Gartner

Updated Feb 26, 2015

3.6

Associate Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Gartner.

Drawn out and even though the recruiters provide helpful feedback, the process took forever. If you are looking for an efficient job placement, try another job. I was receiving good vibes through my two calls with recruiters and then all of the sudden I received the rejection letter via email. I was shocked and disappointed. Going to get more experience and then try again.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you showed leadership with metric results?   Answer Question

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gartner in April 2014.

Very good experience to put to the test everything you have invested your time in perfecting. Although rigorous, this company is looking for a certain candidate that can relate to the culture they incorporate into the company. Expect to be on your feet the whole time, follow a time frame, and prove you are the best at what you're capable of.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gartner in April 2014.

I went through 2 months of early morning phone interviews, onsite interview and took a skills test. Throughout the whole process I was receiving good feedback from the recruiter. I was very DISAPPOINTED and in disbelief when I was told I was not offered the position because I did not do well in writing a memo that was part of the skills test.

The recruiter told me that there was another open position and all I would need to do was another phone interview. This time I interviewed with two people who seem to be on a mission to discourage me in being interested in the position. After that I did not hear back from the recruiter. This is so unprofessional!!

Client Research Assistant (Formerly Client Services Associate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

Current employee referred my resume using Gartner's internal referral tool. I had an initial phone screen with an HR Director out of Ft. Meyers Florida who was great. She asked general questions about experience being in a stack-ranking environment (ranked again peers). Was extremely personable, and very straightforward. No nonsense or fluff. Asked a few questions about my education, motivation factors, goals, previous compensation. Three days later a second phone interview with the hiring manager and two of his/her peers asking similar questions about personal feelings of being ranked against peers, drive, experience and stories of instances where I had set goals and achieved/failed to reach those goals. Three days later I received a phone call from another HR Associate in Florida inviting me to an in person interview and prepared for topics I would need to cover during my presentation at the office. I arrived and was welcomed warmly, provided with a computer to touch-up my presentation and was introduced to three current Research Assistants. The manager left the room and the four of us were able to have a very candid and helpful conversation about the real culture, duties and opportunities available. This was a marvelous resource and played an enormous role in my decision to accept an offer. Following the panel discussion I was given 30 minutes to touch up my presentation. I then presented to the three managers, and the Division Director (who attended via conference call). I covered very little of my prepared material and was questioned very specifically about each of my resume claims. I was required to prove ways I directly contributed value (a huge term and focus at Gartner), was ranked against my peers, overcame failure and learned new skills and processes quickly. No vague answers were accepted and specific, fact based, proven responses were respected very well. I received a phone call from the HR Associate in Florida a few days later who made an informal job offer to me and explained the salary range and benefits information and how I should proceed over the next few weeks. I received the offer packet in the mail not long after.
    As a whole the interview process was wonderful. i felt valued and stretched. i was required to prepare and prove myself, but never felt grilled or attacked. Gartner is an extremely professional, fun and beneficial company. I am grateful to be here and hope to find more opportunities in the future.

Account Manager SMB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

The interview process was very elaborate and detailed. The questions were tough and precise. I felt like they truly wanted the best representatives for their company and believe that they will pick and choose the elite.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to explain one of my most difficult moments as a sales rep, and how it impacted each individual involved. They dug into a few things that I learned, and wanted to know how I had helped others grow from similar experiences.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

Lengthy process, could take several weeks where you are interviewed by 5-10 people.

Interview Questions
    • Dealling with different groups in the interview with conflict of interests and different management styles   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gartner in March 2014.

Very professional and punctual. Applied online, and was contacted a week or two after. Had several chats with an HR rep over the phone going over the company's background, my background, and the overall hiring process. HR rep also prepped me well for an interview onsite with multiple people who I would be working with/under. Promptly got an offer within a few days, conditional on background check, which was outsourced to another company.

Was looking to get a job quickly, as I was unemployed, I was pretty much made to give a first offer which they agreed to quickly (I lowballed them).

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gartner in March 2014.

The interview process was efficient. I participated in 2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews and 1 role play scenario interview. Interview focused on my background, my sales approach and what motivates me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no totally unexpected questions, however, the role play was probably the most difficult because it required the most preparation with a relatively short deadline and I believe was probably the most critical phase of the interview process.   Answer Question

Account Manager SMB Interview

4 interviews. 2 with recruiter, 2 with upper management. Role play during the last 2. Tough interview process, but rewarding if you can get through it. Most of the questions are trait based, they just want to find out what drives you personally and make sure you are the right fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • What gets you out of bed in the morning?   View Answer

Associate Client Partner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gartner.

2 weeks after applying the recruiter contacted me - only made in through inverview #1

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked about my previous experience AT ALL. Questions were only about Gartner   Answer Question