Garmin

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Garmin.

Interview Details – The initial hiring process was very quick and straight to the point. The questions that were asked were behavioral: Why are you looking to change companies? What programming languages do you have experience with?

Interview Question – During the in person interview I was asked a low level programming question. Write a program to parse a 32 bit number and show LSB and MSB?   View Answer

Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Garmin in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted a few weeks later by HR for initial screen. Scheduled for an on-site interview a few weeks after that. On-site interview was very short (2 hours total) compared to my previous experience interviewing at tech companies. Apparently they are expanding in NC and had lots of interviews stacked up.

Interview Question – Something about writing code to print the third-to-last item in a linked list. Really simple, CS101 type stuff in most cases, but you have to know pointers and data structures.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was too low relative to my current pay/benefits, and they wouldn't negotiate more than a token amount.

Olathe, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Garmin in November 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted by recruiters through LinkedIn, as they were coming to my area for a career fair. i met with a line manager and the HR recruiter. Questions were either non-technical or very light about my experience on the resume. i then was flown to Olathe for an onsite interview. about an hour with HR for situational/personality questions. Then i had a 2 hour interview with "team leads". i brought a code sample, as requested, and I reviewed it with them. I asked lots of questions and got a good insight into the workings of the company. I then got lunch at the nice cafeteria and then a tour of the facility by another Software Manager. I got an email a day later saying i was grand and an offer a few days later via email.

Interview Question – nothing stands out   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Relocation to Kansas was not ideal and the the reduced salary of the offer made the decision easier. Cost of living adjustment for Kansas was not accurate, in my opinion.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Garmin in September 2008.

Interview Details – Pleasant HR and interviewers. Overall failry stress free.

Interview Question – Requiring proof of GPA   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Garmin

Worked for Garmin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garmin Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Garmin employees and interview candidates.