Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this job at Times Square and received a call to come in for an interview. I came in for the interview and the lady told me my time scheduled was 5:15 but I was told to come in at 5:30 which really sucks. She told me that she would contact me again to reschedule an interview because now she has to be on the floor. Total waste of my time. I love shopping here and I know that I would've probably loved working here. Too bad things didn't go as I hoped. I have another interview for Sabon and American Eagle coming up... Hopefully those interviews will go well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

They gave me a call to schedule an interview at their Times Square location. I was already nervous as it was my first job but when I got there the manager seemed to be in such a bad mood and none of my answers seem to satisfy him.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at Gap (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Came early so had to walk around for about 20 mins, which was very tedious. Was asked basic interview questions for about 10 mins, them they wanted to see how I interacted with customers and so was let out on the floor for about 30 mins, this was kind of difficult as I didn't know much about the different things they sold. Was told if A customer needed any help and I didnt know how to answer then I should ask her (the interviewer) or another employee, however when I did they looked annoyed that I had asked for help and almost reluctant to ask the back of house employees for the requests of the customer.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you have displayed excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

I was sent an email letting me know the were interested in interviewing me, I had to send a date and time I coud do it, when I got there I was shocked. It was a group interview I had did for the first time. I hated it, you have to really sale yourself and be upfront and aggressive for the job. I had peopole answering over me and was not at ease when I left. I knew I would not get a job offer. Basically bad

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

I first got a call from the manager about 3 days after I applied online. When I was at the interview, we started off with a set of very basic questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. After the questions, the manager asked me to go inside of the store and pick a couple of outfits that reflected my personality. I then explained the outfits to him and related them to myself. Afterwards, we had a sort of role playing activity in which the manager was a customer and I was a sales associate. When these two activities were done, he very politely explained my flaws and gave me wonderful suggestions on how to improve my approach to customers. Since this was my very first time applying for a job in the retail environment, I learned a lot about this field. The manager was very polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a current fashion trend in which you are interested.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gap in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online a few days later they called a scheduled an interview. They ask a few questions like, how do you keep up with the latest trends, what is gap most known for, etc. Then you pick out two outfits one dressy and one casual, you explain it to the manager and they ask you how would you change it for work or a bigger person. After that you act like you're working there and the manager pretends to be customer looking for some thing to wear and you help them. After that he said theyll call back for another interview and never did.

Interview Questions

• What is gap most known for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (Bartlesville, OK) in May 2009.

Interview

Filled out an application and was phoned to set up a face-to-face interview within the week. Interview was conducted on sales floor, which I thought was very strange and somewhat unprofessional. Interviewer was an assistant manager who looked like he couldn't care less about his job, automatic turn-off, didn't want to work there anymore

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think you will be good at working in the clothing industry"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (Wichita, KS) in August 2010.

Interview

You can apply in person or on the internet. The interview process is usually in a group and the expected outlook is to be customer-oriented, and have an appreciation for the clothing/retail industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiable, but usually you will be given base pay at $9.50/hr

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap in October 2013.

Interview

Group interview followed by 1 on 1. Interviewed by manager for the department applied for. Basic questions about retail experience, customer service skills and why you want to work for the company

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the gap   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gap in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. The call was confusing because she asked me about my availability and even though I told her she was still confused on the hours that I could work. When it was time for the interview, she asked a lot of the basic questions. This was my 1st ever interview and I was kind of surprised when she made me go out on the floor and pretend to help people out. After the interview was done, she said that she would call the next day, but never did.

Interview Questions

• Either having to go out on the floor or what was the worst type of customer service you've had?   Answer Question