Garmin Interview Questions in Olathe, KS

2.8

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Garmin.

Let me first say that getting hired on at Garmin happens by complete luck. Their application/interview process is horrible, rude and unprofessional.

I originally applied for other positions within the company but was rejected in all cases. Eventually i applied as a replenishment associate because I had 10+ years experience in all fields they were interested in. The interview process consisted of a phone interview where behavioral questions are the norm. If you pass this screening you get an onsite interview that typically involves meeting with the HR recruiter. If the recruiter likes you then you'll meet with the hiring manager.

If you don't meet or exceed all of their expected AND desired qualifications don't even bother applying. You'll get an informal generic rejection letter via email a few days after applying. Even if they fly you out for an interview....if they go in a different direction you'll get the same bland generic auto generated rejection email from their HR department. No explanation, no nothing. In my opinion this is horribly unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Garmin is very take it or leave it. They don't negotiate.

Mechanical Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Garmin.

application->phone Interview-> on-site interview+tour

Here are some questions asked during on-site interview

-Introduce yourself
    -Have you used any Garmin products
    -What do you like about Garmin
    -What motivates you at work
    -Strength and weakness
    -Teamwork experience

All three interviewers were taking notes either on papers or laptops.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Garmin in October 2014.

Previously had a recommendation from a former intern to check the company out at one of their on-campus events, and specifically who to talk to. At the event, I spoke with a rep and we talked about some past work specific to hardware design. The first technical interview was scheduled the next day. It involved some more in depth conversation about relevant work and working through some simple electronic circuits - op amp, MOSFETs, diodes, filters...wasn't 100% on everything but the idea was to demonstrate the problem solving process.

On site interview was 2 weeks later. After an HR interview, I spoke with some managers where we did a similar interview as before, including some more circuit worksheets. Afterwards, there was a campus tour.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview was challenging but not unexpected.   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Garmin in July 2014.

I didn't hear from Garmin about their interest in me until about a month and a half after I applied. After that I had a phone interview which was 30 min and very relaxed, the interviewer asked about my resume and a time I had to walk a customer through a trouble shooting experience. That was Thursday, I didn't get a call to set up an in person interview until the next Monday. The on-site interview hour and a half long with three different people, two managers and an HR rep, after that they had me tour the facilities and then sit in on a few calls with one of their employees.

Interview Questions
    • How are you technically minded?
      Where do see yourself in 5 years?
      Talk about an experience where you walked the customer through a technical experience.
      What do you do when the customer holds a very hostile attitude towards you?
        Answer Question

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Garmin in June 2014.

I was contacted by HR about three weeks after I applied for the job. We set up the HR interview for the following week. The time came and past. Three hours after it was supposed to happen, I emailed HR to ask if I misunderstood the time of the meeting. They told me the interview did not populate on their calendar and asked to set up another conversation. After, what I thought, a successful basic HR phone interview, I was told I would receive an email the following week informing me wether I made it to the next phase or not. It has been 6 weeks, three email followups and two voicemail inquiries--nothing.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was just a guided tour of what was on my resume. Nothing outrageous or alarming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Garmin in October 2013.

Talked to a recruiter at the University career fair. Then had a phone interview mainly focused on my resume and past projects. From there I was brought onsite for two technical interviews with their engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate a moving average that considers the last N values. Then discuss handle incoming data. Consider time and memory complexity.   View Answer

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Garmin in July 2013.

Good hiring process, included peer interviews and hiring manager interviews

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you'll be professionally in 5 years?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Director of Recruitment and Retention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Garmin.

Very professional and timely. Initial phone screen, follow up conversation, face to face at corporate HR - all arrangement made and either direct billed or reimbursed. Detailed interview schedule shared. Very nice and again professional. Was told to expect feedback and updates in 2 weeks as of May 5 it will be 8 weeks and not a peep.

Design Certification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Garmin.

Standard Procedure- a phone interview with HR recruiter followed by an on-site interview.On site interview was purely technical which asked basic questions of electrical engineering(combinational logic,op-amps and rlc circuits).I was also asked to explain a project I am working on in as much detail as possible.

Interview Questions
    • The HR person asked me to explain technical aspects of the project I was working on.She was trying to write everything I said instead of understanding what I am trying to say.This made conveying information to her a bit challenging   Answer Question

Aviation Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Garmin in March 2013.

Standard process, started with HR phone interview then a technical phone interview with manager of aviation department. After that they flew me out for a site visit and interview with two aviation managers. In person interview went well with standard personality questions during first half and then several snippets of C code being shown to me on paper and I was asked to explain what one did and to optomize and clean up the other. Both managers were very nice and professional during the interview as well as everyone else I encountered during the visit to Garmin. I was also asked to bring a printed example of some of my previous code but never had to use it or explain it during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions surprised me during the first HR interview because I was only expecting easy behavioral or educational type questions so be prepared for some technical stuff like function overloading, overriding and mutex/semaphore explanations.   Answer Question