Garden Ridge

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Garden Ridge in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called 3 weeks later. Went for interview at store. Introduced myself to manager and he looked dumbfounded. He was 1 hour behind for interviews and forgot. Interviewed with assistant, was a joke. He was totally clueless. 1 1/2 week later get phone call from same manager to schedule interview.he forgot I had already interviewed and I did not remind him.Show up for interview and Manager is busy with his boss and does not even acknowledge me. Left 20 minutes later with no interview.

Interview Question – How much retail experience do you have?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Garden Ridge in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview

Interview Question – Why do you think your most fit for this job   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Garden Ridge in June 2013.

Interview Details – Sent an email with resume and cover letter. Heard back within a few days of applying. I just applied because the store was close by but I did not see an ad or posting. There were other interviews that day.

Interview Question – Just expect to answer details about your work ethic and previous employers.   Answer Question

Front End Manager Interview

Front End Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Garden Ridge.

Interview Details – the hiring process want bad mainly they just ask normal interview questions. if they like the way you present yourself and can pass a backround check most likely you will be hired.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here....... Never answer because i need a job so many people do this and guess what they still need a job at the end of the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they only pay a certian rate so dont expect them to budge,

General Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Garden Ridge.

Interview Details – they are just seeing if you have the ability to work long hard hours with no breaks to move the freight. It is always just up to the DM if he or she likes the way you look and are able to work all the time with no notice of schedule changes.

Interview Question – All the questions are standard, none unexpected   Answer Question

Co-manager Interview

Plano, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Garden Ridge in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was called by the district manager to meet the a the store manager at a Plano store. He was stocking merchandise at the time. We went to his office, and he wanted to know why I was leaving my current job. I told him I want a challenge, and he seemed thrilled to hear this bc apparently garden ridge is all about challenges. I could tell that the store was not well staffed and horribly faced. Management doesn't know their sales on a daily basis and customer service is not a priority to them. There is no training program in place. You just get thrown into the job, and you sink or swim. There is a huge lack of organization, and I really don't see the company being around much longer. I was told I was a good fit and should expect a call from the district manager about salary requirements...that was 3 weeks ago lol.

Interview Question – What makes you want to leave your company and come to garden ridge?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Garden Ridge in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was with store manager. He seemed more interested in my availability than in my skills. Even though it was for a part time position. After the interview he told me that unfortunately I did meet all the qualifications but because I could not basically be "on call" then I wouldn't get the job.

Interview Question – What is your availability ?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Sugar Land, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Garden Ridge in June 2008.

Interview Details – it was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Garden Ridge in August 2011.

Interview Details – Was called in by the hiring manager meet with a different manager went over basic interview questions ( STAR method) about a week later got a call back with a job offer

Interview Question – What do you expect out of a manager   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Garden Ridge in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for a location that was not open yet and recieved a call 2 days later for an interview. The interview was very easy. It consisted of a 1:1 with a manager whome was very nice and easy to talk to. An overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Garden Ridge

Worked for Garden Ridge? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garden Ridge interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Garden Ridge employees and interview candidates.