Gartner Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.6

Account Manager SMB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

As mentioned by other applicants, the interview process at Gartner is rigorous. The entire process can take as little as two weeks; however, t is totally subjective.

I will save you a lot of time and reading; here are the key things you need to do to get a job at Gartner:

-Be Yourself
    -Be Confident
    -Be Flexible

Gartner is looking for a certain skill set; if you don't have it, certainly don't try to fake it (they will find you out during the interview process).

This is a sales job, so the ideal candidate would be proficient in the sales process (from open to close). You should be self motivated, intelligent, articulate, and a people person. In addition, you should demonstrate a high level of executive presence, you will be dealing with C- Level executives. Above all else, you need to be CURIOUS.

If you are the sort of person I just described; this may be a great place for you.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT).

Interview

There are 6 rounds to the interview process. 4 Phone calls, 1:1 interview with the Regional VP, and panel interview, presentation style. Hiring manager invited me to proceed to round 5 of the process. 3 days later I received an email advising my candidacy will not longer be considered.

Interview Questions

• You are performing well in your current well. Why the change?   Answer Question

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Thorough, no-joke, was majorly prepared and messed up one question. Everyone was super nice and seemingly supportive, not sure where it all went south. I wish there was more feedback during the panel interview section. I felt I knew a lot about the company going in having interviewed once before and was feeding off the positive feedback I got along the way. I guess I was just not right for the role. Cannot prove it but felt discriminated against for being over 30.

Interview Questions

• You have 15 minutes to talk to a CIO with 5 major initiatives you need to solve for them. What do you do?   1 Answer

Associate Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Drawn out and even though the recruiters provide helpful feedback, the process took forever. If you are looking for an efficient job placement, try another job. I was receiving good vibes through my two calls with recruiters and then all of the sudden I received the rejection letter via email. I was shocked and disappointed. Going to get more experience and then try again.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you showed leadership with metric results?   Answer Question

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very good experience to put to the test everything you have invested your time in perfecting. Although rigorous, this company is looking for a certain candidate that can relate to the culture they incorporate into the company. Expect to be on your feet the whole time, follow a time frame, and prove you are the best at what you're capable of.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gartner (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I went through 2 months of early morning phone interviews, onsite interview and took a skills test. Throughout the whole process I was receiving good feedback from the recruiter. I was very DISAPPOINTED and in disbelief when I was told I was not offered the position because I did not do well in writing a memo that was part of the skills test.

The recruiter told me that there was another open position and all I would need to do was another phone interview. This time I interviewed with two people who seem to be on a mission to discourage me in being interested in the position. After that I did not hear back from the recruiter. This is so unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gartner (Midvale, UT).

Interview

Current employee referred my resume using Gartner's internal referral tool. I had an initial phone screen with an HR Director out of Ft. Meyers Florida who was great. She asked general questions about experience being in a stack-ranking environment (ranked again peers). Was extremely personable, and very straightforward. No nonsense or fluff. Asked a few questions about my education, motivation factors, goals, previous compensation. Three days later a second phone interview with the hiring manager and two of his/her peers asking similar questions about personal feelings of being ranked against peers, drive, experience and stories of instances where I had set goals and achieved/failed to reach those goals. Three days later I received a phone call from another HR Associate in Florida inviting me to an in person interview and prepared for topics I would need to cover during my presentation at the office. I arrived and was welcomed warmly, provided with a computer to touch-up my presentation and was introduced to three current Research Assistants. The manager left the room and the four of us were able to have a very candid and helpful conversation about the real culture, duties and opportunities available. This was a marvelous resource and played an enormous role in my decision to accept an offer. Following the panel discussion I was given 30 minutes to touch up my presentation. I then presented to the three managers, and the Division Director (who attended via conference call). I covered very little of my prepared material and was questioned very specifically about each of my resume claims. I was required to prove ways I directly contributed value (a huge term and focus at Gartner), was ranked against my peers, overcame failure and learned new skills and processes quickly. No vague answers were accepted and specific, fact based, proven responses were respected very well. I received a phone call from the HR Associate in Florida a few days later who made an informal job offer to me and explained the salary range and benefits information and how I should proceed over the next few weeks. I received the offer packet in the mail not long after.
    As a whole the interview process was wonderful. i felt valued and stretched. i was required to prepare and prove myself, but never felt grilled or attacked. Gartner is an extremely professional, fun and beneficial company. I am grateful to be here and hope to find more opportunities in the future.

Account Manager SMB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very elaborate and detailed. The questions were tough and precise. I felt like they truly wanted the best representatives for their company and believe that they will pick and choose the elite.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain one of my most difficult moments as a sales rep, and how it impacted each individual involved. They dug into a few things that I learned, and wanted to know how I had helped others grow from similar experiences.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Lengthy process, could take several weeks where you are interviewed by 5-10 people.

Interview Questions

• Dealling with different groups in the interview with conflict of interests and different management styles   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

Very professional and punctual. Applied online, and was contacted a week or two after. Had several chats with an HR rep over the phone going over the company's background, my background, and the overall hiring process. HR rep also prepped me well for an interview onsite with multiple people who I would be working with/under. Promptly got an offer within a few days, conditional on background check, which was outsourced to another company.

Negotiation

Was looking to get a job quickly, as I was unemployed, I was pretty much made to give a first offer which they agreed to quickly (I lowballed them).