Garda World Security Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garda World Security (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

-Aptitude Test (Written test, asking about Canada and provinces along with government, and patterns/mathematical) -About self, experience It was a very basic interview. They're looking for people who can put in long hours when needed and common sense

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Garda World Security (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Application, phone screen, personal interview, additional back grounding, Senior management interview. Interview was cursory and juvenile, resulted in an offer that was an obvious low ball for the industry. Ended up its negative feelings a went to different direction.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult management situation, your solution and the outcome.   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garda World Security (North York, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was a three step process. Had one with recruiter who presumably weeds out non-qualified applicants if there references don't check out, then 2nd with top level manager of that branch who based on my specific skill set decided that I could fit somewhere else in the company, and the third with the manager overseeing scheduling who gave a better day-to-day analysis of what the job would entail.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work in the private security industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garda World Security (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very rushed sat down with the interviewer for 15 minutes and had a quick chat.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garda World Security (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

I had to do a test when i walked in and then after i passed the test, the HR manager interviewed me.... After that another manager came in to meet with me and went through another interview.

Security Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garda World Security (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is too long, too many interviews

Interview Questions

• Sometimes the questions does not have anything to do with the business   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negociate the salary and overtime

Security Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Garda World Security (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview was a bit basic but the two interviews with HR and their manager was great. Lots of detail questions.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Garda World Security (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

Lots of questions regarding conflict management and if you have certifications in weapons or self-defence. (not necessarily needed to get hired)

Interview Questions

• Situation where you disagreed with your boss and how you dealt with it. Same with co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I believe it was non-negotiable as part of the contract with the client I was going to work for. Worth asking if you can negotiate.