Garage Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied 3 months prior to my interview i got a call , it was a group interview we got asked hard off guard questions , they make you feel very comfortable even though its a group interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Garage

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Garage.

Interview

i walked into the store and asked for application. the old assistant manager gave me one in store and had me take a questionnaire (can't be hired if not passed). She called me for an interview and immediately told me i was hired. SHE made working there worth while.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you did not get along with store manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Garage (Houston, TX).

Interview

When you turn in app, they will determine if your look fits the store brand. If it does not than they do not consider you for any positions. If you are determined to be brand than they will call you for an interview you. they want to get to know you and see what your personality is like if you have traits that fit the Brand. Remember to be WWGGH- Warm Welcoming, Genuine, Generous, Helpful. You must pass there customer service test their background test and their credit check to get to the interview stage.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about difficult situations you have had in the past. Typical interview questions. If your look fits the brand and you have an up beat personality you will get hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much opportunity to negotiate. They have a set bracket of pay for what they are hiring for they may go up 25 cents but thats about it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Garage (Arlington, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I came in to shop at the store and the manager start a conversation with me and the next thing I know she offered me a job and gave me paperwork on the same day right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• No interview but she know I have strong retail background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward. Every sales associate get paid at the same rate disregard retail experience level. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Garage (Willow Grove, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

I filled out an application on their website, they called be back within about a week, maybe two weeks. I had to go in for a questionnaire, mainly consisting of situational questions, all which had to be completed in 30 minutes; I could not make it the original day that they wanted me to come, they were lenient with allowing me to reschedule. I was called back a couple of days after their estimated date of when they were going to let me know. When you go in for the interview, some advice would be to take a good look at their clothes, they will definitely ask you questions, which knowing their style will help. Most of the questions were about basic retail. You might be asked to sell an item on you, some even have to put together an outfit with their clothes, to sell to whoever is interviewing them. After the interview, the assistant manager, who was the one that I was interviewed by, seemed more laid-back, than she did in the interview. I heard back a bit later than when I was told that they would call me.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me your purse?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Garage (Miami, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

This is a clothing company originally from Canada but is now coming to the United States and I applied to a new one opening in my state through a job fair. It was fairly easy all I had to do was pick up an application, fill it out, give it back and then waited a minute to be interviewed by someone. The girl who interviewed me was super nice and was the co-manager of the store (i guess they have that even though it's not even opened yet) but the interview questions were basic, she asked about my previous experience, what is my biggest accomplishment and how would i describe good customer service and a few more questions along those lines. It's been almost a month and i have not recieved a call from them but the store is not even opened yet still so i'm still hoping to get the call.

Interview Questions

• What benefits would you say a good company will offer you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Garage (Paramus, NJ) in August 2009.

Interview

GARAGE CLOTHING is weird in that the hiring process takes place on the clothing floor itself. The interview was inturupted by customers and she couldnt hear e because of the music. Overall the place was like the uglier cousin of A&F and i was way overdressed compared to the uggs and flannel the people on the floor were wearing. If you want to get hired just work in that your neat, you can sell, and you are always on time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an obstacle and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Garage.

Interview

Went in-store to apply. The manager scheduled me in for an interview the following week. When we went to the store and told us we were there for our interview, she did not even remember we had an interview and looked like she could not even remember who we were. She was not well prepared and forgot our resumes and references at the store when we went to the food court for the interview. We finished the interview and then had to fill out applications. She told us we were hired and just had to send the applications to head office and would call us after the Christmas break to start working the week after New Years. Waited for three weeks for a call and did not hear anything, so decided to call. I was told the forms still had to come back but it was just because "head office was closed for Christmas". I thought nothing of it and let it go a few more weeks before calling again, when I could not reach the manager that interviewed me. I was told that she had just left early and was "going on vacation" for the next week or two. I explained my situation to the girl on the phone and she allowed me to give a message to the store manager, and told me she would call back within the week to let me know what was happening. The week passed with no call, and I decided to just forget about it. I was quite annoyed that the manager told me that I was hired, I even went out and got a few items of clothing from the store so I had something to wear to work. I think it was absolutely ridiculous that she allowed me to believe I was getting a job. I stopped looking for jobs and probably could have gotten another one if it was not for her. A few weeks later, I learned that a few people from school had actually gotten "let go" because they had too many workers! It was a terrible experience and very unprofessional.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Garage (North Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied in store and received a call to come in for an interview about a week later. The interview was held in the store just on a couch by the fitting rooms. Really good interview, manager was nice. We actually laughed a lot which was calming during an interview. Really excited to work here

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over anyone else?   Answer Question
    • What was one thing I liked the least about my last job?   Answer Question
    • You have 2 minutes to walk around the store. You need to create 2 outfits for a 16 year old girl. One for school and one for hanging out with friends on the weekend. You can use anything in the store.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Garage (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Went into Garage to ask if they were hiring and then I gave the manager my resume. She then gave me a booklet with a quiz attached and put me into one of the fitting rooms. This is mandatory and they give this to every potential hire. Got a call about 2 days later asking me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at garage?
      Q: Tell me a time you had to deal with a employee you didn't get along with?
      Q: Tell me a time you had to deal with difficult customers? How did you handle it?
      Q: What do you know about our brand and dynamite?
      Q: Strengths and Weaknesses.

etc.