Garmin Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas, AL
Anonymous Employee in Kansas, AL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Garmin in May 2009.

first phone, then on site, three round, technical Q

Interview Questions
  • what's your favorite working environment   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Garmin

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Garmin in March 2009.

Group interview with technical leads asking various medium difficulty questions for the first interview. Then was invited back for a second interview, this consisted of a panel interview with the development managers. These were more personality based questions regarding how you would react in certain situations type questions.

Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Garmin in August 2008.

The questions mainly focused on C/C++ Programing and the projects at an previous internship.

offer declined

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Garmin in March 2009.

First round was telephonic interview which was mostly based on questions on resume related stuffs and lot of Non-technical questions. e.g. Conflict management with supervisor, team members, why you have opted Computer/IT for Post Graduation etc?

Interview Questions
    • what would you like to change in your career if you are given power to do so?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Garmin in September 2012.

I gave my resume to some Garmin associates at a career fair at my university, and later that night I received a phone call to set up an on campus interview. The interview consisted of two 30 minute sessions, first with a software engineer and then with someone from human resources. The software engineer went over my resume and asked general questions for the majority and then gave me a piece of code to look at towards the end. The human resources part consisted of general interview questions; nothing rigorous. About a week later I received a phone call with a internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to look at some C code and describe what it did. Then, I was asked to describe three ways in which the code could be improved.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Randomly contacted by phone after a recruiter found my resume in a jobs database. 2 interviews, both by phone. One with the recruiter as a pre screen, then one with 2 engineers in the office. Everyone was very nice.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Garmin.

Submitted my resume through their website. A few weeks later I was called to schedule a behavioral and very light technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • 95% behavioral with only a few technical questions. What is a mutex?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Garmin in April 2012.

Applied online, then phone interview and an onsite call. Met with 3 different groups basics of C, pointers, binary tree, compression algorithm, routing. Did not perform well. In a week received reject mail.

Interview Questions
    • function overloading, overriding, binary tree coding, multithreading, semaphore, mutex, pointers, double pointers, compression logic   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Garmin in November 2009.

It is a very standard interview, questions were based on
    1. previous experience and skill sets required on the job
    2. few basic data structure based questions
    3. Had a panel of three technical interviewers and a HR interview.

Technical Interview is a cake walk, if you would have prepared for it. Basic interview questions as would be asked on any embedded software interview. Like what is stack, heap, volatile / static variables, DMA and few questions on the hardware debuggers. They would ask for you bring a software program and explain it.

HR interview seemed to be an important one. Looking for service mentality. The challenges faced in your work environment and how you handle it.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to count the number of ones in a byte in the fastest manner.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Garmin in April 2011.

Interviewed with HR representative in February over the phone, just a behavioral interview. Was told that the hiring manager would be contacting me in a week. Four weeks and 4 emails later, I was finally contacted. A couple of days later I was given a technical interview, and again was told I would hear something within a week or two. Another 4 weeks, 4 emails, and a phone call later, the HR rep finally emailed me to tell me that I was not accepted. Aside from the timing issues, everyone that I dealt with was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Does Java support multiple inheritance? Is there a way to simulate this?   View Answer