Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

i applied online, got a call base on my availability. it was a group interview based on rotating questions, general ideas of sales and previos experience. review gap videos and responsibilities and the values of the store.after that they did a background check and gap account and i started working on the following week.

Interview Questions

• how do you face challenges, what would you do if you see someone stealing?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Required an application submitted online. It was straightforward and easy to fill out with a picture quiz of different situations that may happen on the floor and how you would handle them. Once I submitted that, I was asked to come in for a group interview with other candidates. Once I passed that step, I met with the General Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Gap (Corte Madera, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, recieved an email a few days later, came in for a super easy and quick one on one conversation and was offered a job! Very casual interview. Dress similar to the store Gap itself, but it is up to you. Interview is like a conversation, they want to get to know your personality more than anything else.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the best and one of the worst experiences youve had with customer service?   1 Answer
    • How do you keep up with fashion trends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online on the Gap hiring website website. One of the managers called me about a week (maybe less) later. The manager gave me a description of the sales associate position but did not ask too many questions for me to consider it a phone interview. She asked me to come in for a one on one later that week. Very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced something difficult and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gap (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

I went & asked the manager at Gap outlet in-person if she was hiring.
    She said yes, so I went home I applied about 3 days later.
    I gave her a call the morning I applied, telling her to let her know, referencing that we'd met in-person, etc.
    She said she'd try to get me into an interview the next week, but she never called me back.
    So I called for the 2nd time, asked her about my application & why no call-back, she said she'd try to get me in again the coming week.
    I was surprised when she actually kept her word the second time around & called me that Tuesday.
    She asked if I'd prefer interview on Wednesday or Saturday (valentines day) & asked me to come in at 2. I chose Saturday so I'd have more time to prepare.
    The interview was supposed to be a group one. But it was only me and one other girl, the other person never showed up. There were 2 interviewers, one young dude one young lady.
    All in all it was pretty easy.

The hardest part was reviewing the Gap card flash cards & trying to sell it to the lady interviewer at the end.
    Mainly bc I've never done that before, I was trying to draw on how I see other cashier sell cards but I think I did ok. Maybe a bit timid.
    We also picked out surprise date night outfits beforehand, I chose the lady's, the other girl interviewee chose the guy's outfit.

Lastly, I wasn't too surprised to be denied in the email I got a couple days later because the other girl I was being interview with worked at Nordstrom previously. I'm a high schoolar with no retail experience what so ever. So she kept talking about her past job at Nordstrom & I could only talk about fellow volunteers I worked with or my favorite teacher, instead of favorite boss /:

Interview Questions

• “Name & your favorite summer thing to do?”
      “Talk about your favorite teacher or boss and what made them your favorite?”
      “Do you think a Team goal or a Single, personal goal is more important? Like which would you pick and why?”
      “Describe a time where you dealt with an uncomfortable event?”
      “What about a time where you didn’t agree with the rules but followed them anyway? It doesn’t have to be anything super serious, it could be the dress code you had to wear to work, etc”
      “Tell me about a time where you received feedback from a coworker?”
      “Tell me about about a time you received great customer service?”
      “Do you have any questions for us?”

1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Applied online, received a call about a week later, went in for a group interview the following week, received a phone call a few days later notifying me of employment.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview questions - tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for The Gap, tell me a time you had a conflict with an employee/customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview almost immediately after filling out the application online. We walked over to the food court - it was very casual. The manager and a manager-in-training both interviewed me. Mostly the questions were based about my experience at previous retail positions. Nothing caught me off guard, or no question was too difficult to ask. If you're friendly and enjoy a retail position - you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst experience with a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through a career center which is where you have your pre screening. And if the career center recruiter feels your a great fit you get a paper with the info on when to meet with a gap manager and be held an interview. Once I met with the gap manager she said she would call back no later than a tuesday by 3pm. She got back to me and discussed on having an 2nd interview. I went for the second group interview with the gap manager and two other managers. Then after that wanted to see everyone individually and when it got to my turn they asked a few more questions and then in the end by giving me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

what they offered me was great. =)

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gap (Beverly Hills, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted roughly 3 weeks later. It was a group interview with 3 other candidates. We were each given time to answer the questions and at the end he told us he would contact us.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Gap?

What does the Gap style mean to you?

What would your previous coworkers say are your strengths and weaknesses?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied online and they called me a few days later to schedule an interview. The interview was with one of the managers, and it was very simple: he took me into their break room, asked me about my reasoning for wanting to work with the brand. He then asked me to describe my personal style, talk about my experiences with people, and asked me about availability. He told me on the spot that I was hired and that he would be calling me soon to set up a day for training and orientation. It very casual, easy, and simple!