Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Gap
- Sales Associate (383)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (58)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (38)
- Retail Management Program (26)
- Gap Sales Associate (19)
- Retail Sales Associate (17)
- Stock Associate (15)
- Associate (10)
- Inventory Planning Analyst (7)
- General Manager (7)
- Assistant Manager (7)
- Customer Service Representative (7)
- Manager (7)
- Part Time Sales Associate (6)
- Store Manager (6)
- Assistant Customer Experience Manager (5)
- Visual Merchandiser (5)
- Inventory Planner (4)
- Sales Floor Associate (4)
- Loss Prevention Agent (4)
- Gap Outlet Sales Associate (3)
- Customer Service Associate (3)
- Sales (3)
- Senior Analyst (3)
- Customer Service Consultant (3)
- Retail Associate (2)
- Customer Experience Expert (2)
- Customer Experience Manager (2)
- Brand Experience Manager (2)
- RMP Program (2)
I interviewed at Gap (Troy, MI) in April 2009.
It went great, very thoroughly
- Least favorite aspect of your former job Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I got another offer
Other Interview Reviews for Gap
Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.
Sent in a resume and was contacted for a phone screening.
- Focus on my resume and lack of retail experience. Answer Question
Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Albany, NY) in August 2009.
it was a challenging process with several steps and backround checks it was pretty interesting and many people that you had to deak with on all levels. There was defintly a sense of having to play the political game but they made you feel as though it would all be worth it. But the challenges would be rewarding and that the stores were complex
- what does great customer service look like 1 Answer
Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap in November 2008.
I was already working at another store so i knew what to expect. They ask questions about specific situations and how you would handle them. Dont give them "canned' answers, they want you to be original. Also, mention that you understand how customer service effects sales, hours, and Gap Card applications. They love the Gap card!
- How would the store benefit by adding you to our team? 1 Answer
Ask for a slightly higher rate of pay than you would like (within reason). If its too high they'll tell you so and ask whats the least you would take. Before applying keep in mind that poor sales will effect you!
Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap in November 2009.
Basic questions. Was told that they would set up a second interview but never called.
- What is your greatest weakness Answer Question
Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2007.
The interview was informal with half hour sessions with 4 different cross funtional partners. Each interview focused on a key focus (financial acumen, competitive landscape, managing and operating, partnerships). The interviews were conversations that probed about my ability to handle the job, fit within the team culture and my business acumen.
- How would you describe Net Present Value in laymen's terms? Answer Question
I had no negotiation leverage since I was an internal hire.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review