Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online at the website. About a week later, I got a call to interview the next evening at the store. The first interview was with the assistant manager and another associate. It was very informal, and they all seemed really friendly. Group interview. Questions included why this company, what do you think is the most important skill needed in this position, tell me about a time where you had to work as a team. I got called in for a second interview with another assistant manager. I was asked about availability, about times when I had to deal with a difficult customer, and other stuff. Was told I was going to be contacted a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Stand up and try to sell me the outfit you're wearing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap in April 2014.

Interview

Was called in for a group interview. When I got there, there for 4 other people. The interview was held in a pretty noisy area of the mall, so it was a little difficult to concentrate. the interview lasted about an hour and the hiring manager said he'd call us if they wanted a second interview. I got called later that same night to come in the next day for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service and sales?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when someone rejected what you were trying to sell them.   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a customer & make a connection with them?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Gap?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable selling the Gap Card?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online a week later got a call to be apart of a group interview. It was 11 people interviewing, it was a tad bit awkward and intimidating. Ask standard question nothing to difficult.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

called schedule interveiw

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gap (Roseville, MN).

Interview

You apply online. I waited about a week before I received a call back from Gap. I was then scheduled for a group interview. Apparently they really needed people because we were all hired a few days afterwards. I received a call and the manager offered me a job. I would say that the group interview was not too difficult. She asked us to talk about ourselves, talk about an experience with customer service, and why we wanted to work at Gap. Overall, it was an easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• I would say all the questions were pretty basic and to be expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered me a wage that worked in my range and offered me hours as well. Very quick and easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

After completing the online application, which included an assessment, I was contacted by the general manager to schedule an interview. At the interview, she was very prepared and had read my resume, which we discussed. At the end of the interview, she explained that she had roughly twice the number of candidates to interview as she had open positions. I was contacted about a week later and offered the job. Training consisted of filling out the usual paperwork, watching training videos from corporate, assembling outfits in Baby Gap, and trying on jeans to understand cut and fit.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between customer service and selling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process was really fun ! The manager or the person that's hiring you gives you a scenario dealing with what to wear. Then you would get 10 mins to pick out the perfect outfit. Afterwards, you would sit down with the person that is hiring you and they'll do the run down of basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online, and the store manager called me to schedule an interview eight days later. They tend to do group interviews here, but I received a one on one interview with him. He asked me a few questions about my perception of Gap and my own interests in clothing. After that, I prepared a few questions of my own to ask him. We talked for roughly half an hour, and it honestly just felt like a friendly, easygoing conversation. He called me within two days with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate the hourly pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Interview process took about two weeks, filled out application online, was later scheduled for a group interview. The group interview was fairly easy nothing too difficult, normal questions…why gap? previous experience? I received a call back later that week for a final interview with the store manager. At that point I was already hired based on the group interview, I was asked of my availability and received an overview of the company and hourly wage, etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult, just be confident, especially in a group interview say something to stand out from the rest of the crowd.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gap (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

it was short, i came in the manger took me to the back then she asked me about myself then i got to know her nd we did a fitting session i got hired on the spot