Garmin Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Garmin (Chandler, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Screening interview from the recruiter followed by an in-person panel interview, facility tour, and quick 1-on-1 with HR. In this case, they were interviewing several candidates during the day so we bumped into each other at the transition points.

Interview Questions

• They showed you some sample code and asked you to explain how it works.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Garmin

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Garmin (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

The initial hiring process was very quick and straight to the point. The questions that were asked were behavioral: Why are you looking to change companies? What programming languages do you have experience with?

Interview Questions

• During the in person interview I was asked a low level programming question. Write a program to parse a 32 bit number and show LSB and MSB?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Garmin (Cary, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted a few weeks later by HR for initial screen. Scheduled for an on-site interview a few weeks after that. On-site interview was very short (2 hours total) compared to my previous experience interviewing at tech companies. Apparently they are expanding in NC and had lots of interviews stacked up.

Interview Questions

• Something about writing code to print the third-to-last item in a linked list. Really simple, CS101 type stuff in most cases, but you have to know pointers and data structures.   Answer Question

Offer was too low relative to my current pay/benefits, and they wouldn't negotiate more than a token amount.

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in November 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiters through LinkedIn, as they were coming to my area for a career fair. i met with a line manager and the HR recruiter. Questions were either non-technical or very light about my experience on the resume. i then was flown to Olathe for an onsite interview. about an hour with HR for situational/personality questions. Then i had a 2 hour interview with "team leads". i brought a code sample, as requested, and I reviewed it with them. I asked lots of questions and got a good insight into the workings of the company. I then got lunch at the nice cafeteria and then a tour of the facility by another Software Manager. I got an email a day later saying i was grand and an offer a few days later via email.

Interview Questions

Relocation to Kansas was not ideal and the the reduced salary of the offer made the decision easier. Cost of living adjustment for Kansas was not accurate, in my opinion.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Garmin in September 2008.

Interview

Pleasant HR and interviewers. Overall failry stress free.