Gartner

28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Gartner.

Interview Details – Very professional interview process. All references were checked, 1 interview after screening with agency, 2 interviews by management, including direct report. The recruitment agency also run 3 graphology test, but that was more related to its own policy rather than the company request. The focus was more focus on character and profile, once the skills set was checked.

Interview Question – In some case, there are case studies, and analysts as part of the just tend to compete with each other for the "smarter" questions   Answer Question

Client Executive Interview

Client Executive
Egham, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in December 2012.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with recruitment
1st panel interview Face to Face with 6 people
2nd panel interview Face to Face with 6 people including a presentation

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was a little bit painful. The salaries are not high at Gartner compared with other IT sales roles and I felt like I was being "bartered down" all the time which made me feel devalued. However they offer all the standard perks that come with working for a US company and the Private Health scheme is second to none - focused more on wellbeing and perks associated with gym membership, sports equipment etc

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
London, England (UK)

I interviewed at Gartner in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was very clear!
The are looking for people that are driven and want to make money.

1. recruiter at Gartner interview by phone
2. recruitment Manager interview by phone
3. area manager phone interview
4 face to face with area manager
5. area manager and vp of sales face to face meeting.

Interview Question – why should we hire you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Don't like the company culture

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in January 2013.

Interview Details – Awful, I had a job offer with them the day i hand in my notice with my current firm, they retract the offer, leaving me without a job and recourse

Interview Question – What's been your best sale   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Awful, I had a job offer with them the day i had in my notice with my current firm, they retract the offer, leaving me unemployed

Leadership Client Manager Interview

Leadership Client Manager
Egham, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in December 2013.

Interview Details – 1st Stage involved phone interview with Recruitment Manager, going over my CV and reasons why I am interested in the position.

2nd Stage was a face to face with the VP LCM, Area Manager of LCMs, and a LCM.

The format of the 2nd Stage Interview was as follows:

We started the interview by going through my CV, covering such questions as: Why did I do a Philosophy degree? Why were my main responsibilities and duties for each of my past employers? What were the reasons for leaving each employer? Why did I choose to start up my own business?

It was noted that my CV had a couple of typing mistakes regarding dates of employment which I was asked to correct and then to forward them the revised CV. Additionally I had mentioned that money was not what motivates me and I was asked questions around this matter such as what were my motivations?

I was then asked questions about my character and my professional goals for the future. I stated that I was looking for a ‘home’ where I could be able to develop upon and utilise my existing skills to build a long term future in a world renowned company such as (but preferably) Gartner. I was asked such questions as: Where do you see myself in 5 years and then in 10 years at Gartner? What famous business leader would you compare yourself / aspire to be?

We then moved on to my current knowledge of Gartner and if I could relay to the panel Gartner’s 5 Core Values – all of which I got correct as I had learnt them off by heart prior due to the importance I feel they are to a world leading company. Furthermore I was asked if I knew who Gartner’s main competitors were. I was told to go onto Gartner’s website and click on investor relations to see who their main competitors were, which I later did, discovering that they included: Forrester Research, IDC, Yankee Group, Red Monk, Ovum-Datamonitor, and the Corporate Executive Board.

Towards the end of the interview I was given the chance to ask questions of my own to the Panel about Gartner and its respective divisions as well as its strategic aims for the future regarding the Supply Chain division.

After the interview I was told to send the LCM VP a business summary of the interview in short paragraphs or bullet point format.

An hour prior to my final interview I was emailed by the VP LCM wishing me luck and informing me the final interview should go well.

3rd Stage involved me preparing a presentation regarding my current knowledge of Gartner, the position, and why I would be a great fit for the role. I was then made to present this presentation in front of the VP LCM, a Client Partner, an Area Manager of Client Partners, a LCM, the Area Manager of LCMs, and the Recruitment Manager.

However prior to the presentation, I was given a half hour interview by two more LCMs running through the position, my CV, and my interest in Gartner.

2 days later I was told by the Recruitment Manager that everyone said no to me joining the company apart from the Area Manager of LCMs. The reasons why I was unsuccessful was due to my examples given in the interview - especially around my numbers/targets.

The Verdict: I have never felt so heartbroken in my life regarding an unsuccessful interview since I really felt I was going to be successful with my strong background and the fact that the head decision maker emailed me an hour in advance to wish me well. Furthermore I really wanted the role more than anything I have ever wanted before.

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Client Partner Interview

Associate Client Partner
Egham, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was composed from 3 phone calls and 1 panel interview, where I had to prepare a presentation, expose it and answer to questions mainly about my personality and how I face challenges. All people I met were really professional and respecting me, even if the interview proccess was really tought.

Interview Question – Many questions about my personality   Answer Question

Client Partner Interview

Client Partner
Egham, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Gartner in October 2011.

Interview Details – 3 phases - 1- recruiter by phone to get basic info and learn about my motivation, salary expectations and explain about the job. 2 - f2f interview by direct manager plus one for personal and professional background 3- panel interview with 5-6 manager, you need to present the role, 90 days work plan and why you fir to the role

Interview Question – understand what they really want in the presentation, do not copy and paste info from site, use creativity . you can get a lot of valuable info from the recruiter   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at Gartner

Interview Details – It was not easy. 3 round interview asking a lot of questions

Leadership Partner Interview

Leadership Partner
Egham, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gartner in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Recruiter called me and we went through the initial conversation.
2. She then confirmed that I would be an excellent fit and they are looking at next steps.
3. I then received a phone call from someone else in Gartner, enquiring to whether I would relocate to the US for the Leadership Partner role.
3. After chasing the initial for over 3 weeks, receiving delayed and poor communication; I then received an email stating that although they did like my skills they did not think I was a good fit to the role. This completely contradicted previous comments!

All in all, not a good experience of the interview process and not a good impression of the organisation as a result of this.

If this is how they treat potential senior hires, how do they treat employees and customers!

Account Manager SMB Interview

Account Manager SMB
Egham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gartner in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was structured in 3 phases:
- initial call with a recruiter: she asked questions just around my drive to make money and my plans for the future (no competency based questions)
- second call with an area manager: he asked again questions around my drive to make money and the typical sales cycle - he also tried to sell Gartner to me (i.e. you can make a lot of money here, there're huge career opportunities...)
- face-to-face panel interview: simulation of a real sales meeting where I was the Account Manager and my future Area Manager was the client - be prepared to ask a lot of questions to succeed

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gartner

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!

Gartner Videos

Gartner – Why Work for Us?

Your Thinking Matters Make Your Voice Heard At Gartner, what you say matters — not just to us, but to our 60,000 clients worldwide. Together, our associates deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gartner interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gartner employees and interview candidates.