Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I didn't have an interview because I did an internship there and they hired me during the holidays. Which was pretty easy and I'm still employed at Old Navy. Though wish they can give out more work opportunities.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Applied at a job fair and online. Group interview with 5 people. Interviewer was very friendly and put us at ease. We pulled 2 different looks, one to describe us and another to wear in fall/winter. After explaining the looks we were asked a few questions. Overall it was good and dare I say fun?

Interview Questions

• Do you value personal or team goals more and why?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

As soon as I was submitting the job application they asked me if I had time for an interview, right there and then. The interview lasted like around an hour and mainly questions about customer service. A week after they called to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was to demonstrate that even though I didn't have experience in a retail store I knew about customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap in October 2014.

Interview

I was EXTREMELY early. The interview was like a big conversation. Asked what did customer service mean to us & how do we keep up with trends & why did we wore what we did

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service & selling.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (Flatbush, NY).

Interview

Regular retail questions. You apply online and they will call you. It is easy. Just dont be nervous. Sometimes it is group interview sometimes they are one on one interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gap in September 2014.

Interview

Apply when a big holiday is coming up because you almost guarantee to get the job, about 1-5 days they will call you to set up an interview with one of the managers there. They will ask you simple questions like why you wanna work there, your previous employers why you left, your hobbies etc. Also they will go over the policies they have. If you get the job job then you are required to watch some videos thats probably like 3 hours long, good thing about that is that you still get paid for watching them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (The Woodlands, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I applies online and the process took about 1 week. I went in and was offered a position that same day. I had NO previous retail experience and was offered 8.50/hour but the manager increased it to $8.75/hr. Everyone there is super nice and willing to teach one another and help out whenever we can. Fast paced environment but worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (Franklin, TN).

Interview

Initially I was interview by the scheduling manager. He asked a few questions about my prior experience. As well as a few situational questions. It was very lax and I wore clothes that would be appropriate for working there. He offered me a hourly wage of $10.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do?" type of questions such if you see a fellow employee stealing, what the protocol should be.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

Pretty generic interview questions that can be prepared beforehand, i.e. greatest strength and weakness, how you deal with difficult situations, etc. I was contacted for an interview and hired within 2 weeks or so.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap (Orange, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

first I did the online application, about 2 weeks later, i got a call to come in for a group interview. I arrived 30 minutes early and looked around the store while the interviewer was getting ready. It was 4 people in total and we were taken to the back room and sat down at a couch. They asked us if we had any job experience, a time where we had to deal with people, and how we would describe our fashion style and who our fashion role model was. And that was it

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with people or customers   Answer Question