Gartner Interview Questions & Reviews

3.5

Leadership Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in July 2014.

My interview with Gartner followed the format others have already outlined, so I won't bore you with the details - the process involved several telephone interviews with HR reps, people in the role, and hiring managers, followed by an in-person panel interview with the VP over the department, the hiring manager, and another manager. The panel interview required that I prepare and deliver a 20-minute presentation on myself, Gartner, the role, and why I should be chosen. I put a lot of work into it, and it was plain that the panel could tell I took it seriously.

Overall, this was the most intensive process I've gone through, and I brought a lot away from it. At every step, the interviewers provide you with feedback, and my impression was that the subsequent interviewer would compare notes to see how 'coachable' you are. They seem much more concerned with your personality and native talent than with your accomplishments or credentials, although those are still a factor.

Interview Questions
    • No single question stood out as particularly difficult or unexpected; the process itself was the difficult part. Otherwise, the interviewers seemed more interested in *how* I answered questions than in what I actually said.   Answer Question

I declined for two reasons - first, the HR rep would not send a written offer without my verbal confirmation, but also did not acknowledge my written request for some additional details regarding the compensation package and questions brought up but not resolved during the final interview, and second, because the amount offered was not enough to justify relocating across the country.

Account Manager SMB Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gartner in May 2013.

Initially submitted my resume through a friend who was employed there. Got through 3 rounds of phone interviews before being invited to Fort Meyers for the final interview. Interviews involved sales call role-play. Building was very nice. People were friendly. Liked to atmosphere and culture. Left interview very confident, didn't end up receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The role play was the most challenging aspect to the interviews.   Answer Question

Gartner Field Sales Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Gartner.

Honest but can be brutal. I sat in an office and had 4-1 hour interviews in one day, some good, some not so good. Be prepared to have your resume picked a part, possibly harshly. Be sure to know business terms, not IT terms. Be aggressive, not afraid to challenge, they like it.

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn from me today? This was after only spending 1 hour with him and then getting grilled by four others on his team.   Answer Question

It wasn't what I thought it would be, a lot of empty responses to my ?;s

Client Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gartner.

3 interviews + 3 phone calls with HR. The first interview involved a phone interview with an HR Representative. About a week later I received a phone call to set up both a feedback phone call with HR and a second interview with two managers from the office two days after. Another week later I heard again from HR, who scheduled a second feedback phone call and a third interview, this time at the office with a panel of 3 managers and an Area VP via teleconference. For the panel interview I was asked to prepare a 45 minute presentation regarding the position, the company and why I would be a good fit. I heard back from HR a full week later, received some great feedback, but was informed that I finished runner-up due to lack of experience (I have a year left of college), and was invited to apply again in a year.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how Gartner's services to an organization that you have worked for previously. (Not a hard question, but if you haven't prepared well you could be in trouble.)   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Gartner in June 2014.

Applied online and got contacted by internal recruiter about 2 months later. The recruiter was great! I had a great conversation with her and we agreed that my background was a good fit for the role. Twice she set me up for a phone interview with the hiring manager and twice, 20 minutes before the scheduled call, he cancelled. I finally spoke to him and detailed my background for him. He invited me to Stamford for an in person with he and another person on the team for which I was interviewing. This is where it got odd. Neither of them really asked me any questions. Most of the 90 minutes was spent listening to the person currently on the team talk about her challenges, the people on the team, etc. I offered up some of my background and where I thought I would be a good fit. It didn't even feel like an interview. Almost a month went by and I had not gotten any feedback. I pinged the recruiter, who apologized for the delay. She told me the team felt I didn't have the right background and that I talked too much about my current firm. After hearing more of her feedback I was dumbfounded because my experience in the room with the two interviewers sounded nothing like what she was relaying. I wrote the whole thing off but was overall really frustrated with the way I was treated. They are very cavalier and somewhat arrogant as a firm.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really asked any questions. It was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

The format was a case study interview with 5-10 people present in person or via teleconference. The case was very technical, but the answer was meant to drive how you approach a problem - not necessarily getting the right technical response. They were smart people with good questions and not a lot of fluff.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to imagine I was in a role that I've never been in or had any experience with and how, specifically, I would respond in a very technical situation.   Answer Question

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

There are 4 stages to this interview process as listed below:
    1. Get contacted by a recruiter/apply to the position
    2. Interview with a Sr. Recruiter
    3. Interview w/ 2 Area Managers
    4. On site Interview

Overall, this was a very mentally draining process, but if you get an offer you know you earned it. These interviews are made for you to be quick on your feet and be able to answer unexpected questions. If you have experience selling to C-levels, or B2B you should be fine. Just be yourself and like others posted, BE CURIOUS. They want you to ask a lot of questions as that is how you will be successful in the position.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your mentor and what would they say your biggest weakness is?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in March 2014.

The interview process was efficient. I participated in 2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews and 1 role play scenario interview. Interview focused on my background, my sales approach and what motivates me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no totally unexpected questions, however, the role play was probably the most difficult because it required the most preparation with a relatively short deadline and I believe was probably the most critical phase of the interview process.   Answer Question

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in April 2014.

Very good experience to put to the test everything you have invested your time in perfecting. Although rigorous, this company is looking for a certain candidate that can relate to the culture they incorporate into the company. Expect to be on your feet the whole time, follow a time frame, and prove you are the best at what you're capable of.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in March 2014.

Very professional and punctual. Applied online, and was contacted a week or two after. Had several chats with an HR rep over the phone going over the company's background, my background, and the overall hiring process. HR rep also prepped me well for an interview onsite with multiple people who I would be working with/under. Promptly got an offer within a few days, conditional on background check, which was outsourced to another company.

Was looking to get a job quickly, as I was unemployed, I was pretty much made to give a first offer which they agreed to quickly (I lowballed them).

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!