Gartner Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.6

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gartner in March 2015.

I applied for a Sr. Researcher role 2 weeks back and an internal recruiter Andrew Ryan fixed a telephonic interview. During the interview, I realized that he has not even bothered to go through my CV to get an understanding of my experience before scheduling an interview and was talking about a completely different role (which I didn't even apply for). Basically, I applied for X role and he was talking about role Y (which was poles apart from my experience).

This makes me think that the firm has inefficient bunch of recruiters who are unaware of the basics of hiring people. It was a complete waste of time and terrible experience for me. SHAME ON THEM

Advice: If you get an email from an internal recruiter please double check the role for which they are calling you or else be prepared for a disaster.

Executive Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gartner.

Five stage process.
    1- call with internal recruiter
    2- call with recruitment manager
    3- face to face with manager plus future colleague
    4- call with line manager
    5- panel presentation + interview

Exhaustative and unnecessarily over complicated.

Interview Questions
    • when speaking with HR I was asked about background and how I dealt with certain scenarios.

When speaking with line management there was poor structure and questions were simplistic.

Answer Question
    Minimal. Very little available.

Account Executive SMB Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gartner in January 2015.

My experience overall was a positive one, but for the sake of ease the positive and negative aspects of the process are outlined below:

Positive:

- Incredibly efficient. I was emailed within minutes of submitting my CV, an initial phone screen took place the next day, followed by two further telephone interviews (one with HR, one with Manager) over the following two days.

- Both HR and Managers do their very best to give you both positive and negative (but constructive) feedback through the course of the process. This gives you clear areas to focus on at the next stage and an opportunity to control your own destiny.

- They claim that they want every candidate to come away from the experience, whether successful or not, having learned something about themselves. I'd say that they achieved this aim with me. I found it challenging and it forced me to think a great deal about what I want from my job and career.

Negative:

- I didn't feel there was a huge amount done to convince me why I should be joining them. The process was incredibly one sided toward ascertaining if I was a fit for them and not vice versa. Despite saying that you need to push for information etc. I don't feel management were particularly clear about what the culture is like, what the career opportunities are etc. I actually asked them what makes Gartner a great place to work and the answer was full of platitudes.

- It's all a bit serious! This process could be 10x more fun if they let people express themselves a bit more. I don't feel like I got to know the managers or recruiters I spoke to at all, which to me is a really important part of an interview process. I also don't think they really got to know me at all, which, if it applies to all candidates, seems a pretty risky hiring policy.

Interview Questions
    • Has anyone ever given you advice at work that you've disagreed with? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gartner in January 2015.

Applied through their website as intern/graduate and uploaded my CV. Received an email after a couple of weeks, inviting me for a phone call. After scheduled the phone call through emails I received also a job spec for the role I had been considered.

The phone call was an informal interview going in general about my understanding of the company, the role, my previous experience related to customer service. Received an extremely high amount of information about the company and the role.Outlined the step the recruitment process (1. formal phone interview, 2. interview with 2 managers, 3. and further interview with a panel of managers) Duration almost an hour.

Received an additional email with advice about how to prepare for the next stage. At the formal phone interview covered surprisingly again understanding of the firm and the role, how do you keep informed about IT trends, and competency type of question, which the email highlighted to prepare. Duration almost an hour.

I will be receiving feedback after a week from the interview. Did not pass to the other stages.

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gartner in November 2014.

Was first contacted by the talent sourcing manager 6 months ago when I wasn't ready for new opportunities. Been following Gartner since then as I am using a lot of reports from Gartner as part of my current job responsibilities. Always had a good impression of Gartner as good company and contacted the same sourcing manager to discuss existing opportunities. He was very nice and seemed switched on. He was helpful too and prepared me well for the next step which was a phone interview with a recruitment manager. Boy, she bored me to death with her dull questions, and here awful voice drove me mad. The most tedious and meaningless interview experience I've ever had. It just felt horrid to be judged by someone who very likely was way less intelligent than me. If you get these bad feelings at an early stage, run away. That's my advice. Only fools can be part of this organisation. With their awful selection process I wouldn't be surprised if the turnover was high at this organisation, and I am glad they didn't get back to me. It saved me lots of energy and time. The next steps would have been another phone interview with a hiring manager, face-to-face with the hiring manager (again) and some area manager, last but not least a panel interview with a bunch of half wits probably. Just the thought of going through this process makes me shiver and I learned to appreciate where I am in life and what I have.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions really. Only unpleasant interaction with the recruitment manager. Didn't bother to make a good impression.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gartner in October 2014.

Faultless. Everyone knew their role and it was executed perfectly. very impressive and everyone was always on time They have clearly taken time to plan and review their recruiting strategy. It was also very mutual and I was encouraged to make sure I get what I want from the meetings.

Account Manager SMB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gartner in September 2014.

I've gone through 3 phone interview, 2hr and 1 with a manager. Than a face to face interview with 2 manager and the last one was the panel interview.
    They really expect you to approach the interview as a sale conversation with a prospect customer, asking lots of questions and always closing the conversation.

no negotiation

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Gartner.

Very professional interview process. All references were checked, 1 interview after screening with agency, 2 interviews by management, including direct report. The recruitment agency also run 3 graphology test, but that was more related to its own policy rather than the company request. The focus was more focus on character and profile, once the skills set was checked.

Interview Questions
    • In some case, there are case studies, and analysts as part of the just tend to compete with each other for the "smarter" questions   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Gartner in February 2014.

Interview process was very clear!
    The are looking for people that are driven and want to make money.

1. recruiter at Gartner interview by phone
    2. recruitment Manager interview by phone
    3. area manager phone interview
    4 face to face with area manager
    5. area manager and vp of sales face to face meeting.

Interview Questions

Don't like the company culture

Sales Representative and Account Executive Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Gartner in February 2014.

I had the first interview 5 years ago for a Sales representatie position. The first phone interview was carried by a polish recruiter. She was very nice and quite happy to speak. Se told me the salary would have been 29k basic and asked me not to pretend more, indeed it was very good for that time and position. After all she put me trough for a second interview.
    I had a chat with the secon recruiter which was more strict. Se asked me what my plans for life were and I much I wanted to archive in the for current and follwing year. Basically I should have said I wished to hearn 100k per year, but I was quite honest and said I would have got my degree, and payied my master degree off so overall it was 20k. Considering it was my second year living in London not fully able to speak English that would have been a huge asset for me.
    So I failed, I have received and email saying I would be not hired and no objective reason was given. Fair enough and disappointed, I was hired by IBM (the best company in the world) two months later and better payed in Ireland.
    Two year later I was contacted by one of their recruiters, but at that time I was not interested.
    Early this year they were looking for account executive again. I sent my CV over as I was looking to get back to UK. They call me, had the first interview, basic general question anyway, and booked to the second. At the second nobody showed from their side. Fist email sent to check what happen (you know someone my get delayed) and no answer. Second email the day after, no answer again. Ok, lack of profesionalism. Let's go on.
    Again last week another application sent. Nothing back received. I wrote an email to rectruiter to check if they had aknoledged my application and still no answer. The profesionalism is death. P.s. I always interacted with Gartner recruiter in Egham...

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter do not keep the word with you, it is difficult to be hired not because of question but due to lack of attention and details from recruiters.   View Answer