Gap Inventory Planning Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.7

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Had a phone interview. It was fairly simple and easy and the interviewer sounded friendly. He said he would connect me to the concerned team lead for next round, but havent heard back yet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I had two screening phone interviews with HR and three one on one interviews with the hiring managers. The interviews were very casual and conversational. They want to know who you are, what you like and how you work best ie in groups or individually. They want to know specifically what you did in your previous job. They want to see leadership and good communication skills.

Interview Questions

• What are some accomplishments that you have done in your previous roles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed recruiter, followed by interview with managers/directors (two interviewed at once). Manager asked behavioral questions, as well as technical questions regarding my previous work accomplishments. Recruiter asked math questions, to ensure I had understanding of retail math principles. Recruiter set me up with multiple interviews for same job title, but different area. I would recommend two things to an interviewee: Show your ability at math, analytics, etc. (show you are technically capable of the job), but also show you are excited about retail, fashion, the Gap brand, etc. Familiarize yourself with the company. They like people who are open to change, entrepreneurial, creative, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Very casual, it was more of an open discussion and learning more about the role and responsibilities. Because I was referred from a previous director, it was a more relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to switch into a different function when you already have experience in it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The recruiter was very pleasant and professional during the phone interview. Her questions were well prepared and relavent to the job I was applying for. She was also very forthcoming and helpful with her responses to my questions. After the phone interview was completed, I was asked to come into the SF office for a full day interview. Although, I have not yet completed the interview process, I feel that the recruiter did a great job of informing me what to expect during the next phase which consists of panel interviews with 3 different Gap brands and a test on retail math.

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated your ability to conduct analysis and formulate recommendations based on analysis?   Answer Question
    • How has your analysis of data impacted the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

So the process consisted of a phone screen, a couple of 2:1 interviews with Inventory Managers and a 1.5 hour math test. Getting a response to my application was the hardest part. It took nearly 3 months to schedule a interview and my application was referred by a employee. The interview was easy, but it is a employers market and if you don't have retail experience they may not feel you are qualified for the entry level position of Inventory Analyst.

Interview Questions

• If you had poor sales in a store and visited that locations, what would you change or do?   1 Answer

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap in November 2009.

Interview

It was a phone screen interview with HR. The HR person seems a little bit disorganized as she was not sure what day and time we had scheduled. I called her and reconfirmed our meeting date and time. She called me on time for the interview. It was a lot of situational and behavior questions based on how I would fit the job. Tell me about a time where you had to do a lot of analysis on project and what was the outcome. How do you handle large group presentation. She said she would pass my resume along to the hiring manager and call me back in 2 weeks. I called her back 2 times and have not heard from her since. Only suggestion I want to offer is when HR say large or small group have them quantify the # as it is too vague. When she said large group of people she meant a conference room filled with 10 people versus a lecture hall with 100 people.