Gate Gourmet

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Customer Service Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet in March 2010.

Interview Details – You have to keep in constant contact to be considered when they hiring, there is no interview. you go straight from the application to constantly hounding them on the phone to the background and drug screen. If you pass your hired.

Interview Question – None. Its more about Can you do the job and pass a backgrond check   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gate Gourmet in June 2013.

Interview Details – My process started in April. I was contacted by a recruiter by phone. He was very knowledgeable about the role and the most candid recruiter I had ever experience. He set expectations of the next step and when I didn't hear from him. he responded to my follow up without hesitation and set expectations again. I also interviewed with the CCO, the Marketing Director, and the HR Regional Manager in VA. I also submitted a sample presentation. I was hired in June.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite leader in history and why? I thought that was an insightful question to find out my value system in a roundabout way.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I countered..but it was already within my requested range.

Supervisor, Food Ops Interview

Supervisor, Food Ops
Atlanta, GA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet in January 2009.

Interview Details – I contacted a corporate recruiter about a job posting and was contacted the next day by a recruiter in the Atlanta office. He asked the basic questions about my resume asking me to explain past jobs and functions. The next day, I was contacted again and a date was set for a one on one interview. I lived in another state but arrangements were made.

I arrived 45 minutes early and was promptly met by my contact. I was interviewed by three individuals, each separately working my way higher up the organizational chart. The first was a line level manager with a very "in your face style" of questions. He basically told me that he was very hard to work for and that I would hate him. He would call me at all hours of the night and on my days off and I better have answers for him. The second was (I forget his exact title) a Supply Chain Director that had worked at the company for 11 years. His interview was very pleasant. He had a very professional demeanor and had worked his way up having started as an hourly associate. The third was the Director of Ops. The Director said that he was busy but "wanted to make a few minutes for me". He asked three questions, tops.

Everyone that I spoke to (except for the "in your face guy" said "You are the guy" and "You will do great here".

When my recruiter was walking me out, he informed me that he "got the nod" from two out of the three, the director and the Supply Chain guy and to expect an offer very soon.

I stayed in constant contact with my recruiter for the following two weeks with each conversation pointing me to believe that an offer was being finalized. The recruiter even asked me if I had found a place to live and suggested neighborhoods for relocation.

Then one day, my email to him was rejected. I called and was informed that the recruiter with whom I had worked was "no longer employed with Gate Gourmet". It took me a couple of hours and numerous phone calls chasing an answer. In the end, a lady from HR called to inform me that I was no longer being considered for any open positions.

My wife and I had been packing boxes and making moving arrangements...

Interview Question – How many days off a year would you expect an hourly associate to take?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gate Gourmet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gate Gourmet interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gate Gourmet employees and interview candidates.