Gap Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Assistant Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the role at corporate and set up the phone interview with the department manager. The interview was maybe 15 minutes long, with the interviewer reading quickly through a list of questions. I was a little flustered because they read everything off really fast as if they were reading a script. It was a little unnerving. They asked maybe three questions, then ended the interview abruptly.

Online Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Reached out by an internal recruiter and phone screened after expressing interest in the opportunity. Got a reply the next day to be interviewed after she presented me to their panel. The date was set up for a week later and I met with two people for the interview. Heard back 2.5 weeks later that they hired internally which I was somewhat ready for because many Gap interview reviews do mention they go internal frequently. Thought I did pretty well so not sure where the internal candidate came from being that it's an entry level position.

Senior Sourcing Manager Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Got an email requesting phone interview, After 4 days of emailing finally got an appointment scheduled. The recruiter never called at the appointed time. His assistant deeply embarrassed tried to reschedule, however, they did not follow up. Disorganized unprofessional amateurs.

Senior Manager, Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

3 phone interviews followed by an on site interview. there were to be 3 interviewers. ended up giving a really strange reason why they wouldn't be giving a job offer. they seem to not care about wasting people's time. overall, a negative experience and hopefully their sales continue to decline.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at GAP? where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Meet with recruiter, than do initial screening and formal interview. May require you to meet with multiple managers and then director. Overall the recruiters were very helpful and responded to questions quickly. Seem to be really eager to keep talent within the company.

Retail Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Overall good experience. I applied through my school site, first interview was at campus career center. Very friendly asked mostly about my previous experience, how well I knew gap, and why I was a good fit. Next was a project, where I had to come up with a new brand to add to their portfolio. They recommend about a week to prepare, but I definitely did not spend as much time as I could. In hindsight, I should have made mine more polished. They really want to see that you are well rounded and understand the creative side equally as the financial/strategy. Not asked to continue beyond this, but they went out of their way to give me a phone call explaining the pros and cons of my presentation and what I should improve on if I chose to reapply.

Interview Questions

• If I have 50,000 sweaters, how do I go about determining which stores to distribute them to, and how many to each?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Submitted Online Application in Feb 2015 2. Received email in the month of April - regarding internship opportunities 3. Email had telephonic and onsite interview schedule. 4. Had telephonic interview on the next day of receiving email 5. Had onsite interview on the next day of telephonic interview

Interview Questions

• 1. Telephonic Interview - Why GapTech? Why are you suitable for this role? etc. 2. Onsite Interview: Tell me about your projects. Asked questions about my work experience. Asked few questions related to scrum.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very smooth and easy. The Sr. Manger was a very nice lady who was very patient with every persons response. described the process of the group interview very well in the beginning and after the interview. She asked everyone to pick an outfit for her friend's babyshower and one outfit that best represents our personal style and taste in 5 min. overall Gap is very flexible with students with complicating schedules. the whole interview took 30min.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was recruited from my campus. So there was an initial one-to-one interview. They also had a group interview with other candidates from my college. When you make it past the those interviews, they fly you out to headquarters in San Francisco for another evaluation. It's rigorous, but they try to bring together a highly qualified group of people.

Interview Questions

• They view how you interact in a group interview, as well as one-to-one.   Answer Question

Contract - Buying Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about a contract position with Gap. After providing the recruiter needed information I was scheduled for a phone interview with Gap. I spoke with a Gap representative then followed up with the recruiter. I was then quickly moved forward in an in-person interview, where I met with 3 professionals at 30 minute intervals. 3 days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Q. Elaborate on this bullet point on your resume. Q. Have you ever uncovered a procedure that didn't work and if so what did you do about it?   Answer Question