Gap UK Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gap UK

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap UK (Cardiff, Wales (UK)).

Interview

Applied Online on GAP Website, got a telephone call about 3 weeks later and was invited for an interview the following week. I was told before hand it was a group interview - i did not need to prepare anything but was told to wear jeans and a shirt (casual). Arrived at store on day of interview, had a group task to get all 3 of us talking , then were given two tasks of going on the shop floor with two separate budgets of £120 and a scenario for women's and mens and have to explain why we chose the clothes etc. Then we were placed on the shop floor separately with members of staff and we individually called to have 1:1 interview. Questions were why gap, good customer service example, job expectations etc. Then did a closing group exercise. Was told would hear back within 7days. Very friendly and pretty relaxed. Took about 2 hours in total.

Interview Questions

• What do you friends think of you when your working at your best?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gap UK in January 2014.

Interview

telephone interview and one to one,normal questions for sale associate interview, selling, customer service...Do you want to talk,smile and be helpful for other people? How would you describe yourself? How would your friends describe you?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gap UK.

Interview

Handed my CV directly in to the shop. Was contacted roughly a month or so later and was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was with the store manager.

Examples of questions I was asked "Give me an example of a time when you provided good customer service," "What do you think good customer service is?" "Tell me about a time when a customer wasn't pleased with a particular service and how you handled this." Very much your regular interview questions. Emphasis on good service and teamwork.

I was later taken to the shop floor and asked to approach customers and ask if they required any help (while the manager took notes). Tips: Make sure you have a smile, if you are unsure about anything ask another sales associate, try to add on sales (i.e. this belt would also go well with those jeans, have you seen the scarf that matches that hat?).

Others interviewing were asked to choose an outfit (usually for the opposite sex) to show that they understand what goes and what does not. Tip: Make sure you don't just pick a basic t-shirt and a basic pair of jeans. Try and add layers i.e. pick jeans, a tshirt, a jumper, a jacket, a belt, a scarf... as much as you can... and make sure that it looks good together.

I received a phone call about a week or so later and was told I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a disagreement with a work mate, and what did you do? If you haven't had a disagreement, what would you do if two other work mates had a disagreement that got out of hand?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gap UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online on Gap careers.

Received a phone call a week later for a telephone screening

Passed the telephone screening and was invited in store to have a one to one interview with the store manager.

I passed this stage and was subsequently hired and asked to come in for a training weekend.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap UK (London, England (UK)) in July 2008.

Interview

Consisted of a 30 minute phone call with the store manager after having applied online. I was asked of customer service experiences both good and bad, I was also asked what I knew about GAP (do your homework). What I would say is most important would be to have a conversation with the manager, when asked "is there anything else?" which they will ALWAYS ask, thats leading you on to create conversation with the manager and show your social skills, speech etc, which is vital for sales and customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have been complemented for your customer service.   2 Answers