Gartner Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.6

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I was recruited for the position, completed 3 phone interviews and was sent to the corporate office for a final interview. When speaking with the recruiter, he mentioned one of his applicants that week didn't get in until 2am and had a 7am interview and how sorry he felt for him. Well, guess what happened to me? After a very stressful 4 day week putting in over 50 hours, I hopped on a plane Thursday evening only to get an e-mail saying the VP's schedules had changed and my interview was no longer Friday at 3pm, but 7:30am. I landed after midnight. When I was picking up my rental car one of the guys told me to "watch out for the whiteboard portion" and mentioned that they constantly have people coming in and out for interviews because they burn through employees. Got to my hotel around 2am and had to be up by 5:30 to get ready for the interview. Needless to say, I hardly slept, got up, put on a suit, and was expect to perform at the highest of my abilities. I performed poorly and I accept that; I only wish I had not gone when I saw the interview time change. I would have walked away thinking that it was a waste of my time going to Florida, but had I not known this had happened to several people before me then I wouldn't be as upset. I'm sure it's a fine company which is why I went to the interview even though I'm completely content with my current job, but they need to realize when they set people up for failure.

Interview Questions

• They explained a scenario and asked me to 'sell the idea' using the white board.   Answer Question

Research Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through a interview 6 months back for a face to face after talking on the phone twice with a recruiter. The interview was with the hiring manager and was short but when I asked to see the team she let me go to where they worked and shadow. I didn't get the offer then but 6 months later the position opened up again and I was contacted by the recruiter to see if I still wanted the position. I went back for a content test which was basically giving me 30 minutes to read two articles one on Target's security breaches and another on another computer related subject. I was allowed to take notes and used 15 minutes for each paper but didn't have time to read everything. I presented my notes when asked the first question as to what I learned from the first article and did the same for the second article. I got the job offer a week later.

Account Manager SMB Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Very long and tedious process. They are looking for a certain type of person. First stage is a phone screen with a recruiter. Next is a call with two managers including a role play. If you make it through that they bring you in for an in-person panel interview followed by a role play. Overly prepare for the role play this seems to be the deciding factor in the process. They want to see what types of questions you ask and when you ask them.

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter on Linked in and had an interview scheduled the next day. The recruiter is really positive and informed about Gartner. It is a good idea to match this positive, upbeat and professional energy. After the 1st interview I moved on to a second phone interview. This interview was more focused on scenario questions from my personal professional experiences.
    I am scheduled for a 3rd interview. The pointers given to me from the 2nd interview is that I need to develop metrics and explain how I was measured by performance in previous roles. I also had to define my job as proactive by listing the tasks and timelines taken. The are not looking for someone with experience in being reactive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a instance where a relationship you developed professionally aided you in the future. How did you grow this relationship?   1 Answer

Research Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Gartner.

Interview

The interview process consisted of the initial HR screen, followed by a couple of phone interviews with international VP's. Based on their assessments, I was referred on for the onsite final-round, which included a written component along with a group presentation and lunch with the hiring exec's. I was given a set of topics from which I could make a selection, so the written exercise and presentation were within my area of expertise in the IT industry. I was able to ace both and handle the questions well during the presentation. There weren't any softball questions so it was similar to a normal client meeting. I want to share that what I liked most about Gartner is the company's overall integrity during the overall hiring process. The position actually went on freeze for awhile and the recruiter kept me informed the entire time - several months. The organization's professionalism was top-tier from the beginning through the end of the process, which told me a great deal about the type of company I would have joined. Ultimately, I did not join the company but I would not have had any reservations.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected questions but I didn't realize I would be expected to deliver a presentation.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Gartner (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was found online by recruiter who eventually got around to setting up phone interview. There was some challenges in the recruiter getting a time nailed down with me. I'm in sales so I get needing to chase, but when a recruiter calls you, at some point the burden should shift to the hiror not the hiree.

Interview Questions

• basic to some moderate top grading formatted questions...nothing hard.   2 Answers

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gartner (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Great experience. Very friendly and can't complain. Very professional and happy I accepted the offer at Gartner. Don't regret it at all. Excellent company to work for. If you get a offer just take it and run. Don't think twice

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

Interview

The whole process was seamless and easy. The recruiter was diligent with his questions and correspondence. Interview process was precise and did not waste valuable time. All meetings took place on time and with all the pertinent people. Quick and painless!!

Interview Questions

• "Why are you leaving your current position?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Respectful and easy

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

Interview

very fair interview, moves quick, very focused on no limit mindset and chemistry (traits) of potential candidates. Phone interview, then meeting with hiring manager and directors.Well structured, organized meetings, HR is fantastic, clear expectations of KPIs, short, mid long term goals, examples of culture and many other items you will want to know.

Interview

They started the interview process with a call and everything seemed to go well. After doing that they said they would schedule another round, but I never heard back from them. i contacted the recruiter as well as emailed the people who interviewed me. Nothing. They just seemed to wait for me to go away as opposed to letting me know they have moved on.