Gartner

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Research Assistant Interview

Client Research Assistant
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – 3 interviews + 3 phone calls with HR. The first interview involved a phone interview with an HR Representative. About a week later I received a phone call to set up both a feedback phone call with HR and a second interview with two managers from the office two days after. Another week later I heard again from HR, who scheduled a second feedback phone call and a third interview, this time at the office with a panel of 3 managers and an Area VP via teleconference. For the panel interview I was asked to prepare a 45 minute presentation regarding the position, the company and why I would be a good fit. I heard back from HR a full week later, received some great feedback, but was informed that I finished runner-up due to lack of experience (I have a year left of college), and was invited to apply again in a year.

Interview Question – Describe how Gartner's services to an organization that you have worked for previously. (Not a hard question, but if you haven't prepared well you could be in trouble.)   Answer Question

Gartner Field Sales Interview

Gartner Field Sales

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – Honest but can be brutal. I sat in an office and had 4-1 hour interviews in one day, some good, some not so good. Be prepared to have your resume picked a part, possibly harshly. Be sure to know business terms, not IT terms. Be aggressive, not afraid to challenge, they like it.

Interview Question – What did you learn from me today? This was after only spending 1 hour with him and then getting grilled by four others on his team.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It wasn't what I thought it would be, a lot of empty responses to my ?;s

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist
Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – The format was a case study interview with 5-10 people present in person or via teleconference. The case was very technical, but the answer was meant to drive how you approach a problem - not necessarily getting the right technical response. They were smart people with good questions and not a lot of fluff.

Interview Question – They asked me to imagine I was in a role that I've never been in or had any experience with and how, specifically, I would respond in a very technical situation.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Gartner in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got contacted by internal recruiter about 2 months later. The recruiter was great! I had a great conversation with her and we agreed that my background was a good fit for the role. Twice she set me up for a phone interview with the hiring manager and twice, 20 minutes before the scheduled call, he cancelled. I finally spoke to him and detailed my background for him. He invited me to Stamford for an in person with he and another person on the team for which I was interviewing. This is where it got odd. Neither of them really asked me any questions. Most of the 90 minutes was spent listening to the person currently on the team talk about her challenges, the people on the team, etc. I offered up some of my background and where I thought I would be a good fit. It didn't even feel like an interview. Almost a month went by and I had not gotten any feedback. I pinged the recruiter, who apologized for the delay. She told me the team felt I didn't have the right background and that I talked too much about my current firm. After hearing more of her feedback I was dumbfounded because my experience in the room with the two interviewers sounded nothing like what she was relaying. I wrote the whole thing off but was overall really frustrated with the way I was treated. They are very cavalier and somewhat arrogant as a firm.

Interview Question – I wasn't really asked any questions. It was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

SMB Account Manager Interview

SMB Account Manager
Fort Myers, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – There are 4 stages to this interview process as listed below:
1. Get contacted by a recruiter/apply to the position
2. Interview with a Sr. Recruiter
3. Interview w/ 2 Area Managers
4. On site Interview

Overall, this was a very mentally draining process, but if you get an offer you know you earned it. These interviews are made for you to be quick on your feet and be able to answer unexpected questions. If you have experience selling to C-levels, or B2B you should be fine. Just be yourself and like others posted, BE CURIOUS. They want you to ask a lot of questions as that is how you will be successful in the position.

Interview Question – Who is your mentor and what would they say your biggest weakness is?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was efficient. I participated in 2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews and 1 role play scenario interview. Interview focused on my background, my sales approach and what motivates me.

Interview Question – There were no totally unexpected questions, however, the role play was probably the most difficult because it required the most preparation with a relatively short deadline and I believe was probably the most critical phase of the interview process.   Answer Question

SMB Account Manager Interview

SMB Account Manager
Fort Myers, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very good experience to put to the test everything you have invested your time in perfecting. Although rigorous, this company is looking for a certain candidate that can relate to the culture they incorporate into the company. Expect to be on your feet the whole time, follow a time frame, and prove you are the best at what you're capable of.

Interview Question – Why should we give you the job?   Answer Question

Account Manager: SMB N A - HTTP Interview

Account Manager: SMB N A - HTTP
Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in May 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews culminating in a panel interview and role play. Screening with HR, first interview with HR, manager interviews, face to face, panel interview. Presentation and role play at final interview. Allowed thirty minutes with a person in the role immediately before your panel

Interview Question – Discuss goals and plans to get there   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very professional and punctual. Applied online, and was contacted a week or two after. Had several chats with an HR rep over the phone going over the company's background, my background, and the overall hiring process. HR rep also prepped me well for an interview onsite with multiple people who I would be working with/under. Promptly got an offer within a few days, conditional on background check, which was outsourced to another company.

Negotiation Details – Was looking to get a job quickly, as I was unemployed, I was pretty much made to give a first offer which they agreed to quickly (I lowballed them).

Account Manager SMB Interview

Account Manager SMB
Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gartner in May 2014.

Interview Details – As mentioned by other applicants, the interview process at Gartner is rigorous. The entire process can take as little as two weeks; however, t is totally subjective.

I will save you a lot of time and reading; here are the key things you need to do to get a job at Gartner:

-Be Yourself
-Be Confident
-Be Flexible

Gartner is looking for a certain skill set; if you don't have it, certainly don't try to fake it (they will find you out during the interview process).

This is a sales job, so the ideal candidate would be proficient in the sales process (from open to close). You should be self motivated, intelligent, articulate, and a people person. In addition, you should demonstrate a high level of executive presence, you will be dealing with C- Level executives. Above all else, you need to be CURIOUS.

If you are the sort of person I just described; this may be a great place for you.

Good luck!

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!