Gap Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I had 3 interviews which seemed a little excessive for a regular sales associate position. The interview was pretty standard questions about what you knew about the company and your style.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Applied to GAP GLENDALE GALLERIA through online application. Got called 3 weeks later for a group interview. I got there earlier than I was supposed to and gained a one-on-one interview for being early. The manager that interviewed me was really laid back and easy to talk to, wasn't like a regular interview. After the manager told me to call back 3 days later if I didn't here from him because he was willing to offer me a job but needed to talk to the other manager first in order to approve. I called back in 3 days and was told I'd need to go to a second interview. Later that day the other manager called and asked if I was willing to join and when there would be orientation.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had? Only cashier job at a dry cleaners. And have had leadership experience in student government   1 Answer
    • A difficult situation with a customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only offered $10

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

I turned in a paper application in person. I was asked to interview right then, and I was hired on the spot. Most of the questions were related to my past experience in retail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Group interview with myself and 3 other people, not to be crude but I truly felt as though I was the best candidate for the position out of the group. The interviewer was very nice and genuinely seemed interested in me in particular but also in this other girl, who it seemed like she might have known her personally, or could see herself getting along with her as a friend. (i'm assuming that girl was the one chosen). She had tattoo's, cleavage popping out, and very poor grammar, and you could tell she had an attitude. She also hardly smiled, I told her she should smile and her response was "im not even worried, i know i got this job". Hence why I think she knew the interviewer . As you can tell, i REALLY wanted this job, and was really bummed, lol. Anyway, interviewer asked questions about what we would do in this/that situation, our personalities, our best qualities, and then we did a scenario where we put together an outfit in 5 minutes and explained why we picked it. So there you go.

Interview Questions

• What is your best customer service quality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Chestnut Hill, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I first applied online in May 2015. I was contacted by the GM of my store two weeks later. I went into the store a few days later for my first interview which was a panel interview. They make it more of a conversation than an interview, and it's very casual. A week later I got a call for a second interview 1:1 and I received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What does the company motto mean to you?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

After applying online, was a brief telephone interview with one of store managers after which scheduled a group interview. Group interview was with 6 candidate, open question and answer format with standard customer service and retail trends questions such as, describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.... After q&a we viewed Gap Inc videos.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Extremely brief and easy. Their is high turnover, so they are usually looking for people. Try to get a job near the holidays and keep it indefinitely. Overall, a very easy process that was a breeze. I could see it being a little more stressful for someone who has never worked before.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application and the next day I got a call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview about 12 people for a new store they're opening so they're were going to be a lot of job opportunities. They asked us 3 simple questions and told us they would let us know by the end of the week. I was called Tuesday mid-day and offed a position.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you realized you made a mistake and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I applied online, received a phone call within a few days, and made an appointment for an interview. I dressed in GAP-friendly clothing and had an interview with the hiring manager. I knew upon leaving that I got the job. The process was not intense at all. The worst part was waiting to get a call after I applied online.

Interview Questions

• Who was your favorite teacher in high school and what made them your favorite?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Initial phone call to inquire about a scheduled group interview time, then employer asks a question to all applicants, then breaks off in 1:1 questions. After interview, usually get a phone call in 3-5 days with a (potential offer), then watch many videos on company values and positions that are available.

Interview Questions

• What personal trait do you think you need to improve on the most and how do you think you can achieve success here?   Answer Question