Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Garmin
- Software Engineer (54)
- Software Engineer I (11)
- Software Engineer Intern (10)
- Product Support Specialist (8)
- Design Engineer (6)
- Senior Software Engineer (5)
- Embedded Test Software Engineer (4)
- Software Developer (3)
- Cartography Tech (3)
- Intern (3)
- Software Engineer II (3)
- Operations (3)
- Applications Engineer (2)
- Software Engineering (2)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Mechanical Engineer (2)
- Internet Applications Developer (2)
- Software Engineering Intern (2)
- Electrical Engineer Intern (1)
- Software Development (1)
- Design Engineer Intern (1)
- Database Administrator (1)
- Production Supervisor (1)
- Business Development Manager (1)
- Systems Administrator (1)
- Aircraft Systems Engineer (1)
- Aviation Systems/Software Engineer (1)
- Design Certification Engineer (1)
- Embedded Linux Software Engineer (1)
Senior Software Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Garmin (Chandler, AZ) in December 2014.
Screening interview from the recruiter followed by an in-person panel interview, facility tour, and quick 1-on-1 with HR. In this case, they were interviewing several candidates during the day so we bumped into each other at the transition points.
- They showed you some sample code and asked you to explain how it works. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Garmin
Senior Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Garmin (Chandler, AZ).
The initial hiring process was very quick and straight to the point. The questions that were asked were behavioral: Why are you looking to change companies? What programming languages do you have experience with?
- During the in person interview I was asked a low level programming question. Write a program to parse a 32 bit number and show LSB and MSB? 1 Answer
Senior Software Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferAverage InterviewDeclined OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks – interviewed at Garmin (Cary, NC) in December 2012.
Applied online. Contacted a few weeks later by HR for initial screen. Scheduled for an on-site interview a few weeks after that. On-site interview was very short (2 hours total) compared to my previous experience interviewing at tech companies. Apparently they are expanding in NC and had lots of interviews stacked up.
- Something about writing code to print the third-to-last item in a linked list. Really simple, CS101 type stuff in most cases, but you have to know pointers and data structures. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Offer was too low relative to my current pay/benefits, and they wouldn't negotiate more than a token amount.
Senior Software Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Garmin (Olathe, KS) in November 2008.
I was contacted by recruiters through LinkedIn, as they were coming to my area for a career fair. i met with a line manager and the HR recruiter. Questions were either non-technical or very light about my experience on the resume. i then was flown to Olathe for an onsite interview. about an hour with HR for situational/personality questions. Then i had a 2 hour interview with "team leads". i brought a code sample, as requested, and I reviewed it with them. I asked lots of questions and got a good insight into the workings of the company. I then got lunch at the nice cafeteria and then a tour of the facility by another Software Manager. I got an email a day later saying i was grand and an offer a few days later via email.
- nothing stands out 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Relocation to Kansas was not ideal and the the reduced salary of the offer made the decision easier. Cost of living adjustment for Kansas was not accurate, in my opinion.
Senior Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Garmin in September 2008.
Pleasant HR and interviewers. Overall failry stress free.
- Requiring proof of GPA Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review