Gartner Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.6

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Long. Many questions are asked. Be prepared to ask questions until you can't think of anymore. Understanding their processes so you can sell yourself as a fit is key. The panel will be a culmination of everything you've learned. It's pointless to go into it without information you have obtained to sell yourself into the role. If there is any once piece of advice is ask questions exhaustively.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

The process was very unprofessional and not handled well at all. The recruiter no-showed the first phone screen and eventually got back to me hours later about rescheduling. Our second scheduled phone screen, the recruiter was 10 minutes late. Once we finally connected, she cut me off after maybe 4 minutes, said I was not qualified for the position, and ended the call. I expected a lot more from a company like Gartner. Maybe it was the particular recruiter who was assigned to me, but overall, it left a really bad taste in my mouth how I was treated.

Global Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Interview process took approximately 3 weeks. Met with HR, hiring manager, regional VP of Sales, and managing VP of Sales. Interviews were both face to face and over the phone. One interview with the hiring manager and regional VP of Sales was a group interview, which really focused on how I would handle specific sales scenarios. The final interview with the managing VP of Sales was conducted over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were based on sales scenarios where there were real right or wrong answers. A typical scenario question had to do with a prospect who wanted complementary research or services. The interviewers were looking at how quickly you could think on your feet and how you addressed the request while maintaining a positive rapport.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then second phone interview with senior recruiter. First interview was quite easy and the second was harder. I didn't get through to the next state because I didn't have direct sales experience, but was told everything what was fine. It seems like a pretty quick process. Be sure to be prepared to link your skills and experience to the job you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Gartner Explain your previous/current role How are you skills relevant to the role   Answer Question

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted in about three weeks by a recruiter. We set up a 30 minute telephone interview for the following week. I was asked to provide a summary of my IT writing experience in advance of the call. The next step was a 1 hour timed writing test. Gartner sent me a press release and analyst commentary and I turned it into a summary note. At this point I received an offer from another company and ended conversations with Gartner.

Sales Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

The first interview was rescheduled by the sales recruiter 10 minutes before the interview was to start because she had a scheduling conflict. The sales recruiter did not call on time for the second interview and called me back after I left message for both her and the HR Rep after 15 minutes beyond the interview start time. The sales recruiter explained that she was caught up in another meeting. She then told me I was probably overqualified and should meet with someone doing the job to see if the role was a fit for me and she would have the HR Rep schedule this for me and then contact her after to schedule an interview if I was still interested. I called the HR Rep after two days and she said the sales recruiter had not told her that, but she would call her and then arrange it and get back with me. I did not hear back and decided the role was probably not for me and I was a bit surprised and disappointed by the experience at that point, especially since I have a tremendous amount of respect for Gartner as a company. I believe they must have too much going on and may need to add to their HR team. I read reviews indicating similar experiences from this company on Glassdoor. They were very nice though.

Interview Questions

• Did not really get that far since we did not get it scheduled.   Answer Question

Associate Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Tough, 4 stage interview. First, they do a preliminary screen, then they call back for a more formal screen, then there is a phone interview with 2 hiring managers, and finally there is an on-site interview that includes a powerpoint presentation in front of a panel of roughly 5 people. They ask a lot of behavioral questions ("How did/would you handle this type of situation?") and want to see an inner drive to succeed. Everyone I talked to was as friendly as can be and made the interview process a very enjoyable experience. They give feedback after each session to help you prepare for the next round.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Contacted by intial recruiter for a 15 minute phone screen, scheduled to speak to Senior Recruiter for an hour, additional 30+ minute phone interviews with VP and Managers. Concluded with a panel interview. Complete additional information on online form. Was called day before panel interview was scheduled and told they had decided to hire from within.

Interview Questions

• When did you know you would be sucessful? Describe a time that you differentiated yourself as a sales professional. Are you currently viewed as a leader in your organization and why? Name a time you overcame obstacle? What do you like to do in free time? Why looking to leave current position?   Answer Question

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

I was contacted by two recruiters via LinkedIn. I had not filled out any application and somehow they contacted me on my work number, as well as my cell phone number and my personal and work email. They did not receive that information from me. I was scheduled for a phone interview which worked out really well and I was informed that they would call me to let me know when I could interview on site. Never received a call. I emailed and called the recruiter to no avail. Then I called the HR person that sent me the invitation email for the phone interview. To no avail. Never received an email that they decided on another candidate, etc. Eventually I just gave up. Very ridiculous thinking that I was the one who was being actively pursued. However, i heard from several employees that it's more like a fraternity and they blow through employees that don't fit in, faster than anything

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gartner in June 2015.

Interview

Beware, if you are a seasoned sales professional that values your privacy, don't waste your time with this company. They are trying to put as many feet on the street as possible as cheaply as possible - clearly churning through candidates (and probably sales employees too). Recruiter says the "behavioral interview" is going well and concludes by demanding W2s. He stated that the process would have to end unless I agreed and tried to justify by saying that he had to validate the compensation history that I described. Keep in mind, at this stage, I haven't talked to any hiring manager yet and recruiter couldn't explain the territory effectively. I walked away.

Interview Questions

• "I think you are a good fit to move forward with the interview process....I will need you to provide your W2s for the past 5 years so that we can validate everything you said. Are you ok with that?"   2 Answers