Gartner

Average Difficulty
185 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 10+ months - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – Recruiter screens applicants; sets up call with the hiring manager; required to interview with three people and all must approve. Company looks for well rounded individuals who can communicate the value of Gartner. Will need a good, overall understanding of technology, governance, role of CIO and direct reports. Helps to understand the function of governance, cloud computing, SaaS, why projects succeed and fail.

Interview Question – Demo presenting the value of Gartner to a prospect.   View Answer

Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – There are 6 rounds to the interview process. 4 Phone calls, 1:1 interview with the Regional VP, and panel interview, presentation style. Hiring manager invited me to proceed to round 5 of the process. 3 days later I received an email advising my candidacy will not longer be considered.

Interview Question – You are performing well in your current well. Why the change?   Answer Question

Executive Programs Intern Interview

Executive Programs Intern
Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gartner in November 2012.

Interview Details – The initial interview was conducted over the phone b/c the company has a heavy focus on mobility. Questions concern familiarity with technology and ability to work on long and short term project at both a collaborative and individual level.

Interview Question – What research have you done in the technology field   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They presented the salary offer and we worked out the number of hours I could commit

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Client Partner Interview

Associate Client Partner
Fort Myers, FL

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – Drawn out and even though the recruiters provide helpful feedback, the process took forever. If you are looking for an efficient job placement, try another job. I was receiving good vibes through my two calls with recruiters and then all of the sudden I received the rejection letter via email. I was shocked and disappointed. Going to get more experience and then try again.

Interview Question – When was a time where you showed leadership with metric results?   Answer Question

Client Partner Interview

Client Partner
Fort Myers, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – Thorough, no-joke, was majorly prepared and messed up one question. Everyone was super nice and seemingly supportive, not sure where it all went south. I wish there was more feedback during the panel interview section. I felt I knew a lot about the company going in having interviewed once before and was feeding off the positive feedback I got along the way. I guess I was just not right for the role. Cannot prove it but felt discriminated against for being over 30.

Interview Question – You have 15 minutes to talk to a CIO with 5 major initiatives you need to solve for them. What do you do?   View Answer

Account Manager SMB Interview

Account Manager SMB
Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in July 2013.

Interview Details – Rigorous interview process. Two phone interviews with two HR recruiters then a phone discussion with the hiring manager. It was a typical questions about previous experience, then off the wall personality questions that have nothing to do with getting to know the applicant. I found myself answering the same introduction questions in triplicate. What I really liked was the HR recruiters gave you detailed feedback on your answers so they can coach you to the next step. Best advice, content in your answers, don't talk too much, and move on.

Interview Question – They firmly used behavioral-based STAR platform (Situation, Task, Action, and Result) on a certain challenge you have faced on overcome.   View Answer

Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in January 2014.

Interview Details – There were a total of 4 interviews which included 2 phone screenings, 1 phone interview with the hiring manager and a final role-play in front of a panel.

Interview Question – In every interview they are extremely interested in knowing what drives you as a person. The will continuously ask you this in each step of the process.   Answer Question

Account Manager SMB Interview

Account Manager SMB
Fort Myers, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – The interview process was very elaborate and detailed. The questions were tough and precise. I felt like they truly wanted the best representatives for their company and believe that they will pick and choose the elite.

Interview Question – They asked me to explain one of my most difficult moments as a sales rep, and how it impacted each individual involved. They dug into a few things that I learned, and wanted to know how I had helped others grow from similar experiences.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – Lengthy process, could take several weeks where you are interviewed by 5-10 people.

Interview Question – Dealling with different groups in the interview with conflict of interests and different management styles   Answer Question

Client Research Assistant (Formerly Client Services Associate) Interview

Client Research Assistant (Formerly Client Services Associate)
Midvale, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – Current employee referred my resume using Gartner's internal referral tool. I had an initial phone screen with an HR Director out of Ft. Meyers Florida who was great. She asked general questions about experience being in a stack-ranking environment (ranked again peers). Was extremely personable, and very straightforward. No nonsense or fluff. Asked a few questions about my education, motivation factors, goals, previous compensation. Three days later a second phone interview with the hiring manager and two of his/her peers asking similar questions about personal feelings of being ranked against peers, drive, experience and stories of instances where I had set goals and achieved/failed to reach those goals. Three days later I received a phone call from another HR Associate in Florida inviting me to an in person interview and prepared for topics I would need to cover during my presentation at the office. I arrived and was welcomed warmly, provided with a computer to touch-up my presentation and was introduced to three current Research Assistants. The manager left the room and the four of us were able to have a very candid and helpful conversation about the real culture, duties and opportunities available. This was a marvelous resource and played an enormous role in my decision to accept an offer. Following the panel discussion I was given 30 minutes to touch up my presentation. I then presented to the three managers, and the Division Director (who attended via conference call). I covered very little of my prepared material and was questioned very specifically about each of my resume claims. I was required to prove ways I directly contributed value (a huge term and focus at Gartner), was ranked against my peers, overcame failure and learned new skills and processes quickly. No vague answers were accepted and specific, fact based, proven responses were respected very well. I received a phone call from the HR Associate in Florida a few days later who made an informal job offer to me and explained the salary range and benefits information and how I should proceed over the next few weeks. I received the offer packet in the mail not long after.
As a whole the interview process was wonderful. i felt valued and stretched. i was required to prepare and prove myself, but never felt grilled or attacked. Gartner is an extremely professional, fun and beneficial company. I am grateful to be here and hope to find more opportunities in the future.

Interview Question – How do you learn new things?   Answer Question