Garage Interview Questions

2.5

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Garage.

I interviewed first with the assistant manager then with the store manager. Everyone loved me and seemed like they really wanted me to get the job. The next step was interviewing with the dm. They wanted me to drive all the way to Cherry Hill, NJ (I live near Philly) to interview with her. I said okay because I really wanted the job and I just happened to already have plans to go to Jersey that day anyway to visit a friend. So I get a call and the store manager, Liz, tells me the DM is too busy so it will have to be a phone interview. I said okay and went through with it. I interviewed with her for probably 40 minutes on the phone and everything went exceptionally well. Liz had even given me her number in case I had any questions about the interview with the DM- all signs showing she really wanted me to get this job. Everything was great, the DM loved me so we moved forward and they did a background check on me. I guess during this time a lot of employers were doing background checks because I waited for almost two weeks and it still hadn't finished yet. Next thing I know I'm receiving a TEXT MESSAGE from the store manager telling me I wasn't going to get the job. Seriously? A TEXT? How unprofessional can a person be??? Everything about the way she did things was so unprofessional and disorganized. If this is how they handle situations, I can only imagine what it would be like to work for that company. I wasn't even given a reason as to why they didn't choose me; but I'm assuming it's because they found someone who wanted less money than I did. It's King of Prussia mall for pete's sake, they must make good money. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness? (It's an easy question but for the longest time I didn't know how to answer it)   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Garage.

I applied in June and I didn't get a call back for an interview until the end of August. I got the application from the store with my friend, and turned it in that day. I got called in for the interview and scheduled it for early September. During the interview the manager asked basic questions like "tell me about yourself" "Why do you want to work for Garage" The interview lasted about 10 minutes then you had to take a short "quiz" it was basically a bunch of scenarios and you had to pick the best answer. After all of that was done with they said they would have their decisions within the next week. Overall I thought the interview went well I kept the manager laughing and smiling but ended up not getting the job.

I must warn you guys there was a race issue (at least at the location I applied at) that stop me from getting the job (it was a serious issue might I add) with not only me but 2 other African Americans that had interviews before me.

Interview Questions
    • "if you caught an employee stealing what would you do?"
      "if you cam across and angry customer how would you handle it?"
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Garage.

i walked into the store and asked for application. the old assistant manager gave me one in store and had me take a questionnaire (can't be hired if not passed). She called me for an interview and immediately told me i was hired. SHE made working there worth while.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you did not get along with store manager.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Garage.

one interview, easy basic questions. interviewer talked more than I did. recruited.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult at all. basic questions about customer service and talk about what numbers are expected and how the company regulates your numbers.   Answer Question
    negotiate for a higher pay than what you typically would.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Garage.

When you turn in app, they will determine if your look fits the store brand. If it does not than they do not consider you for any positions. If you are determined to be brand than they will call you for an interview you. they want to get to know you and see what your personality is like if you have traits that fit the Brand. Remember to be WWGGH- Warm Welcoming, Genuine, Generous, Helpful. You must pass there customer service test their background test and their credit check to get to the interview stage.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about difficult situations you have had in the past. Typical interview questions. If your look fits the brand and you have an up beat personality you will get hired.   Answer Question
    Not much opportunity to negotiate. They have a set bracket of pay for what they are hiring for they may go up 25 cents but thats about it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Garage in July 2013.

I came in to shop at the store and the manager start a conversation with me and the next thing I know she offered me a job and gave me paperwork on the same day right on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • No interview but she know I have strong retail background.   Answer Question
    Very straight forward. Every sales associate get paid at the same rate disregard retail experience level. No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Garage in March 2012.

The manager had called to make an offer for an interview, but I initially declined. A few weeks later, I went to the store and she still offered me an interview. I interviewed on the spot with her and the Area manager, and a few days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your approach to customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Garage in June 2010.

I filled out an application on their website, they called be back within about a week, maybe two weeks. I had to go in for a questionnaire, mainly consisting of situational questions, all which had to be completed in 30 minutes; I could not make it the original day that they wanted me to come, they were lenient with allowing me to reschedule. I was called back a couple of days after their estimated date of when they were going to let me know. When you go in for the interview, some advice would be to take a good look at their clothes, they will definitely ask you questions, which knowing their style will help. Most of the questions were about basic retail. You might be asked to sell an item on you, some even have to put together an outfit with their clothes, to sell to whoever is interviewing them. After the interview, the assistant manager, who was the one that I was interviewed by, seemed more laid-back, than she did in the interview. I heard back a bit later than when I was told that they would call me.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Garage in May 2010.

This is a clothing company originally from Canada but is now coming to the United States and I applied to a new one opening in my state through a job fair. It was fairly easy all I had to do was pick up an application, fill it out, give it back and then waited a minute to be interviewed by someone. The girl who interviewed me was super nice and was the co-manager of the store (i guess they have that even though it's not even opened yet) but the interview questions were basic, she asked about my previous experience, what is my biggest accomplishment and how would i describe good customer service and a few more questions along those lines. It's been almost a month and i have not recieved a call from them but the store is not even opened yet still so i'm still hoping to get the call.

Interview Questions
    • What benefits would you say a good company will offer you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Garage in August 2009.

GARAGE CLOTHING is weird in that the hiring process takes place on the clothing floor itself. The interview was inturupted by customers and she couldnt hear e because of the music. Overall the place was like the uglier cousin of A&F and i was way overdressed compared to the uggs and flannel the people on the floor were wearing. If you want to get hired just work in that your neat, you can sell, and you are always on time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with an obstacle and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question