Garage Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.5

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Garage.

I applied in June and I didn't get a call back for an interview until the end of August. I got the application from the store with my friend, and turned it in that day. I got called in for the interview and scheduled it for early September. During the interview the manager asked basic questions like "tell me about yourself" "Why do you want to work for Garage" The interview lasted about 10 minutes then you had to take a short "quiz" it was basically a bunch of scenarios and you had to pick the best answer. After all of that was done with they said they would have their decisions within the next week. Overall I thought the interview went well I kept the manager laughing and smiling but ended up not getting the job.

I must warn you guys there was a race issue (at least at the location I applied at) that stop me from getting the job (it was a serious issue might I add) with not only me but 2 other African Americans that had interviews before me.

Interview Questions
    • "if you caught an employee stealing what would you do?"
      "if you cam across and angry customer how would you handle it?"
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Garage.

i walked into the store and asked for application. the old assistant manager gave me one in store and had me take a questionnaire (can't be hired if not passed). She called me for an interview and immediately told me i was hired. SHE made working there worth while.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you did not get along with store manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Garage in July 2013.

I came in to shop at the store and the manager start a conversation with me and the next thing I know she offered me a job and gave me paperwork on the same day right on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • No interview but she know I have strong retail background.   Answer Question
    Very straight forward. Every sales associate get paid at the same rate disregard retail experience level. No negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Garage.

one interview, easy basic questions. interviewer talked more than I did. recruited.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult at all. basic questions about customer service and talk about what numbers are expected and how the company regulates your numbers.   Answer Question
    negotiate for a higher pay than what you typically would.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Garage.

When you turn in app, they will determine if your look fits the store brand. If it does not than they do not consider you for any positions. If you are determined to be brand than they will call you for an interview you. they want to get to know you and see what your personality is like if you have traits that fit the Brand. Remember to be WWGGH- Warm Welcoming, Genuine, Generous, Helpful. You must pass there customer service test their background test and their credit check to get to the interview stage.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about difficult situations you have had in the past. Typical interview questions. If your look fits the brand and you have an up beat personality you will get hired.   Answer Question
    Not much opportunity to negotiate. They have a set bracket of pay for what they are hiring for they may go up 25 cents but thats about it

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Garage in March 2012.

The manager had called to make an offer for an interview, but I initially declined. A few weeks later, I went to the store and she still offered me an interview. I interviewed on the spot with her and the Area manager, and a few days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your approach to customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Garage in August 2009.

GARAGE CLOTHING is weird in that the hiring process takes place on the clothing floor itself. The interview was inturupted by customers and she couldnt hear e because of the music. Overall the place was like the uglier cousin of A&F and i was way overdressed compared to the uggs and flannel the people on the floor were wearing. If you want to get hired just work in that your neat, you can sell, and you are always on time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with an obstacle and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Willow Grove, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Garage in June 2010.

I filled out an application on their website, they called be back within about a week, maybe two weeks. I had to go in for a questionnaire, mainly consisting of situational questions, all which had to be completed in 30 minutes; I could not make it the original day that they wanted me to come, they were lenient with allowing me to reschedule. I was called back a couple of days after their estimated date of when they were going to let me know. When you go in for the interview, some advice would be to take a good look at their clothes, they will definitely ask you questions, which knowing their style will help. Most of the questions were about basic retail. You might be asked to sell an item on you, some even have to put together an outfit with their clothes, to sell to whoever is interviewing them. After the interview, the assistant manager, who was the one that I was interviewed by, seemed more laid-back, than she did in the interview. I heard back a bit later than when I was told that they would call me.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Garage in May 2010.

This is a clothing company originally from Canada but is now coming to the United States and I applied to a new one opening in my state through a job fair. It was fairly easy all I had to do was pick up an application, fill it out, give it back and then waited a minute to be interviewed by someone. The girl who interviewed me was super nice and was the co-manager of the store (i guess they have that even though it's not even opened yet) but the interview questions were basic, she asked about my previous experience, what is my biggest accomplishment and how would i describe good customer service and a few more questions along those lines. It's been almost a month and i have not recieved a call from them but the store is not even opened yet still so i'm still hoping to get the call.

Interview Questions
    • What benefits would you say a good company will offer you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Garage in September 2014.

It was a group interview. When I first came into the store, they had me fill out a questionnaire. It had 21 situational questions on them, which were fairly easy to answer. I exited the store to go to the washroom and when I came back, I met another girl who apparently had an interview at Garage the same time I did. That's when I realized it was a group interview. I worried for nothing and thought it was going to be questions about clothing and other stuff, but apparently it was all about past experience with customer service (shopping wise), and what you would do if a customer did this, or that, how would you treat a stressed customer who came in 15 minutes before closing, and how would you help a person looking for a certain sweater etc. Describe a time when you were stressed. Please don't use yelling as an example, like I did. Cringeworthy, I know. Other questions involved why you wanted to work there, and past work experience, which should be fairly easy to answer. :)

Interview Questions

Worked for Garage? Contribute to the Community!