Gap Stock Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

1.8

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

I applied on online, got called the next day. I was given different days and times that I could choose to come on for the interview. My interview was a group interview with 3 other people. The person that interviewed us made things very relaxed and was talking to us before the actual interview, so it made the interview feel like we were just having a big group discussion. I was nervous before the interview, and I got all overly worked up for nothing, this was the most relaxing interview ever. It only lasted 30 minutes, it seem like it was much longer but only 30 minutes. They said that everybody would get called back by the end of the day to let the know of they got the job.(this was for a new store, that's opening soon) So that's why the process was kinda speedy. I go an call 2 hours later saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service and selling? Or is there a difference?   Answer Question
  • Paint a picture of what you think customer service is?   Answer Question
  • Describe a color that best fits you and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took about a week. It was a group interview, you sat down in a group in the back of the store room, then the manager asked us to interview each other. We interviewed our partners and expressed the knowledge we obtained to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you need to express leadership skills that benefited the team?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gap.

Interview

Called in for interview after a few days of applying online.
    Was a group interview with about 6 other people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an email scheduling me for a group interview. The group interview was basically simple questions like why did you chose the gap and what about the gap do you like... Some advice: answer as many questions as you can, put yourself out there because it is competition between you and about 7 other candidates. The best question you can ask the interviewer is " what is the ideal candidate?"

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between customer service and selling something?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation, I had to email them after a week and a half to make sure they did not forget about me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queenstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap (Queenstown, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online; went through online process of questions. All of the online questions were common sense. I got a call a few MONTHS later, and luckily i was unemployed. I was invited to an interview. The interviewer was not really into it, and lazily read off of a list of questions from a Gap corporate printout. They were pretty basic-- "What would you do if X," "What's your experience with Y,"... I made sure to be detailed with my question, and just made sure to talk to her like i was having a conversation. I brought up examples and stories. I was polite and maintained eye contact, but not TOO much eye contact. The manager thanked me and told me that the stock manager would be giving me a call to follow up. The stock manager did call me back in the evening and went over the same questions, and was pretty much just gauging my personality. Again, just be yourself, be bubbly and soulful. I think this Gap was desperate for workers though.

Negotiation

I asked for 9 per hour but she told me i could only start at 8.25, and that you can get one raise per year.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed with a group of people who were mostly highly qualified. The experience was pretty intimidating. However, this kind of interview allows you to buy more time in order to answer the questions better. The last part was to choose clothing items for head to toe to create a signature outfit that represents yourself and its purpose (i.e. date, hanging out with friends, concert, clubbing, barhopping etc)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (Auburn, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Filled out an online application which included an easy skills test on expected retail behaviors (i.e. a picture of a messy table display with unfolded clothes on top and a "Yes" or "No" question asking whether the table was fine as it was). Received a call a few days later to set up an interview. Had a 1:1 interview with the store manager (I had previously worked at this job before transferring to a different job so I was already familiar with the management) so the questions were relatively easy standard interview questions. I received a call that day or the next day offering me a position and I started the following week.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions, just general ones like how you handle stressful situations, meet multiple deadlines, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I was offered their base-rate pay for stock associates.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gap in December 2009.

Interview

It was a fairly easy process. I had to interview with two different managers - they called me back within the week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always ask for more than you think you would get, but tell them it's negotiable. You don't want to scare them away but you want to get as much money as possible.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gap in January 2007.

Interview

One of the most important things when interviewing for any job, even a stock position at a retail store, is to dress like you mean business.
    My interview process started by having a friend who worked there give me an introduction. Telling the manager who I was, what I was like, and explaining my qualifications. Then I described myself in more detail, told her my ambitions, and explained my reason for wanting to work at The Gap. She asked me various questions about myself to follow up, alot of personal questions to gauge what kind of person I was. Honest answers seem to work best.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very brief. It was more of a "I'll hire you at this wage." At the time I was unsure what starting wages should be for a position like that, and had no clue how to negotiate.

Stock Associate Interview

Interview

Found job ad online seeking seasonal stock associates and asked to apply online. Interview was easy and included typical questions. Asked to sell what I was wearing, and a lot of behavioural questions.