Gate Gourmet Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.6

Flight Checker Interview

Is this job hard? So I would like to know if I will be wasting my time or not .I have heard a lot of good and bad reviews and they have great benefits and free lunch

Food Assemblers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gate Gourmet in February 2015.

Very short probably 5-7 mins..If you can work whenever thats the key.... If you have food preparation experience thats a key too but they train you.. The second interview they had us wait a little long but they took a drug test right then and there so make sure your clean

Interview Questions
    • Open availability? Cooler temperature okay?   View Answer
    Take or leave it

Interior Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Gate Gourmet in January 2015.

My first interview was very informal. I was asked questions without any pressure of having to say the correct thing. I did however wait for 1 1/2 hours for the interviewer to show up for the interview.
    It was a pleasant interview but the wait in my opinion was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was available to work morning, afternoon and night shifts.   View Answer

Food Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gate Gourmet in November 2014.

I sent over my resume then it was followed up by a phone with a direct invite for an onsite interview which an offer was presented. i took the offer and began work a few weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle standing in very cold environments such as 39 degree temputure for at least 8 hours   View Answer

Safety Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

First time I applied, did a short phone interview. Then I did an in person interview with hiring manager. He seemed really interested and was told Id get another interview with someone from operations. Never happened. I found out someone internal was hired. Second time I applied, no interviews necessary. They asked for recommendations from 5 professionals. Its a long process, emails get sent with surveys etc. I got a tbnts email for my interview (which I never had). I was informed that someone internal was hired. About the job, 5 days a week, 10 hr days. You must work 50 hours a week.(Is this legal?)

Interview Questions
    • For second time applying, no interview. Only asked for professional recommendations   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gate Gourmet in October 2014.

I applied online and I received a call from an internal recruiter two weeks later. The recruiter, based in SOCAL, was not proficient with returning calls and did not provide an email address. After many calls, an interview time was set and I was informed that a confirmation email would follow - never happened. The day the hiring manager was to interview me, he did not call for the phone interview. I called the recruiter but I did not receive a return call or explanation. The next day, the hiring manager called me and offered no excuse for failing to call for the phone interview. We re-scheduled for the following day but I was told that if I did not receive a call, then I should call. The hiring manager did call but 20 minutes later than the confirmed. I was invited in for an in person interview three days later. After the in person interview, I was again contacted by the SOCAL recruiter a week later. The recruiter left a message that a link for a Caliper personality test would be sent to me that day and I was to complete it the same day. I took the test and never heard from either of them again. The entire experience has left an extremely poor impression of the fragmented, unorganized and unprofessional hiring process within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Mostly hypothetical and "Have you ever......?"   Answer Question

Food Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Gate Gourmet in September 2014.

I applied online and then a had a phone interview. A week later, I had a face to face and got the job on the spot. I fif the interview process twice before I got the job because I tried to set my own hrs and they didn't want that.. They asked me if I was sure I wanted to work so many hrs and I quickly accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work overtime and overnight?   View Answer

Supply Chain Interview

The interview is very long. Alot of Questions. They ask any equation they feel. I was good with the interview people i know how to an any questions without even thing about it

Dishwasher Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gate Gourmet in July 2014.

first i had a phone interview next was a group interview now im waiting to take my fingerprints and drug test the whole prosess taking weeks im still waiting for my outcome very nice recuriters and interviewers

Interview Questions
    • the most dificult part of the unterview when ask what was most stressful about my last job   View Answer

Food Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Very first interview was ver good, done by the manager himself at the time and not by human resources. Did job outright, no proper training. You're on your own.

Interview Questions
    • What do you understand by multitasking and how can you work as a team.   Answer Question
    Good, I got the job. My advise to would be applicant : prepare yourself for some not human treatment. Be a good " follower" and worker.