Gartner Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated May 4, 2015

3.3

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was found online by recruiter who eventually got around to setting up phone interview. There was some challenges in the recruiter getting a time nailed down with me. I'm in sales so I get needing to chase, but when a recruiter calls you, at some point the burden should shift to the hiror not the hiree.

Interview Questions

• basic to some moderate top grading formatted questions...nothing hard.   2 Answers

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I went through 2 months of early morning phone interviews, onsite interview and took a skills test. Throughout the whole process I was receiving good feedback from the recruiter. I was very DISAPPOINTED and in disbelief when I was told I was not offered the position because I did not do well in writing a memo that was part of the skills test. The recruiter told me that there was another open position and all I would need to do was another phone interview. This time I interviewed with two people who seem to be on a mission to discourage me in being interested in the position. After that I did not hear back from the recruiter. This is so unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (San Jose, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by anywhere between 6-8 people including the corporate recruiter to multiple sales managers.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think the questions were difficult given they were questions I had experience in which to draw from. I guess it there had to be one it would be "describe a complex deal you won and lost and what you learned from it".   Answer Question

Negotiation