Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

We just talked— super easy. She didn't even really ask me typical interview questions other than, "do you own any gap clothes?" They're so desperate, they'll hire anyone at this point. Everyone's quitting.

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

Interview process was a pretty typical retail interview experience. The manager was nice and the whole thing took about 10 minutes. Overall a positive experience, and the hiring process was concluded that same day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week and a half later. I was asked to come into a group interview. When I got there, one other person and I were taken to the food court and asked basic questions. The manager was really relaxed and easy to talk to. I got a call the next day say that my background check had passed and they offered me the job. Overall a super easy process.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service and selling?   Answer Question
    • When's a time you received excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • How have you used constructive criticism to make something better?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Gap instead of any other retailer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

I had one initial one-on-one interview with a manager. Then, after passing that interview, I had another interview with the Store Manager before being told that I got the job. This seemed like overkill for a Sales Associate job (especially when the company has been spiraling out for a while and has lost its identity a bit), but whatever. They had some conflicts with the hours I had listed, but it was easily resolved. Before both interviews, they made me choose an outfit. The first time was an adult outfit, men's or women's of which I chose the latter, and the second time I could choose a boy's or girl's outfit (I chose boy's that time). I had to explain why I liked the outfits and why I thought the items went together. Familiarize yourself with their current clothes a little bit because Gap adds new inventory frequently (maybe stop by a Gap or look at their new items online a few days before the interview). They seem to really like it if you emphasize layering and versatility, since Gap seems to really like to push its basics (like American Apparel for example) and how flexible their clothing can be in building an outfit. The rest of the questions seemed like pretty standard questions that I saw here, on Glassdoor, before interviewing. Like how do you work in groups, what would you do if you saw a customer and/or employee stealing, what do you like about Gap's clothing, why should a customer like Gap's clothing and so on. I would emphasize Gap's Americana flavor when talking about their clothes, they tend to view themselves as the home of all-American clothing. Think back to their "normcore" adds back in last fall, they are all about making a statement while looking average or normal; their layering and styling is the statement, not the pieces on their own individually.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a customer and/or employee stealing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

It was very easy--applied online and got a call several hours later asking me to come in for an interview. When I got there it was very easy and laid-back. Interview took 10-15 minutes. Got offered a job the next day, and began working the day after that.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to customers? Some scenario hypotheticals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gap (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later got a call back to schedule an interview. The manager was young and really nice ! I was asked a lot of situational questions about what I would do if I caught someone stealing ... So be prepared for that. Also I was asked throughout the interview if I had questions for him so maybe have some in mind so you can ask them if they fit the context. Overall they interview went really smoothly!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really one because they have an awesome pay rate. He asked If I was okay with that amount and I said yes.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. In store group interview. The manager is awesome, so friendly and made the interview atmosphere really comfortable. The whole process was very quick and simple. I had a great experience interviewing with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap (La Habra, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on line . received a call 3 days later for a group interview. the interview was with the 2 managers . very friendly . they asked questions about what we like and why we chose to work for GAP.

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work in gap? what's been your best customer service ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was the easiest interview I have ever been to. It was basically an orientation, I- along with 2 others- got hired on the spot. The whole interview lasted about an hour. It was the best interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why did you chose Gap?   1 Answer
    • 2.What do you know about Gap?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be you, also you will most likely be in a group interview or 1-on-1 but they won't tell you. You have to make a whole outfit and explain why you chose the specific item during your interview.

Anonymous Employee in Colonie, NY

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gap (Colonie, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They called me about 5 days later for an interview. I attended the interview and the lady was very nice. She wanted to hire me on the spot, however I was t abailable till about a month later. She told me to call her in a few weeks and if she still has a spot, the job is mine.