Garden Ridge Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2014
Updated Aug 10, 2014

1.6

Customer Support Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Garden Ridge in August 2013.

My interview involved me and one other girl. The interviewer basically explained what we would be doing if we got the job. We were not asked questions other than how open our schedules were and how much experience we had prior. In the end we were asked if we had any questions but the interviewer had explained the job very well. It was a simple and quick interview overall.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Garden Ridge in November 2013.

very unprofessional and sour attitude

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Garden Ridge in April 2014.

Applied online and was called 3 weeks later. Went for interview at store. Introduced myself to manager and he looked dumbfounded. He was 1 hour behind for interviews and forgot. Interviewed with assistant, was a joke. He was totally clueless. 1 1/2 week later get phone call from same manager to schedule interview.he forgot I had already interviewed and I did not remind him.Show up for interview and Manager is busy with his boss and does not even acknowledge me. Left 20 minutes later with no interview.

Interview Questions
    • How much retail experience do you have?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Garden Ridge in March 2012.

Interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Garden Ridge in June 2013.

Sent an email with resume and cover letter. Heard back within a few days of applying. I just applied because the store was close by but I did not see an ad or posting. There were other interviews that day.

Interview Questions
    • Just expect to answer details about your work ethic and previous employers.   Answer Question

Front End Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Garden Ridge.

the hiring process want bad mainly they just ask normal interview questions. if they like the way you present yourself and can pass a backround check most likely you will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work here....... Never answer because i need a job so many people do this and guess what they still need a job at the end of the interview   Answer Question
    they only pay a certian rate so dont expect them to budge,

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Garden Ridge.

they are just seeing if you have the ability to work long hard hours with no breaks to move the freight. It is always just up to the DM if he or she likes the way you look and are able to work all the time with no notice of schedule changes.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Garden Ridge in May 2012.

I was called by the district manager to meet the a the store manager at a Plano store. He was stocking merchandise at the time. We went to his office, and he wanted to know why I was leaving my current job. I told him I want a challenge, and he seemed thrilled to hear this bc apparently garden ridge is all about challenges. I could tell that the store was not well staffed and horribly faced. Management doesn't know their sales on a daily basis and customer service is not a priority to them. There is no training program in place. You just get thrown into the job, and you sink or swim. There is a huge lack of organization, and I really don't see the company being around much longer. I was told I was a good fit and should expect a call from the district manager about salary requirements...that was 3 weeks ago lol.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to leave your company and come to garden ridge?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Garden Ridge in January 2010.

Interview was with store manager. He seemed more interested in my availability than in my skills. Even though it was for a part time position. After the interview he told me that unfortunately I did meet all the qualifications but because I could not basically be "on call" then I wouldn't get the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Garden Ridge in June 2008.

it was pretty easy.

There was none.

Worked for Garden Ridge? Contribute to the Community!