Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (La Habra, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on line . received a call 3 days later for a group interview. the interview was with the 2 managers . very friendly . they asked questions about what we like and why we chose to work for GAP.

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work in gap? what's been your best customer service ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was the easiest interview I have ever been to. It was basically an orientation, I- along with 2 others- got hired on the spot. The whole interview lasted about an hour. It was the best interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why did you chose Gap?   1 Answer
    • 2.What do you know about Gap?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be you, also you will most likely be in a group interview or 1-on-1 but they won't tell you. You have to make a whole outfit and explain why you chose the specific item during your interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall, interviewing with Gap was a really positive experience. The store managers who interviewed me were friendly and casual, and gave me feedback on my answers. They were really interested in my fashion experience and my personal style. At the end of the interview, I went onto the floor and styled a couple outfits that I would wear. The whole process took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you think a team goal or an individual goal is more important?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Relaxed and conversational! We sat on a bench outside of the store and it was a one on one interview with the hiring manager at Gap. She was an older woman, and she was very relaxed and comfortable. Answer honestly, and intelligently. Know what job your applying for and the qualities desired for that job or industry.

Interview Questions

• What customer service experience do you have? Tell me about yourself? What are you all about?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy. The questions were straightforward, and the interviewer was friendly and laid-back. Experience (or lack thereof) in retail was not a concern. The interviewer spent some time explaining to me the importance of customer service. Based on the interview alone, this would be an accessible job for someone who doesn't have much work experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

They gave me a call to schedule an interview at their Times Square location. I was already nervous as it was my first job but when I got there the manager seemed to be in such a bad mood and none of my answers seem to satisfy him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (Texas City, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very fast and smooth, got brought back to the break room and the interviewer simply asked about myself, my previous job experience and my expected hours and pay; really simple and easy interview!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this job at Times Square and received a call to come in for an interview. I came in for the interview and the lady told me my time scheduled was 5:15 but I was told to come in at 5:30 which really sucks. She told me that she would contact me again to reschedule an interview because now she has to be on the floor. Total waste of my time. I love shopping here and I know that I would've probably loved working here. Too bad things didn't go as I hoped. I have another interview for Sabon and American Eagle coming up... Hopefully those interviews will go well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gretna, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Gretna, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

It was an incredibly easy interview. I have had lots of experience in customer service, so that is what really sealed the deal. The manager who interviewed me was so kind and easy going. She did not ask me very many questions beside the basics of my past experience, how much I plan to work, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very smooth and easy. The Sr. Manger was a very nice lady who was very patient with every persons response. described the process of the group interview very well in the beginning and after the interview. She asked everyone to pick an outfit for her friend's babyshower and one outfit that best represents our personal style and taste in 5 min. overall Gap is very flexible with students with complicating schedules. the whole interview took 30min.