Gap Interview Questions in Pennsylvania

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Lancaster, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

One interview after application was submitted. The interview was a very laid back interview, asking questions that you can expect before you enter. There was only one interview before being hired and I was told at the end end of the interview whether or not I got the job

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Gap over other retail options?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much negotiating for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Wayne, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called after submitting an online application. I set up a time to come in for a group interview. They asked basic questions like 'what comes to mind when you think about the gap?". Both I and the two others in the group interview were offered jobs at the store.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach another employee who is stealing merchandise from the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

it was short, i came in the manger took me to the back then she asked me about myself then i got to know her nd we did a fitting session i got hired on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position on a Monday and on Wednesday I was contacted to set up and interview for that same week on Friday and starting new hire orientation the following Wednesday. Process moved very fast, management was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend working at this company, competitive pay and excellent benefits.

Stock and Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (East Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Pretty simple process. They asked me to come in for an in-person interview, and I did a group interview with two others interviewing for the same position. They asked typical questions like available hours, previous experience, how I heard about the job, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Washington, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

This was the first job I ever had and was the time when online applications was starting to boom. I went to the store and spoke to a manager who referred me to the site with a code also. I made an account and filed out the application. After a few days no one called so I called them and scheduled an interview. The woman who interviewed me was really nice and we went to a coffee shop across from the store to have the interview. It was kind of awkward but included your typical "Tell me about yourself and your hobbies," questions. So after that awfulness she told me I was a sure hire but she still had to background check me. (No drug test required at the time.) Of course no one called for two days so I called them and the woman who interviewed me went of town. But when she came back we talked and badda boom badda bang I had a job.

Interview Questions

• Every interview includes "Tell me about yourself." Which for me is essentially the most difficult question because I don't like to talk about myself (at least not out loud). But all they really want is to know that you are well established and can communicate. The best thing to do for this question is to think of what you're going to say beforehand. Think of something prominent in your life (i.e. your mom, siblings, drama class, football team, cheerleading) and make up a little script about it and how that's important then throw in other little details about things you do or things that make you (i.e. you're a master braider, best Barbie dress maker, spelling bee champ) and wah - lah you started a long conversation and probably passed the interview at this point.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Relate, Engage, Advise, Listen = REAL are the four major skills that Gap is really looking for. They want to make sure their associate are able to establish a connection with the customer in order to solve their problem. They're also looking for people that are passionate about fashion and Gap. I told my interview about how I grew up as a Gap kid and recalling shopping with my mom all the time. She also asked me about my interest and we bonded over makeup. So the interview didn't even really end up being about the Gap. We just found a common interest and were able to relate, engage, advise, and listen.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a difficult customer, how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Brand and Logistic Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes Barre, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Wilkes Barre, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview wasn't hard. Simple questions, "what ifs" and scenarios.

Interview Questions

• how would you approach associates to ask them to do standards?   1 Answer
    • what if the associate gives resistance when you ask them to do standards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (Mechanicsburg, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

Bring a resume and dress nicely. It is a good idea to accessorize. Most management will want to see that you are friendly and outgoing.

Negotiation

none