Gartner Senior Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in March 2014.

The interview process was efficient. I participated in 2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews and 1 role play scenario interview. Interview focused on my background, my sales approach and what motivates me.

Interview Questions
  • There were no totally unexpected questions, however, the role play was probably the most difficult because it required the most preparation with a relatively short deadline and I believe was probably the most critical phase of the interview process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months - interviewed at Gartner.

Recruiter screens applicants; sets up call with the hiring manager; required to interview with three people and all must approve. Company looks for well rounded individuals who can communicate the value of Gartner. Will need a good, overall understanding of technology, governance, role of CIO and direct reports. Helps to understand the function of governance, cloud computing, SaaS, why projects succeed and fail.

Interview Questions
    • Demo presenting the value of Gartner to a prospect.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

There are 6 rounds to the interview process. 4 Phone calls, 1:1 interview with the Regional VP, and panel interview, presentation style. Hiring manager invited me to proceed to round 5 of the process. 3 days later I received an email advising my candidacy will not longer be considered.

Interview Questions
    • You are performing well in your current well. Why the change?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in January 2014.

There were a total of 4 interviews which included 2 phone screenings, 1 phone interview with the hiring manager and a final role-play in front of a panel.

Interview Questions
    • In every interview they are extremely interested in knowing what drives you as a person. The will continuously ask you this in each step of the process.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner.

There were 2 screening interviews with HR, 30 minutes each asking basic questions about background, why want to work for Gartner, past successes, etc. Then phone meeting with regional sales leadership, then last interview was an in person "role play" where they sent you a customer scenario in advance and you had to show up to the meeting (interview) and role play with the client, explain the Gartner service and value proposition at a high level and then ask questions to understand the client needs, key initiatives and suggest a way for Gartner to demonstrate how they could help with a key initiative as a proof of concept.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. Typical questions in screening interview. The role play was most important to research the client initiatives in advance so you are familiar with the lingo.   Answer Question
    I negotiated and got what I asked for. Anyone in sales should negotiate!

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gartner in March 2013.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I spent a lot of time at Gartner for the first session just overviewing my industry experience and where I have had success. They have recently changed their interview process from what I understand and I really liked the process. The only downside is the travel out to Stamford, CT from New York. It takes a bit of time. With that stated the office is very nice and quiet. $40 roughly for the roundtrip with cab (if you are without a car.)

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was not questions... more so the role play. Even this was not difficult given my preparation for the session. Got a few softballs which left me open to take full advantage of more opportunities that I did not jump on.   Answer Question

Had another offer at a vendor which represented higher OTE potential. Overall I must say I was very impressed with Gartner in general. Great company.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in February 2013.

Inspiring interview with Recruiter, followed by an equally positive phone screen with the Area Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The Area Manager literally read from a script throughout the entire interview, with some rather perfunctory questions, in an almost robotic plus sterile delivery. I did not see one inch of sales skill from this person, so the sterility and rather arrogant interview style was a insulting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in May 2012.

Contacted by a Gartner internal recruiter who saw my profile on LinkedIn. We spoke for one hour. Very detailed review of my work history and my style of selling. Second phone interview with a more senior recruiter. Same style of interview.

Next step was to have a face-to-face interview with hiring manager. Neither recruiter called me back nor answer any of my several, but politely spaced emails over several weeks. They just blew me off...

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward. Deep probing into details of past accomplishments was more annoying than difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Egham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

interviewed at Gartner in March 2013.

1st interview with Hr, then the 2 nd is more detailed going into traits which Gartner look for requiring demonstration of said traits. 3 rd interview face to face with 2 manager. Again, more demonstration of traits which becomes tedious and boring. They do not want to hear you can do job and that you are more able than they are. Choose scenarios and try not to tell the truth because the truth often reveals our true aspirations which are generally over and above these Area Manager. 3 rd interview - panel and role play. Just go in with the mentality that this is a sales situation and behave as such. They want to see you demonstration objection handling, difficult clients.

Interview Questions

No real career prospects.

Senior Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in June 2012.

A former colleague of mine recommended I look at an open position. I reached out to the recruiter, sent her my resume. I went through an interview process with the recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, followed by face to face with hiring manager and then a meeting with the RVP and another AE.

Interview Questions
    I was told by someone inside Gartner that there's not much of a negotiation process. The offer I received was fair. Gartner pays AEs OTE for the first month of training. Not a lot of companies offer that.

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!