Garda World Security Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.6

Security Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Garda World Security (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview was a bit basic but the two interviews with HR and their manager was great. Lots of detail questions.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Garda World Security (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

I had to do a test when i walked in and then after i passed the test, the HR manager interviewed me.... After that another manager came in to meet with me and went through another interview.

Security Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Garda World Security (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is too long, too many interviews

Interview Questions

• Sometimes the questions does not have anything to do with the business   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negociate the salary and overtime

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Garda World Security (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

Lots of questions regarding conflict management and if you have certifications in weapons or self-defence. (not necessarily needed to get hired)

Interview Questions

• Situation where you disagreed with your boss and how you dealt with it. Same with co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I believe it was non-negotiable as part of the contract with the client I was going to work for. Worth asking if you can negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Garda World Security in March 2014.

Interview

My interview is mixed. I was advised that 5pm would be the latest to work. 5pm was a dream. 6:30-8:30 pm was the norm. The building was dirty, and I should have not taken the job as people's body language suggested otherwise.

Interview Questions

• The mgr wanted me to not give notice to my employer at that time. This should have been a sign as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The manager advised the rate of pay which was more than I was making at the time.

Business Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Garda World Security (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in August 2011.

Interview

The Interviewing process was very long, I interviewed with the VP of finance first, then the CEO and HR Manager was the second round, after that I had a Phone interview with the country manager and the Managing director, finally I had and interview with the managing director alone.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in cost modeling?   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Garda World Security (North York, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was a three step process. Had one with recruiter who presumably weeds out non-qualified applicants if there references don't check out, then 2nd with top level manager of that branch who based on my specific skill set decided that I could fit somewhere else in the company, and the third with the manager overseeing scheduling who gave a better day-to-day analysis of what the job would entail.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work in the private security industry?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Garda World Security (Dedham, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was brought in for a face-to-face interview approximately a week and half later. Was given a tour and was given the opportunity to ask questions. Was told I'd hear back in a week or so. A week later I contacted them to find out my status, and was told I was still under consideration and would find out "very soon". 2 weeks later I still hadn't heard anything and withdrew from consideration. Honestly, if they wanted me, they would've offered it by then, and 2+ weeks isn't "very soon" to me. So it kind of sent up some red flags anyway.

Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Garda World Security (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Good interview...drug screen but I only handle paper and entry numbers. Lady was nice and supervisor asked only like 3 questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing, just told what I'd be paid.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Garda World Security (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

-Aptitude Test (Written test, asking about Canada and provinces along with government, and patterns/mathematical) -About self, experience It was a very basic interview. They're looking for people who can put in long hours when needed and common sense