Gartner Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

3.5

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in April 2014.

Very good experience to put to the test everything you have invested your time in perfecting. Although rigorous, this company is looking for a certain candidate that can relate to the culture they incorporate into the company. Expect to be on your feet the whole time, follow a time frame, and prove you are the best at what you're capable of.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in March 2014.

Very professional and punctual. Applied online, and was contacted a week or two after. Had several chats with an HR rep over the phone going over the company's background, my background, and the overall hiring process. HR rep also prepped me well for an interview onsite with multiple people who I would be working with/under. Promptly got an offer within a few days, conditional on background check, which was outsourced to another company.

Was looking to get a job quickly, as I was unemployed, I was pretty much made to give a first offer which they agreed to quickly (I lowballed them).

Account Manager SMB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gartner in May 2014.

As mentioned by other applicants, the interview process at Gartner is rigorous. The entire process can take as little as two weeks; however, t is totally subjective.

I will save you a lot of time and reading; here are the key things you need to do to get a job at Gartner:

-Be Yourself
    -Be Confident
    -Be Flexible

Gartner is looking for a certain skill set; if you don't have it, certainly don't try to fake it (they will find you out during the interview process).

This is a sales job, so the ideal candidate would be proficient in the sales process (from open to close). You should be self motivated, intelligent, articulate, and a people person. In addition, you should demonstrate a high level of executive presence, you will be dealing with C- Level executives. Above all else, you need to be CURIOUS.

If you are the sort of person I just described; this may be a great place for you.

Good luck!

No negotiation.

Account Manager: SMB N A - HTTP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in May 2010.

Multiple interviews culminating in a panel interview and role play. Screening with HR, first interview with HR, manager interviews, face to face, panel interview. Presentation and role play at final interview. Allowed thirty minutes with a person in the role immediately before your panel

Not much negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months - interviewed at Gartner.

Recruiter screens applicants; sets up call with the hiring manager; required to interview with three people and all must approve. Company looks for well rounded individuals who can communicate the value of Gartner. Will need a good, overall understanding of technology, governance, role of CIO and direct reports. Helps to understand the function of governance, cloud computing, SaaS, why projects succeed and fail.

Interview Questions
    • Demo presenting the value of Gartner to a prospect.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

There are 6 rounds to the interview process. 4 Phone calls, 1:1 interview with the Regional VP, and panel interview, presentation style. Hiring manager invited me to proceed to round 5 of the process. 3 days later I received an email advising my candidacy will not longer be considered.

Interview Questions
    • You are performing well in your current well. Why the change?   Answer Question

Executive Programs Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Gartner in November 2012.

The initial interview was conducted over the phone b/c the company has a heavy focus on mobility. Questions concern familiarity with technology and ability to work on long and short term project at both a collaborative and individual level.

Interview Questions
    • What research have you done in the technology field   View Answer
    They presented the salary offer and we worked out the number of hours I could commit

Associate Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Gartner.

Drawn out and even though the recruiters provide helpful feedback, the process took forever. If you are looking for an efficient job placement, try another job. I was receiving good vibes through my two calls with recruiters and then all of the sudden I received the rejection letter via email. I was shocked and disappointed. Going to get more experience and then try again.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you showed leadership with metric results?   Answer Question

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Thorough, no-joke, was majorly prepared and messed up one question. Everyone was super nice and seemingly supportive, not sure where it all went south. I wish there was more feedback during the panel interview section. I felt I knew a lot about the company going in having interviewed once before and was feeding off the positive feedback I got along the way. I guess I was just not right for the role. Cannot prove it but felt discriminated against for being over 30.

Interview Questions
    • You have 15 minutes to talk to a CIO with 5 major initiatives you need to solve for them. What do you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in January 2014.

There were a total of 4 interviews which included 2 phone screenings, 1 phone interview with the hiring manager and a final role-play in front of a panel.

Interview Questions
    • In every interview they are extremely interested in knowing what drives you as a person. The will continuously ask you this in each step of the process.   Answer Question