Gartner Interview Questions

3.5

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in January 2014.

There were a total of 4 interviews which included 2 phone screenings, 1 phone interview with the hiring manager and a final role-play in front of a panel.

Interview Questions
    • In every interview they are extremely interested in knowing what drives you as a person. The will continuously ask you this in each step of the process.   Answer Question

Client Research Assistant (Formerly Client Services Associate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midvale, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Current employee referred my resume using Gartner's internal referral tool. I had an initial phone screen with an HR Director out of Ft. Meyers Florida who was great. She asked general questions about experience being in a stack-ranking environment (ranked again peers). Was extremely personable, and very straightforward. No nonsense or fluff. Asked a few questions about my education, motivation factors, goals, previous compensation. Three days later a second phone interview with the hiring manager and two of his/her peers asking similar questions about personal feelings of being ranked against peers, drive, experience and stories of instances where I had set goals and achieved/failed to reach those goals. Three days later I received a phone call from another HR Associate in Florida inviting me to an in person interview and prepared for topics I would need to cover during my presentation at the office. I arrived and was welcomed warmly, provided with a computer to touch-up my presentation and was introduced to three current Research Assistants. The manager left the room and the four of us were able to have a very candid and helpful conversation about the real culture, duties and opportunities available. This was a marvelous resource and played an enormous role in my decision to accept an offer. Following the panel discussion I was given 30 minutes to touch up my presentation. I then presented to the three managers, and the Division Director (who attended via conference call). I covered very little of my prepared material and was questioned very specifically about each of my resume claims. I was required to prove ways I directly contributed value (a huge term and focus at Gartner), was ranked against my peers, overcame failure and learned new skills and processes quickly. No vague answers were accepted and specific, fact based, proven responses were respected very well. I received a phone call from the HR Associate in Florida a few days later who made an informal job offer to me and explained the salary range and benefits information and how I should proceed over the next few weeks. I received the offer packet in the mail not long after.
    As a whole the interview process was wonderful. i felt valued and stretched. i was required to prepare and prove myself, but never felt grilled or attacked. Gartner is an extremely professional, fun and beneficial company. I am grateful to be here and hope to find more opportunities in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in July 2013.

Rigorous interview process. Two phone interviews with two HR recruiters then a phone discussion with the hiring manager. It was a typical questions about previous experience, then off the wall personality questions that have nothing to do with getting to know the applicant. I found myself answering the same introduction questions in triplicate. What I really liked was the HR recruiters gave you detailed feedback on your answers so they can coach you to the next step. Best advice, content in your answers, don't talk too much, and move on.

Interview Questions
    • They firmly used behavioral-based STAR platform (Situation, Task, Action, and Result) on a certain challenge you have faced on overcome.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

The interview process was very elaborate and detailed. The questions were tough and precise. I felt like they truly wanted the best representatives for their company and believe that they will pick and choose the elite.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to explain one of my most difficult moments as a sales rep, and how it impacted each individual involved. They dug into a few things that I learned, and wanted to know how I had helped others grow from similar experiences.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

Lengthy process, could take several weeks where you are interviewed by 5-10 people.

Interview Questions
    • Dealling with different groups in the interview with conflict of interests and different management styles   Answer Question

Product Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Gartner in November 2013.

Five interviews over the course of three months + 1 month for final decision. Phone Screen + several face to face meetings.

Interview Questions
    • Many behavioral questions / executive meetings were very challenging and difficult to prepare for. Emphasis on quick thinking and analysis of problem solving skills.   Answer Question

SMB Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in February 2014.

People are very charismatic and approachable, but process is hard. 4-5 interviews, very behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • They wanted an exact answer as to where I saw myself in 5 years   Answer Question

Associate Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in February 2014.

I applied through an employee referral. It took a few days for a screening interview from corporate. As a result, I was asked to submit a proposal as proof that my traits are matching the requirements. On the next day, I received a call from a local recruiter who scheduled a 45 minute interview. Very professional interviewer who gave helpful feedback. I moved on to a phone interview with two Client Partner Managers a week later who gave no feedback. Rejection email from HR one day later.

Account Manager SMB Interview

4 interviews. 2 with recruiter, 2 with upper management. Role play during the last 2. Tough interview process, but rewarding if you can get through it. Most of the questions are trait based, they just want to find out what drives you personally and make sure you are the right fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • What gets you out of bed in the morning?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Gartner in December 2011.

I had 2 phone interviews to start matters off. These were relatively simple. However, my third interview lasted 5 hours. Scheduled during finals week (I was an MBA student), I was required to do an hour-long presentation consulting an unknown company. This required several hundreds of pages of reading to prepare for this case study. Several of my classmates and I presented, but alone. About 5 people were watching, and they absolutely grill you. Actually, about half of the hour was probably me giving my planned presentation, and the other half was be them asking very specific/critical questions about my work. They were trying to imitate a difficult client. I also interviewed with 4 other people, each for an hour. After that 5 hour interview, I had another "surprise" phone interview on very short notice. There were only 4 final candidates vying for 2 positions, yet they made their decision almost two months before notifying me that I didn't get the job. I knew I didn't get the job long before, since I knew the people who DID get the job. Overall, the company left a poor taste in my mouth. I got the feeling that they do not treat their people very well, but the people there are very bright.

Interview Questions
    • It was specifically related to my presentation and why I chose the method I did.   Answer Question