Gartner Inside Sales Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.6

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Interview

They started the interview process with a call and everything seemed to go well. After doing that they said they would schedule another round, but I never heard back from them. i contacted the recruiter as well as emailed the people who interviewed me. Nothing. They just seemed to wait for me to go away as opposed to letting me know they have moved on.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Long, repeat phone calls with different people, then finally after 4-5 calls an in person interview that is also a role play that was poorly planned, badly executed and had conflicting instructions. Having a contrived situation that is not real is not the way to evaluate a senior level sales executive, this is for kids.

Interview Questions

• The role play was contrived, it was confusing since the instructions were contradictory   1 Answer

Not enough money, strange culture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Screened by some twit from HR in Stamford. Screened by another twit from HR in Fort Myers. One interview with the sales manager. Second interview with a management team. Third interview for a mock presentation to that management team. I was given the impression that sales management was not able to make a decision for fear that they would make a bad hire because they didn't know individually how to conduct a proper interview. I felt like I was asked the same questions over and over by different people in different interviews because no one involved was communicating during the process. I thought maybe this was an interview tactic on their part - then I realized it was just because they didn't have a solid process at the time

Interview Questions

• What's your sales process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was my first job out of college so I did not negotiate very much. I took the standard offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Tough, hard, long!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ZERO Negotiations, they offer and that's it. Regardless of background, work experience, school everyone who starts get's the same salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

Gartner hires based on traits. Competitive, sense of purpose, motivated... You'll speak to a couple of recruiters that will identify what role you might be best suited for. After they identify you would be good fit for the AE role you move on to a manager interview. Typically two managers. After which you could be required to write a follow up email with what you learned so far in the hiring process, the company, etc... After this there is a panel interview in which you will present about YOU. WHY YOU. WHY You now format. And you will also do a role play. It helps if you have an internal reference to submit your resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't really negotiate.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

long process with multiple classic questions. They asked me to come many time to meet different people in the company. Sometime asking very general question like how would you act if... And many questions regarding your past experience, what if...how would you react? I was rejected for an answer I gave. Probably not what they expected. My guess is I had a cold interview with one of the manager.