Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall, interviewing with Gap was a really positive experience. The store managers who interviewed me were friendly and casual, and gave me feedback on my answers. They were really interested in my fashion experience and my personal style. At the end of the interview, I went onto the floor and styled a couple outfits that I would wear. The whole process took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you think a team goal or an individual goal is more important?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Relaxed and conversational! We sat on a bench outside of the store and it was a one on one interview with the hiring manager at Gap. She was an older woman, and she was very relaxed and comfortable. Answer honestly, and intelligently. Know what job your applying for and the qualities desired for that job or industry.

Interview Questions

• What customer service experience do you have?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What are you all about?

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

They gave me a call to schedule an interview at their Times Square location. I was already nervous as it was my first job but when I got there the manager seemed to be in such a bad mood and none of my answers seem to satisfy him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gap (Texas City, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very fast and smooth, got brought back to the break room and the interviewer simply asked about myself, my previous job experience and my expected hours and pay; really simple and easy interview!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this job at Times Square and received a call to come in for an interview. I came in for the interview and the lady told me my time scheduled was 5:15 but I was told to come in at 5:30 which really sucks. She told me that she would contact me again to reschedule an interview because now she has to be on the floor. Total waste of my time. I love shopping here and I know that I would've probably loved working here. Too bad things didn't go as I hoped. I have another interview for Sabon and American Eagle coming up... Hopefully those interviews will go well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very smooth and easy. The Sr. Manger was a very nice lady who was very patient with every persons response. described the process of the group interview very well in the beginning and after the interview. She asked everyone to pick an outfit for her friend's babyshower and one outfit that best represents our personal style and taste in 5 min. overall Gap is very flexible with students with complicating schedules. the whole interview took 30min.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gretna, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (Gretna, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

It was an incredibly easy interview. I have had lots of experience in customer service, so that is what really sealed the deal. The manager who interviewed me was so kind and easy going. She did not ask me very many questions beside the basics of my past experience, how much I plan to work, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two interview with GAP. My first interview with GAP is with the store that they got back to me about 2 days after I applied. I had the interview the next 2 days. There are the store manager and the Assistant manager interview me. They are very friendly and relax. They ask me some basic question and ask me to pick out the outfit and convince their to buy. I didn't get the job the first time. My second GAP at another location, this is one-one interview. She also very friendly and relax. She asked a few questions like the first interview. Both oF the interview is conservations. At the end of the interview. She said she will give her decision to the new manager ( because she move to another location) . After a week, I received the call to offer the job and ask if I can come to the Orientation on Sunday. I so excited to start working there

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      How you deal with difficult customers?
      "What if..." Questions
      Pick out an outfit

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online back in the beginning of January and got a super unexpected call in the middle of March. I guess it had to do with the hiring process, because I was told they were hiring a lot of people now. The interview was very laid back but went very well, felt just like a conversation and not an interview. I was interviewed in the middle of the store so I was expecting to be pulling items off the rack for an outfit. It barely lasted about seven minutes but by the end of it I think she had already made her decision, felt pretty good about it. Got a call back on Friday (interview was on Monday). They are looking for "energetic, friendly, smiling people" so just be yourself!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

i applied online, got a call base on my availability. it was a group interview based on rotating questions, general ideas of sales and previos experience. review gap videos and responsibilities and the values of the store.after that they did a background check and gap account and i started working on the following week.

Interview Questions

• how do you face challenges, what would you do if you see someone stealing?   1 Answer