Gartner Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.6

Account Manager SMB Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

Very long and tedious process. They are looking for a certain type of person. First stage is a phone screen with a recruiter. Next is a call with two managers including a role play. If you make it through that they bring you in for an in-person panel interview followed by a role play. Overly prepare for the role play this seems to be the deciding factor in the process. They want to see what types of questions you ask and when you ask them.

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gartner in February 2015.

I reached out to a recruiter on Linked in and had an interview scheduled the next day. The recruiter is really positive and informed about Gartner. It is a good idea to match this positive, upbeat and professional energy. After the 1st interview I moved on to a second phone interview. This interview was more focused on scenario questions from my personal professional experiences.
    I am scheduled for a 3rd interview. The pointers given to me from the 2nd interview is that I need to develop metrics and explain how I was measured by performance in previous roles. I also had to define my job as proactive by listing the tasks and timelines taken. The are not looking for someone with experience in being reactive.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a instance where a relationship you developed professionally aided you in the future. How did you grow this relationship?   View Answer

Research Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Gartner.

The interview process consisted of the initial HR screen, followed by a couple of phone interviews with international VP's. Based on their assessments, I was referred on for the onsite final-round, which included a written component along with a group presentation and lunch with the hiring exec's. I was given a set of topics from which I could make a selection, so the written exercise and presentation were within my area of expertise in the IT industry. I was able to ace both and handle the questions well during the presentation. There weren't any softball questions so it was similar to a normal client meeting. I want to share that what I liked most about Gartner is the company's overall integrity during the overall hiring process. The position actually went on freeze for awhile and the recruiter kept me informed the entire time - several months. The organization's professionalism was top-tier from the beginning through the end of the process, which told me a great deal about the type of company I would have joined. Ultimately, I did not join the company but I would not have had any reservations.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions but I didn't realize I would be expected to deliver a presentation.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

The whole process was seamless and easy. The recruiter was diligent with his questions and correspondence. Interview process was precise and did not waste valuable time. All meetings took place on time and with all the pertinent people. Quick and painless!!

Interview Questions
    • "Why are you leaving your current position?"   View Answer
    Respectful and easy

Sales Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

very fair interview, moves quick, very focused on no limit mindset and chemistry (traits) of potential candidates. Phone interview, then meeting with hiring manager and directors.Well structured, organized meetings, HR is fantastic, clear expectations of KPIs, short, mid long term goals, examples of culture and many other items you will want to know.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

They started the interview process with a call and everything seemed to go well. After doing that they said they would schedule another round, but I never heard back from them. i contacted the recruiter as well as emailed the people who interviewed me. Nothing. They just seemed to wait for me to go away as opposed to letting me know they have moved on.

LCP Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gartner.

Lengthy interview process, first speak to Recruiter Assistant, then Recruiter, then two Associates and then 2 managers (over 2 months). I was told at each stage that I asked good questions and was well prepared. I did a lot of research on Gartner and felt confident in the interviews. I was very disappointed when I got an email saying "thank you but they decided to pursue other candidates at this time."

Interview Questions
    • I asked them a question and they turned it around and asked me to answer it.   Answer Question

Senior Research Content Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

Hiring process takes a few weeks. There are multiple rounds of interviews, including a content assessment where you are required to read a gartner research note and explain the content. Everyone is very pleasant throughout the process. I was contacted directly after the content assessment so there was no delay as to whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • To describe how a past experience on my resume would help me succeed in this type of role   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gartner.

initial interview was about fit and personality, the overall experience was a good to learn from and look forward to additional opportunities. they did the good cop bad cop thing as expected. peers were the ultra nice good cops and then came the additional directors to be a bit tougher

Interview Questions
    • trains...why do they still exsist and why is the guage of rail standardized?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Met with several people on a phone interview and then in the office. Fairly logical questions, nothing too difficult, as long as you have the experience you shouldn't have an issue. I am in no way disgruntled nor do I typically write reviews but in this case I wanted to chime in based on some of the reviews I had read in researching the company before forming my own opinion.

Some mentioned that it is a very 'arrogant' environment and from just the interview process, I can somewhat agree. My first impression of the recruiter (and the impression continued after speaking with him further) was that he was very arrogant and generally they were interviewing for someone who fit into that arrogant culture. Makes you feel like it should be an honor just to be considered.

Interview Questions
    • As mentioned, nothing really difficult or unexpected as long as you have the experience to back it up.   Answer Question