Gartner

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

First Level Editor Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in February 2011.

Interview Details – I first received a call from Sydney office HR asking me if I would be interested to work for Gartner. After talking to me for a few minutes and learning about my job profile in previous organization, she seemed pleased. She then asked me to come to Mumbai office for a skills test and then a one-to-one interview with the process manager. The skills test was easy for me being doing the same thing for more than two and half years. The process manager sent scanned copy of my test to a senior editor in the U.S. office, who reverted in 20 minutes with a positive reply. Then the process manager from Mumbai took my interview, which lasted for 30 minutes. She probed me about my editing experience and asked certain situation-based questions. Later in the day I heard from the Sydney HR informing the process manager liked me and so I will be now eligible for the last round of scanning. I was given a toll free number of the U.S. and asked to call at a specified time. I was about to be interviewed by the Publishing Manager from the U.S. I called on the given date and time and the lady spoke again for 30 minutes. The questions were almost similar to what the Indian manager had asked me. The next day I was told by HR that I am selected. Then followed the referral checks. Once that was through, then the formalities of offer letter and such things. The entire process was over in just above two weeks.

Interview Question – Do you know macros (macro are basically programs to perform certain steps in MS office).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I thankfully didn't have to negotiate as the salary offered to me was enough to make me a happy camper.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Gartner

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!

Gartner Videos

Gartner – Why Work for Us?

Your Thinking Matters Make Your Voice Heard At Gartner, what you say matters — not just to us, but to our 60,000 clients worldwide. Together, our associates deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gartner First Level Editor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Gartner employees and interview candidates.