Garmin Interview Questions in Olathe, KS

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Garmin in February 2015.

The interview process was handled professionally and with great proficiency. Non of the questions were an effort at eluding or suprising you. Know basics of c, and information about embedded systems as well as microprocessors. The first interview is an attempt to become familiar with you over the phone, while the second is an on site interview that is more technically rigorous. Again, know your c languages and you should do relatively well.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Garmin in February 2015.

This was a phone Interview about work history, job preferences, and behaivor questions. The recruiter asked the normal screening questions about employment and citizenship. Then she asked more about me and what my expectations and goals were. Then she asked about my experiences in supply chain and a problem I encountered in my job.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of work environment do you prefer?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a supply chain management project that you haved worked on?   View Answer

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Garmin.

Let me first say that getting hired on at Garmin happens by complete luck. Their application/interview process is horrible, rude and unprofessional.

I originally applied for other positions within the company but was rejected in all cases. Eventually i applied as a replenishment associate because I had 10+ years experience in all fields they were interested in. The interview process consisted of a phone interview where behavioral questions are the norm. If you pass this screening you get an onsite interview that typically involves meeting with the HR recruiter. If the recruiter likes you then you'll meet with the hiring manager.

If you don't meet or exceed all of their expected AND desired qualifications don't even bother applying. You'll get an informal generic rejection letter via email a few days after applying. Even if they fly you out for an interview....if they go in a different direction you'll get the same bland generic auto generated rejection email from their HR department. No explanation, no nothing. In my opinion this is horribly unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Garmin is very take it or leave it. They don't negotiate.

Mechanical Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Garmin.

application->phone Interview-> on-site interview+tour

Here are some questions asked during on-site interview

-Introduce yourself
    -Have you used any Garmin products
    -What do you like about Garmin
    -What motivates you at work
    -Strength and weakness
    -Teamwork experience

All three interviewers were taking notes either on papers or laptops.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Garmin in October 2014.

Previously had a recommendation from a former intern to check the company out at one of their on-campus events, and specifically who to talk to. At the event, I spoke with a rep and we talked about some past work specific to hardware design. The first technical interview was scheduled the next day. It involved some more in depth conversation about relevant work and working through some simple electronic circuits - op amp, MOSFETs, diodes, filters...wasn't 100% on everything but the idea was to demonstrate the problem solving process.

On site interview was 2 weeks later. After an HR interview, I spoke with some managers where we did a similar interview as before, including some more circuit worksheets. Afterwards, there was a campus tour.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview was challenging but not unexpected.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Garmin in October 2014.

Applied on line to an ad posted on Carrerbuilder. Com. It took about 3 months. Had basically three interviews. One phone, one on-site with HR and the production manager. Also had a meeting with the production supervisors. A pretty extensive interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is one of your strengths?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Garmin in October 2014.

First talked to an HR person, mostly about my previous technical experience/projects from school, work, or internships. I was invited to an on-site interview where two hiring managers conducted the interview. The interview was mostly (95%) technical. It consisted of about 45 minutes of problem solving (like in a test). The problems were mostly circuits and electronics based (know your op-amps and filters). They wanted to make sure I know my basics and the way I think and solve problems. After the "test" there was some time for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Question involving digital to analog design.   View Answer

Offer was good and Garmin is an amazing company, but I have decided to accept another offer. Very hard decision.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Garmin in July 2014.

I didn't hear from Garmin about their interest in me until about a month and a half after I applied. After that I had a phone interview which was 30 min and very relaxed, the interviewer asked about my resume and a time I had to walk a customer through a trouble shooting experience. That was Thursday, I didn't get a call to set up an in person interview until the next Monday. The on-site interview hour and a half long with three different people, two managers and an HR rep, after that they had me tour the facilities and then sit in on a few calls with one of their employees.

Interview Questions
    • How are you technically minded?
      Where do see yourself in 5 years?
      Talk about an experience where you walked the customer through a technical experience.
      What do you do when the customer holds a very hostile attitude towards you?

Answer Question

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Garmin in June 2014.

I was contacted by HR about three weeks after I applied for the job. We set up the HR interview for the following week. The time came and past. Three hours after it was supposed to happen, I emailed HR to ask if I misunderstood the time of the meeting. They told me the interview did not populate on their calendar and asked to set up another conversation. After, what I thought, a successful basic HR phone interview, I was told I would receive an email the following week informing me wether I made it to the next phase or not. It has been 6 weeks, three email followups and two voicemail inquiries--nothing.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was just a guided tour of what was on my resume. Nothing outrageous or alarming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Garmin in November 2013.

Very profession, although the interview was excessively technical. You can judge a person's expertie and abilities with much fewer techincal questions. I would prefer a shorter interview with all divisions of the company rather than 4 interviews that all resembled one another.

Interview Questions
    • How would you aggregate a set of data while discarding outliers?   Answer Question
    Accommodating and they acted as though they needed me in the company.