks later from a recruiter. After a pre-screening by the recruiter, I was invited to interview a few days later at their SF office. Unable to appear in person, I had to schedule phone interviews, obviously a disadvantage to in-person. Phone interview consisted of two 1-on-1 interviews, each roughly 30-minutes long. Interviewers were both part of the IM team: a manager and a planner.
- Nothing too difficult. Usual "why Gap" and "strengths/weakness" questions. Be able to talk analytically through retail/inventory scenarios such as how much stock to send to a certain store and what kind of information you'd assess before making your decision. Answer Question