Gartner

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Myers, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – There are 4 stages to this interview process as listed below:
1. Get contacted by a recruiter/apply to the position
2. Interview with a Sr. Recruiter
3. Interview w/ 2 Area Managers
4. On site Interview

Overall, this was a very mentally draining process, but if you get an offer you know you earned it. These interviews are made for you to be quick on your feet and be able to answer unexpected questions. If you have experience selling to C-levels, or B2B you should be fine. Just be yourself and like others posted, BE CURIOUS. They want you to ask a lot of questions as that is how you will be successful in the position.

Interview Question – Who is your mentor and what would they say your biggest weakness is?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Fort Myers, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very good experience to put to the test everything you have invested your time in perfecting. Although rigorous, this company is looking for a certain candidate that can relate to the culture they incorporate into the company. Expect to be on your feet the whole time, follow a time frame, and prove you are the best at what you're capable of.

Interview Question – Why should we give you the job?   Answer Question

Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gartner in May 2014.

Interview Details – As mentioned by other applicants, the interview process at Gartner is rigorous. The entire process can take as little as two weeks; however, t is totally subjective.

I will save you a lot of time and reading; here are the key things you need to do to get a job at Gartner:

-Be Yourself
-Be Confident
-Be Flexible

Gartner is looking for a certain skill set; if you don't have it, certainly don't try to fake it (they will find you out during the interview process).

This is a sales job, so the ideal candidate would be proficient in the sales process (from open to close). You should be self motivated, intelligent, articulate, and a people person. In addition, you should demonstrate a high level of executive presence, you will be dealing with C- Level executives. Above all else, you need to be CURIOUS.

If you are the sort of person I just described; this may be a great place for you.

Good luck!

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in July 2013.

Interview Details – Rigorous interview process. Two phone interviews with two HR recruiters then a phone discussion with the hiring manager. It was a typical questions about previous experience, then off the wall personality questions that have nothing to do with getting to know the applicant. I found myself answering the same introduction questions in triplicate. What I really liked was the HR recruiters gave you detailed feedback on your answers so they can coach you to the next step. Best advice, content in your answers, don't talk too much, and move on.

Interview Question – They firmly used behavioral-based STAR platform (Situation, Task, Action, and Result) on a certain challenge you have faced on overcome.   View Answer

Fort Myers, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – The interview process was very elaborate and detailed. The questions were tough and precise. I felt like they truly wanted the best representatives for their company and believe that they will pick and choose the elite.

Interview Question – They asked me to explain one of my most difficult moments as a sales rep, and how it impacted each individual involved. They dug into a few things that I learned, and wanted to know how I had helped others grow from similar experiences.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Gartner

Interview Details – 4 interviews. 2 with recruiter, 2 with upper management. Role play during the last 2. Tough interview process, but rewarding if you can get through it. Most of the questions are trait based, they just want to find out what drives you personally and make sure you are the right fit for the company.

Interview Question – What gets you out of bed in the morning?   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone interviews, then went into the Boston office for a one-on-one session with a current Account Manager SMB, followed by a panel presentation and ending with a mock sales call. I had an incredible experience interviewing with Gartner. Every person I spoke/interacted with was extremely professional. I truly believe that the negative reviews simply come from those who were not offered positions. I did not have one bad experience with Gartner. I just wished I had been offered a position in the city I interviewed in.

Interview Question – What would your mentor say are some things you need to work on as a professional?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered a position in the city that I did not desire to be in.

Naples, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – 4 phone and Panel interview. Panel is the hardest. Ask a ton of questions in all the phone and especially during panel. They are looking for people that ask tons of relevant questions that will lead to opportunities.

Interview Question – During Panel Interview, they asked me to get on the white board and explain to them how Gartner helps their customers.   Answer Question

Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this position through a listing on Indeed.com. There were many different openings across the company and the recruiters to whom I spoke explained that Gartner was hiring aggressively for the Account Manager SMB role. I ended up participating in four stages since I was also a candidate for a similar position, which I ruled out during the second stage when I expressed stronger interest in the Account Manager description. If your only bid is for this job, then you'll encounter three stages. The first is a one-on-one call with a recruiter during which you introduce your background and interest in the company. You'll receive relatively simple questions about what drives you to succeed in life and why you would be a good fit for the job. Be prepared to elaborate on a weakness or give an example of a time when something in life had gone awry and you were responsible for rectifying the conflict. Of course, prepare a handful of meaningful questions for the recruiter that demonstrate a genuine interest in the company and a solid grasp on what it does. This call is initiated by the recruiter. The second stage has you dial into a conference call with an 800 number and code. This time you speak with two interviewers. The questions will be similar, but they will dig for more specificity in your responses and try to tie them to practical tasks you will face if granted employment. The last part of the call involves a role play scenario. The managers create a hypothetical situation based on your past experiences (so that you can respond adequately) and one acts as a client of yours in the situation designed to parallel the nature of one you might expect as an Account Manager. You will be evaluated on your phone presence and critical thinking skills, but most importantly they want to see if you ask appropriately open-ended questions that encourage the client to brief you on the relevant details of his/her situation with ease. The key is being curious and engaging active listening skills, more so than trying to craft a robust solution on the spot. I was prompted to write an email review of my performance to a recruiter that demonstrates competent written skills. The third phase is a trip to the Fort Myers complex. Your travel arrangements and food expenses are covered by Gartner. The final stage is broken into four segments: First you interview a current Account Manager SMB with any questions you may have to round out your understanding of the job and gain insight into his/her experience thus far. You're then asked to outline what you've learned about Gartner on a whiteboard, the content of which you will present to an Area Manager and someone from the position below. The second stage has you explain your outline to the aforementioned individuals. For the third round, you will have prepared a short slideshow that answers a set of four questions provided to you well in advance. You'll give a presentation about yourself with the slides as an aid and field questions from the interviewers during. You might find these questions more challenging than those asked during the phone stages, but they have similar roots since everyone has a similar knowledge aim. For the fourth and final stage, the interviewers move to a different room and allow you about 10 minutes to prepare for a mock sales call. This call is identical to the previous in structure, but the topic is one you would conceivably handle if employed by Gartner. You're not expected to be an expert on Gartner's services or the area of concern brought on by the interviewer. Again, the key is asking the right questions to obtain sufficient information that can be escalated to the analysts. This concludes the interview process. You'll receive a decision within five business days by phone. Good luck.

Interview Question – The set up for this question was for me to give an example of someone who serves as a mentor. Then, the Area Manager asked what the mentor would most likely admit is my biggest weakness if asked.   View Answer

Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – The process took an awful long time. Phone calls and more phone calls and then a face to face.

Interview Question – What gets you up in the morning?   Answer Question

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!