Gartner

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

3.6

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

They started the interview process with a call and everything seemed to go well. After doing that they said they would schedule another round, but I never heard back from them. i contacted the recruiter as well as emailed the people who interviewed me. Nothing. They just seemed to wait for me to go away as opposed to letting me know they have moved on.

LCP Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gartner.

Lengthy interview process, first speak to Recruiter Assistant, then Recruiter, then two Associates and then 2 managers (over 2 months). I was told at each stage that I asked good questions and was well prepared. I did a lot of research on Gartner and felt confident in the interviews. I was very disappointed when I got an email saying "thank you but they decided to pursue other candidates at this time."

Interview Questions
    • I asked them a question and they turned it around and asked me to answer it.   Answer Question

Senior Research Content Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

Hiring process takes a few weeks. There are multiple rounds of interviews, including a content assessment where you are required to read a gartner research note and explain the content. Everyone is very pleasant throughout the process. I was contacted directly after the content assessment so there was no delay as to whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • To describe how a past experience on my resume would help me succeed in this type of role   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gartner.

initial interview was about fit and personality, the overall experience was a good to learn from and look forward to additional opportunities. they did the good cop bad cop thing as expected. peers were the ultra nice good cops and then came the additional directors to be a bit tougher

Interview Questions
    • trains...why do they still exsist and why is the guage of rail standardized?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Met with several people on a phone interview and then in the office. Fairly logical questions, nothing too difficult, as long as you have the experience you shouldn't have an issue. I am in no way disgruntled nor do I typically write reviews but in this case I wanted to chime in based on some of the reviews I had read in researching the company before forming my own opinion.

Some mentioned that it is a very 'arrogant' environment and from just the interview process, I can somewhat agree. My first impression of the recruiter (and the impression continued after speaking with him further) was that he was very arrogant and generally they were interviewing for someone who fit into that arrogant culture. Makes you feel like it should be an honor just to be considered.

Interview Questions
    • As mentioned, nothing really difficult or unexpected as long as you have the experience to back it up.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gartner.

Reached out to recruiter and got set up for interview. In-person with Sales VP, then silence for a few weeks. Followed up with recruiter and was told they decided to put hold on hiring. A month later they called and wanted me to come right in. Interviewed with several more people, was offered the role same day.

Interview Questions
    • Had to do an actual sales presentation for them. Not difficult, but I thought it was a creative way of "sampling the goods".   View Answer
    Accepted offer without negotiating - ample base and the upside was good. I wanted the job.

Client Partner Role Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Gartner.

Extremely unprofessional! The recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn, and now I see why most hiring processes are ineffective! She contacted me, then we rescheduled our appointment and asked me about my experience and background. Our conversation seemed to go great and then she asked to receive my resume. She sent me a ton of info about the company, the position, relocation, and news regarding Gartner. She told me that she will contact me in a couple of days, but that didn't happen. Instead I received this very generic email, as if I applied. Guess my suspicions were confirmed because that was a huge red flag for me. I live in Miami (the position is in Ft Myers) and I only wanted to hear about the opportunity. Everything that was on my resume, we already spoke about and honestly I wasn't going to accept because I did my research. WARNING: they promise you a salary and then about 20k more which you will never receive. That department has a very high turnover (not surprised) and don't trust anything they tell you because its all a lie. I know because I already asked Client Partner employees on LinkedIn and quite a few gave me the true insight.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

Text book and exactly what you want the process to be! At the end of the interview process I felt like I was good friends with the recruiter. 4 steps but you are very well coached and walked through what to expect throughout the entire process. Everyone you meet or talk to along the way is super friendly, open and honest and upfront. Gartner is the best and expects the best so be confident, do your researching ask question, ask questions, ask questions! As you should always be in life, be open to and ask for feedback.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. I was prepped on what to expect throughout the entire process. I always knew what was coming but I did a ton of preparing and research the company and the position ahead of time.   Answer Question

The commute and lack of flexibility in working remotely. It just didn't work out for my family and current life situation. But Other then that sounded like an amazing company and opportunity. I hope our paths cross again someday.

Fulltime Rotation for Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gartner in November 2014.

My hiring process is very pleasant. I stopped by Garner booth at the school job fair. Everyone is very friendly. They answer all my questions and explained about their Rotation program. Within a month, I was contacted and given phone interview. They just asked about your general information. After they schedule me for an onsite interview at their head quarter in Stamford CT. Since it's 3 hours drive from my house, they booked a hotel for me the night before which was my luxury and pleasant. I have to pre-paid for the hotel and later reimburse by Gartner.

Interview process is 4 hours long. There's a one hour long coding exam. The exam have 5 questions that can be solved using any language you like. 2 interviews with 2 department heads. They ask general technical questions such as object oriented program, testing technique, and language specific (mine is Java). And one last interview with the hiring director. The exam and technical questions are pretty straight forward and easy if you know your stuff. Every interviewers are very friendly and awesome.

Interview Questions
    • They asked puzzle questions like, if you have 5 gallon bucket and a 3 gallon bucket, how do you get 4 gallon of water... I'm not sure if incorrect answer effect your chance of landing the job.   Answer Question
    Their compensation package was very generous. I didn't negotiate.

Associate Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Gartner.

Tough interview questions but overall positive experience. I would be prepared with knowledge of the company and what it does. Have a knowledge of their core values.

Interview Questions
    • How would your college benefit from gartner's services?   Answer Question