Gap Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

1.9

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call within a week from the store manager asking me to come in for an interview. A few days later, before I had met the manager in person for the interview, I got another phone call saying that our first 5 minute phone conversation counted as my "interview" and that I could come in for training. The process and manager seemed chaotic and unorganized.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was about my availability during the holiday season.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (Birmingham, AL) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a one on one interview. I went in and the interviewer asked me a few standard questions. A lot of the questions are about how and why you would react / handle certain situations. A lot of questions about customer service experience. Then I was asked about my personal style and what inspires it. i made something up because my style is pretty much the polar opposite from what GAP sells.

Interview Questions

• Did you know GAP and Banana Republic are apart of the same company?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call 2-3 weeks later saying I had an interview the following Monday. On Monday I received a call that went to voicemail that morning saying the interview was cancelled and they would call me back "later" to set up another time. I returned the call to confirm I had received the message. 6 weeks go by. Never heard from them. I did not bother to contact them again because I did not want to seem desperate, and I was not desperate for the job. I thought if they were interested they would have just hired me, so they probably found someone else. Still annoying to be left on the hook like that. But one day, somewhere in the middle of week 6, I get a call saying they'd like to interview me the following day. I go to the interview, seriously took less than 10 minutes and was mostly an explanation of the company and store. Only question I remember being asked is what my sense of style was and how I got it. I was also asked about availability. I was told I was a good fit and they would see how many people they were hiring and if there was room for me, they'd run a background check and hire me. I didn't expect to hear from them again, my last 3 interviews at other companies had said the same thing at the end, just to kinda let me down easily. A week later I got a call saying I had the job and needed to come the next day to fill out paperwork. We set up a time, and I arrived in the store only about 1 minute late. I waited 20 minutes for the assistant manager, and filling out the paperwork took 30 minutes. Then, I was told I'd be called over the weekend with a time to train before the holiday rush, probably sometime the following Monday, which was 4 days before the rush. Sunday afternoon and I had not heard anything. So I called, and was told they'd have a time Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. I called only to be told I'd be called back later with a time I could train with a few other new-hires. Monday at 4:30 p.m. I had not heard, so I called back. They were shocked I hadn't been called, but then again no one else had either. I was told I'd be called "later." Monday is over now, still waiting to get a time to be trained. If the work schedule continues on in this fashion, I will be resigning probably after the first paycheck, if I ever see one. I cannot put everything in my life on hold everyday because I "might" have to work. It's ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or difficult questions, only asked about sense of fashion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$8.50/hr for seasonal sales associates, raises post holiday season.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

It was a group interview, we were told to first pick out an outfit for a blind date occasion. We were then taken to a room and asked to share why you picked that outfit. After that, there was two hiring managers there to ask everyone questions such as, what the gap means to you, share a good customer service experience and wheres your favorite place to shop and why. For the interview, it was very casual and fun, the managers were really nice and funny. I wore jeans, heels, and a gap sweater and gap blazer with accessories. They said the starting salary was 9.00 and hour.

Interview Questions

• What the gap means to you, share a good customer service experience, and explain what good customer service means to you, explain a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it, and wheres your favorite place to shop and why.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online online, and got a call the next day but had missed the initial call. After calling and leaving my name I received a call a week later asking for me to come in an interview a couple days later in the afternoon. I went in and there was another person being interviewed with me, The interview last a half hour and was held in the backroom. All the questions were regular interview questions, and the manager was really nice and made the interview comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Explain your work experience. What are two words to describe you? Do you keep up on fashion trends? What would you call your style?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The application was longer than I thought it would be. It requires basic info, name, DOB, etc, but then you have to take their assessment to see if you are right for the position. It was okay though, it almost felt like an interview. it gives you different situations with five different responses and you say if you would do or wouldn't do that response, then you pick the worst and best response.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer wanted to return an item later than policy allows, and then gets violent/loud when you say it is against policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gap (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and 2 days later they called me in for a group interview. There was about 12 people getting interviewed and I felt somewhat discouraged because everyone has had work experience and I did not have any so I didn't have much to talk about. Because I had no work experience, they asked me to try to sell the outfit that I was wearing to them.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap in November 2014.

Interview

It was a quick and low-key interview. 5 or 6 of us sat in a circle in the fitting room with the two primary managers of the stores, and we all answered 4-6 questions going in order around the circle. I was called a few days later and got the job!

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap in November 2014.

Interview

The process took two days. I walked in the store and asked if they were hiring. The manager asked me to come in the next day for and interview and I got hired on the spot. I was actually expecting a group interview, but I ended up having a one on one interview. The questions were pretty simple, such as "Describe the position you held at your last job." "Why do you want to work at The Gap?" "What do you hope to gain from The Gap?"

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular was difficult. She did ask if I had any questions, so perhaps have something planned to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I named my price and she accepted. It will help if you mention how the company is raising its minimum wage in 2015 to $10 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Tulare, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Tulare, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online got a call about 3 days later to come in for a group interview in 2 days , came in walked to a private room with the manager interviewing myself and 3 other girls.

Interview Questions

• What are your past job experiences?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw someone stealing?   1 Answer
    • What would you do on a slow day?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a friend asked to use your employe discount?   1 Answer