Gap Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 3, 2015

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

An employee referred me to this position at gap. After emailing back and forth for about one and a half months, we finally scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, and why I was interested in becoming an inventory specialist. After that, I was invited in for an in-person interview in San Francisco. The in-person interview consisted of multiple people and they asked questions about my resume and hypothetical questions. I thought I landed the job, but I received an email a week later stating that they took the position down. Extremely frustrating hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you allocated all of your product to all Old Navy stores across the country, but had extra inventory. What factors would you consider in allocating those extra products?   Answer Question

Managerial Position At Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I recently considered making application for a position at the San Francisco Corporate Office of the Gap.

Considering the international scope of the position and related issues concerning this position (I was aware of being a San Franciscan who held an identical position at another San Francisco Corporation) I needed more information prior to making a full application...

I'm not being too detailed about the position as it might comprimise my current position.

I found the recruiter's contact information and emailed him asking for additional details concerning the position including amount of international travel as an example. I could find no number to contact him, but after getting snubbed twice I did not think it was worth the effort.

I've never had this experience before but I got no reply nor answers to my questions, I contacted the recruiter again and still no reply so I decided not to bother making a formal application.

I recently had a similar experience with another San Francisco corporation for essentially the same position with them. In that instance I got an immediate reply with the information I needed even on a Saturday as the recruiter's at the other company are far more professional than at the Gap. This only soured me more on the Gap as a potential employer.

I think part of the problem is the Gap has always been youth oriented, some of their corporate jobs require a lot of experience which I have, yet they seem so concerned with their youthful image I think one reason was I'm a very experienced older manager and did not fit their youthful ajenda. If you are ever in the corporate office you will have seen what I'm discussing here.

My take on gthe Gap is they are unprofessional in their recruiting efforts and unrealistic in their ajenda for screening of applicants.

Should you be young and pretty you probably can get a job there, if you are older and experienced you might get the run around in making application which is why I'm writing this to warn you...

Interview Questions

• Not Applicable as i did not proceed after the insult...   Answer Question

Retail Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

First phone interview is very basic. Then they give you a project that you need to present which they say takes 8 hours of work. The project description is listed below. They get back to you in about 2 weeks. I wouldn't spend as much time on the project if I had to do it again. Don't focus on how much money they will make with the idea.

Interview Questions

• For the project- What brand would you create at GAP.   1 Answer

Sample Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an HR recruiter which was pretty basic and casual. I was just asked about my current position and background. I was then asked to send my availability over so that they could schedule an in-person interview at the photo studio. I met with the account manager and assistant account manager and was asked basic interview questions. The interview lasted 30-45 minutes and I was told that HR would contact me the following week.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your current position?   Answer Question
    • What was the most difficult situation you have been faced with at work and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were faced with a deadline that you knew you could not meet?   1 Answer

Retail Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Format of interview – Two interviews with a recruiter and a business partner. The interviews lasted between 50 minutes and one hour.

Though I thought the first conversation went well and I really clicked with a business partner, when I went to speak with a recruiter (which happened to be in charge of the whole recruiting/retail management/internship program, I couldn't seem to click with her. She seemed to dismiss my answers, didn't seem engaged in what I said, and did not answer my questions about the position or herself with much enthusiasm.

While I think I could've handled the second interview better, I felt that two interviews back-to-back within the course of an hour was exhausting and nerve wracking, especially given their high positions. If I had passed through this round, there still would've been two more rounds to follow. As much as I love Gap, Inc. their recruiting process is extremely tiring and exclusive.

Interview Questions

• Given your major, why are you interested in the Retail Management Program?   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

phone interview then in-person panel interview. phone interview was very straightforward. the person asked for my background and what an inventory analyst would do. the panel interview consisted of analytical questions like "what would you do if you were to allocate x amount of clothing in an area?" they just want to see your thought process and analytical ability.

Interview Questions

• analytical question was a bummer. they give you a situation and the past sales performance data and want to see your approach the problem. i'd say really know retail math concepts.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied as soon as the job appeared on the jobs career site, and 3 days after applying I got called into an interview, and 3 days after the interview I got the job.
    Very simple really. Complete an application, do an interview, and wait for the background check.

Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via phone and followed up with an email. The email included the job description

Interview Questions

• How do you initiate a change management program when there is no any senior management support   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

A couple of phone interviews followed by an onsite interview with several team members. They were nice and gave me plenty of time to answer. They asked questions to clarify and were very professional

Interview Questions

• Mostly my approach to scrum   1 Answer

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I did a phone interview and about a week later went in and just met with about 3-4 people on the border team. Some were team members and some were other partners apart of the overall brand.

They asked all basic questions. Nothing to hard. To be honest, anyone could do this in their sleep.