Gate Gourmet Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.0

Set Up Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gate Gourmet (College Park, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick and very easy, ask minimal questions because they really are simply looking for someone to fill the position. As long as you are confident and don't pose a threat you will more than likely get the job. Be prepared to do your drug test and background check paperwork the same day if extended the offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work in any type of weather   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

My process started in April. I was contacted by a recruiter by phone. He was very knowledgeable about the role and the most candid recruiter I had ever experience. He set expectations of the next step and when I didn't hear from him. he responded to my follow up without hesitation and set expectations again. I also interviewed with the CCO, the Marketing Director, and the HR Regional Manager in VA. I also submitted a sample presentation. I was hired in June.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite leader in history and why? I thought that was an insightful question to find out my value system in a roundabout way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I countered..but it was already within my requested range.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

You have to keep in constant contact to be considered when they hiring, there is no interview. you go straight from the application to constantly hounding them on the phone to the background and drug screen. If you pass your hired.

Interview Questions

• None. Its more about Can you do the job and pass a backgrond check   Answer Question

Supervisor, Food Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

I contacted a corporate recruiter about a job posting and was contacted the next day by a recruiter in the Atlanta office. He asked the basic questions about my resume asking me to explain past jobs and functions. The next day, I was contacted again and a date was set for a one on one interview. I lived in another state but arrangements were made. I arrived 45 minutes early and was promptly met by my contact. I was interviewed by three individuals, each separately working my way higher up the organizational chart. The first was a line level manager with a very "in your face style" of questions. He basically told me that he was very hard to work for and that I would hate him. He would call me at all hours of the night and on my days off and I better have answers for him. The second was (I forget his exact title) a Supply Chain Director that had worked at the company for 11 years. His interview was very pleasant. He had a very professional demeanor and had worked his way up having started as an hourly associate. The third was the Director of Ops. The Director said that he was busy but "wanted to make a few minutes for me". He asked three questions, tops. Everyone that I spoke to (except for the "in your face guy" said "You are the guy" and "You will do great here". When my recruiter was walking me out, he informed me that he "got the nod" from two out of the three, the director and the Supply Chain guy and to expect an offer very soon. I stayed in constant contact with my recruiter for the following two weeks with each conversation pointing me to believe that an offer was being finalized. The recruiter even asked me if I had found a place to live and suggested neighborhoods for relocation. Then one day, my email to him was rejected. I called and was informed that the recruiter with whom I had worked was "no longer employed with Gate Gourmet". It took me a couple of hours and numerous phone calls chasing an answer. In the end, a lady from HR called to inform me that I was no longer being considered for any open positions. My wife and I had been packing boxes and making moving arrangements...

Interview Questions

• How many days off a year would you expect an hourly associate to take?   Answer Question