Gap Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gap (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Applied to GAP GLENDALE GALLERIA through online application. Got called 3 weeks later for a group interview. I got there earlier than I was supposed to and gained a one-on-one interview for being early. The manager that interviewed me was really laid back and easy to talk to, wasn't like a regular interview. After the manager told me to call back 3 days later if I didn't here from him because he was willing to offer me a job but needed to talk to the other manager first in order to approve. I called back in 3 days and was told I'd need to go to a second interview. Later that day the other manager called and asked if I was willing to join and when there would be orientation.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had? Only cashier job at a dry cleaners. And have had leadership experience in student government   1 Answer
  • A difficult situation with a customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only offered $10

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I turned in a paper application in person. I was asked to interview right then, and I was hired on the spot. Most of the questions were related to my past experience in retail.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Group interview with myself and 3 other people, not to be crude but I truly felt as though I was the best candidate for the position out of the group. The interviewer was very nice and genuinely seemed interested in me in particular but also in this other girl, who it seemed like she might have known her personally, or could see herself getting along with her as a friend. (i'm assuming that girl was the one chosen). She had tattoo's, cleavage popping out, and very poor grammar, and you could tell she had an attitude. She also hardly smiled, I told her she should smile and her response was "im not even worried, i know i got this job". Hence why I think she knew the interviewer . As you can tell, i REALLY wanted this job, and was really bummed, lol. Anyway, interviewer asked questions about what we would do in this/that situation, our personalities, our best qualities, and then we did a scenario where we put together an outfit in 5 minutes and explained why we picked it. So there you go.

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer service quality?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

After applying online, was a brief telephone interview with one of store managers after which scheduled a group interview. Group interview was with 6 candidate, open question and answer format with standard customer service and retail trends questions such as, describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.... After q&a we viewed Gap Inc videos.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Extremely brief and easy. Their is high turnover, so they are usually looking for people. Try to get a job near the holidays and keep it indefinitely. Overall, a very easy process that was a breeze. I could see it being a little more stressful for someone who has never worked before.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gap (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application and the next day I got a call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview about 12 people for a new store they're opening so they're were going to be a lot of job opportunities. They asked us 3 simple questions and told us they would let us know by the end of the week. I was called Tuesday mid-day and offed a position.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you realized you made a mistake and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

Initial phone call to inquire about a scheduled group interview time, then employer asks a question to all applicants, then breaks off in 1:1 questions. After interview, usually get a phone call in 3-5 days with a (potential offer), then watch many videos on company values and positions that are available.

Interview Questions

• What personal trait do you think you need to improve on the most and how do you think you can achieve success here?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and then got a call a week later, then took part in a group interview. Then about two days later got the call for an orientation, which I learned I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

2 interviews. Very professional and courteous staff in the store. I felt welcomed by all who I interacted with. One interview was with one assistant manager and one with the other. I didn't meet the store manager until after I was hired. Questions were fairly simple , some scenario-type proposals where you had to describe how you would react to a situation.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me this bra"- coming to a male applicant, a little difficult of a question. I can't remember if it was a bra- but it was something in the women's section that most men wouldn't wear.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate....whoops.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Initially, they preformed a group interview. 6-8 people. I was interviewed by the GM of the store, who asked a few typical interview questions. They either go around the table for answers or they let you raise your hand. Half hour interview. The next day the GM called me for a second interview. The second interview was one on one, getting to know me personally. After he was satisfied we started doing the paperwork to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Who is influential to your life, why? What does GAP mean to you? Whats a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. 10.50 an hour. PT only.