Gap Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I interviewed at Gap (Troy, MI) in April 2009.

Interview

It went great, very thoroughly

I got another offer

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Manager Interview

Interview

Great interview process with the other manager

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Sent in a resume and was contacted for a phone screening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Albany, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

it was a challenging process with several steps and backround checks it was pretty interesting and many people that you had to deak with on all levels. There was defintly a sense of having to play the political game but they made you feel as though it would all be worth it. But the challenges would be rewarding and that the stores were complex

Interview Questions

• what does great customer service look like   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap in November 2008.

Interview

I was already working at another store so i knew what to expect. They ask questions about specific situations and how you would handle them. Dont give them "canned' answers, they want you to be original. Also, mention that you understand how customer service effects sales, hours, and Gap Card applications. They love the Gap card!

Interview Questions

• How would the store benefit by adding you to our team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for a slightly higher rate of pay than you would like (within reason). If its too high they'll tell you so and ask whats the least you would take. Before applying keep in mind that poor sales will effect you!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap in November 2009.

Interview

Basic questions. Was told that they would set up a second interview but never called.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2007.

Interview

The interview was informal with half hour sessions with 4 different cross funtional partners. Each interview focused on a key focus (financial acumen, competitive landscape, managing and operating, partnerships). The interviews were conversations that probed about my ability to handle the job, fit within the team culture and my business acumen.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Net Present Value in laymen's terms?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had no negotiation leverage since I was an internal hire.