Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Group interview, we were asked all individual question. 2 of us got the job. easy going interview not too dificult but alot of paper work has to be filled out and watch 2 hrs of videos on loss prevention and plenty other things

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

We just talked— super easy. She didn't even really ask me typical interview questions other than, "do you own any gap clothes?" They're so desperate, they'll hire anyone at this point. Everyone's quitting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (Garden City, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Saw an opening online, applied. I got a call a few days later to schedule interview. The interview was one on one with an assistant manager. Quick and average retail interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very smooth and easy. The Sr. Manger was a very nice lady who was very patient with every persons response. described the process of the group interview very well in the beginning and after the interview. She asked everyone to pick an outfit for her friend's babyshower and one outfit that best represents our personal style and taste in 5 min. overall Gap is very flexible with students with complicating schedules. the whole interview took 30min.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (London, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

very thorough. starts with telephone interview then if successful a store interview lasting up to 2 hrs. 1st part is competency based questions then a outfit exercise, serve customers on the floor and tell them what you think of the store.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this job at Times Square and received a call to come in for an interview. I came in for the interview and the lady told me my time scheduled was 5:15 but I was told to come in at 5:30 which really sucks. She told me that she would contact me again to reschedule an interview because now she has to be on the floor. Total waste of my time. I love shopping here and I know that I would've probably loved working here. Too bad things didn't go as I hoped. I have another interview for Sabon and American Eagle coming up... Hopefully those interviews will go well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (Rosemont, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

I was able to transfer from one Gap brand to another seamlessly. The transfer was handled through my store managers and took about a week to complete and set up a face to face interview. Once there, the hiring manager asked about my skills at cashwrap, selling behaviors, and if I spoke any foreign languages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gap (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

it was short, i came in the manger took me to the back then she asked me about myself then i got to know her nd we did a fitting session i got hired on the spot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gap (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

took about 2 months to get hired and trained. I had a long phone call with a manager that called almost 2 months after I applied I almost forgot I had applied there. The person who interviewed me was nice enough and just described the job duties and asked a few times if i would have a problem with anything. She offered me a job on the spot. I have heard some it took longer to get hired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY).

Interview

They gave me a call to schedule an interview at their Times Square location. I was already nervous as it was my first job but when I got there the manager seemed to be in such a bad mood and none of my answers seem to satisfy him.