Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

i walked in got the job based off of how i look. I was so excited because this was the best interview ever and i knew i would het it cause ik that good with a lot id experience and dirtier.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gap (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Got asked about myself and many situational questions like what would I do/what have I done. Really just making sure you understand the job. I had no other experience working in a shop and still got hired. I got asked to pick out an outfit from the shop floor and explain why I picked what. Then she offered me the job there and then.

Interview Questions

• Describe an item in your wardrobe and sell it to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Raleigh, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a rather lengthy process in fact. I'm not sure if it was the time of year or what but I came in, the interview was about 15-20 mins. I was called back a couple days later and was offered the job. Then it took a few weeks to even get my background check back.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

I got a referral from my friend and started as a Christmas temp. The interview was really easy. Standard questions such as why do you want to work with us, describe what do you think good customer service is, what was the most challenging situation you have ever found yourself in when working etc. I had no previous retail experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (Hurst, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

We walked around the mall until we found some place to sit. We were just chit chatting until then, the manager was very friendly. When we started, it was very casual, not stressful. It just seemed like a conversation than an actual interview. It was very easy going. The interview altogether was probably 30-45mins long.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Gap?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Apply online only. Receive an email about your interview time and date. You go in for one interview and it usually is a group interview. You hear back fairly quickly via email or phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terrell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Terrell, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. We did a group interview with four people. She asked each of us questions. Some were the same questions and some of us got different questions. I was nervous at first but the environment was very chill so I ended up doing good. Then she sent us on our way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had great customer service.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap (Saint John, NB (Canada)).

Interview

i applied online it was quick and easy, they got back to me the next day for an interview. it was a solo interview with the manager, concersational and very casual. good environment and nice people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Group interview, asked us why we wish to work for the company. what we can bring to this job. We then were asked to put an outfit together and sell it to our interviewer. This group panel was then followed up with a one on one interview with another manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Gap (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Came early so had to walk around for about 20 mins, which was very tedious. Was asked basic interview questions for about 10 mins, them they wanted to see how I interacted with customers and so was let out on the floor for about 30 mins, this was kind of difficult as I didn't know much about the different things they sold. Was told if A customer needed any help and I didnt know how to answer then I should ask her (the interviewer) or another employee, however when I did they looked annoyed that I had asked for help and almost reluctant to ask the back of house employees for the requests of the customer.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you have displayed excellent customer service   Answer Question