Garmin Interview Questions in Olathe, KS

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was handled professionally and with great proficiency. Non of the questions were an effort at eluding or suprising you. Know basics of c, and information about embedded systems as well as microprocessors. The first interview is an attempt to become familiar with you over the phone, while the second is an on site interview that is more technically rigorous. Again, know your c languages and you should do relatively well.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

Got a call after applying. I mentioned my expectation salary and sponsorship for immigration status while submitting the application. I got a call from HR and we discussed everything before the onsite interview. Since they agreed with my requirements if I qualify the interview, i accepted the onsite interview request of Garmin. The interview went good, I thought I would get the offer as they asked me for references. Here's the issue with Garmin: they said I got through the technical interview, but due to approval process, they didn't offer me a job for 2 main reason 1. salary, which they didn't give me an offer nor I negotiated. 2. Sponsorship. they based the decision on the two things which I specified earlier in my application, which essentially has to be checked before giving me an interview call. A suggestion for you guys out of my experience if you are in Kansas or thinking to be in Kansas city. Helath care industry company is a great company, my present employer, they pay you good than Garmin. If you think you are good at technical stuff apply for Health care company-(you now it), instead applying for Garmin.

Interview Questions

• HR questions were simple 1. Why are you looking for a new job? 2. What's in the company that inspires you to work for Technical 1. Questions from my previous project code repositories (primary key, Unique constraint, is it needed. best practices while making DB connection calls) 2. Java Pass by value example question   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

This was a phone Interview about work history, job preferences, and behaivor questions. The recruiter asked the normal screening questions about employment and citizenship. Then she asked more about me and what my expectations and goals were. Then she asked about my experiences in supply chain and a problem I encountered in my job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment do you prefer?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a supply chain management project that you haved worked on?   1 Answer

Cartography Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

First interview was done over the phone, and they asked basic questions about background and interests. Second interview done in Olathe. The second interview involved a three part process the first part was observing someone holding the position you are applying for and getting a idea of daily operations. The second part involved demonstrating what you learned that day, while the last part was the actual interview the the department head.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS).

Interview

Let me first say that getting hired on at Garmin happens by complete luck. Their application/interview process is horrible, rude and unprofessional. I originally applied for other positions within the company but was rejected in all cases. Eventually i applied as a replenishment associate because I had 10+ years experience in all fields they were interested in. The interview process consisted of a phone interview where behavioral questions are the norm. If you pass this screening you get an onsite interview that typically involves meeting with the HR recruiter. If the recruiter likes you then you'll meet with the hiring manager. If you don't meet or exceed all of their expected AND desired qualifications don't even bother applying. You'll get an informal generic rejection letter via email a few days after applying. Even if they fly you out for an interview....if they go in a different direction you'll get the same bland generic auto generated rejection email from their HR department. No explanation, no nothing. In my opinion this is horribly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Garmin is very take it or leave it. They don't negotiate.

Mechanical Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS).

Interview

application->phone Interview-> on-site interview+tour Here are some questions asked during on-site interview -Introduce yourself -Have you used any Garmin products -What do you like about Garmin -What motivates you at work -Strength and weakness -Teamwork experience All three interviewers were taking notes either on papers or laptops.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

First talked to an HR person, mostly about my previous technical experience/projects from school, work, or internships. I was invited to an on-site interview where two hiring managers conducted the interview. The interview was mostly (95%) technical. It consisted of about 45 minutes of problem solving (like in a test). The problems were mostly circuits and electronics based (know your op-amps and filters). They wanted to make sure I know my basics and the way I think and solve problems. After the "test" there was some time for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Question involving digital to analog design.   1 Answer

Offer was good and Garmin is an amazing company, but I have decided to accept another offer. Very hard decision.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

Previously had a recommendation from a former intern to check the company out at one of their on-campus events, and specifically who to talk to. At the event, I spoke with a rep and we talked about some past work specific to hardware design. The first technical interview was scheduled the next day. It involved some more in depth conversation about relevant work and working through some simple electronic circuits - op amp, MOSFETs, diodes, filters...wasn't 100% on everything but the idea was to demonstrate the problem solving process. On site interview was 2 weeks later. After an HR interview, I spoke with some managers where we did a similar interview as before, including some more circuit worksheets. Afterwards, there was a campus tour.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview was challenging but not unexpected.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on line to an ad posted on Carrerbuilder. Com. It took about 3 months. Had basically three interviews. One phone, one on-site with HR and the production manager. Also had a meeting with the production supervisors. A pretty extensive interview process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is one of your strengths?   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in July 2014.

Interview

I didn't hear from Garmin about their interest in me until about a month and a half after I applied. After that I had a phone interview which was 30 min and very relaxed, the interviewer asked about my resume and a time I had to walk a customer through a trouble shooting experience. That was Thursday, I didn't get a call to set up an in person interview until the next Monday. The on-site interview hour and a half long with three different people, two managers and an HR rep, after that they had me tour the facilities and then sit in on a few calls with one of their employees.

Interview Questions

• How are you technically minded? Where do see yourself in 5 years? Talk about an experience where you walked the customer through a technical experience. What do you do when the customer holds a very hostile attitude towards you?   Answer Question