Gate Gourmet

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.5

Safety Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

First time I applied, did a short phone interview. Then I did an in person interview with hiring manager. He seemed really interested and was told Id get another interview with someone from operations. Never happened. I found out someone internal was hired. Second time I applied, no interviews necessary. They asked for recommendations from 5 professionals. Its a long process, emails get sent with surveys etc. I got a tbnts email for my interview (which I never had). I was informed that someone internal was hired. About the job, 5 days a week, 10 hr days. You must work 50 hours a week.(Is this legal?)

Interview Questions
    • For second time applying, no interview. Only asked for professional recommendations   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gate Gourmet in October 2014.

I applied online and I received a call from an internal recruiter two weeks later. The recruiter, based in SOCAL, was not proficient with returning calls and did not provide an email address. After many calls, an interview time was set and I was informed that a confirmation email would follow - never happened. The day the hiring manager was to interview me, he did not call for the phone interview. I called the recruiter but I did not receive a return call or explanation. The next day, the hiring manager called me and offered no excuse for failing to call for the phone interview. We re-scheduled for the following day but I was told that if I did not receive a call, then I should call. The hiring manager did call but 20 minutes later than the confirmed. I was invited in for an in person interview three days later. After the in person interview, I was again contacted by the SOCAL recruiter a week later. The recruiter left a message that a link for a Caliper personality test would be sent to me that day and I was to complete it the same day. I took the test and never heard from either of them again. The entire experience has left an extremely poor impression of the fragmented, unorganized and unprofessional hiring process within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Mostly hypothetical and "Have you ever......?"   Answer Question

Food Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Gate Gourmet in September 2014.

I applied online and then a had a phone interview. A week later, I had a face to face and got the job on the spot. I fif the interview process twice before I got the job because I tried to set my own hrs and they didn't want that.. They asked me if I was sure I wanted to work so many hrs and I quickly accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work overtime and overnight?   View Answer

Supply Chain Interview

The interview is very long. Alot of Questions. They ask any equation they feel. I was good with the interview people i know how to an any questions without even thing about it

Dishwasher Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gate Gourmet in July 2014.

first i had a phone interview next was a group interview now im waiting to take my fingerprints and drug test the whole prosess taking weeks im still waiting for my outcome very nice recuriters and interviewers

Interview Questions
    • the most dificult part of the unterview when ask what was most stressful about my last job   View Answer

Food Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Very first interview was ver good, done by the manager himself at the time and not by human resources. Did job outright, no proper training. You're on your own.

Interview Questions
    • What do you understand by multitasking and how can you work as a team.   Answer Question
    Good, I got the job. My advise to would be applicant : prepare yourself for some not human treatment. Be a good " follower" and worker.

Private Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gate Gourmet in March 2014.

The process was thorough. The interview questions were not what you find online to "practice" for, so be prepared to improvise.

Interview Questions
    • None were too difficult, but the only one that caught me a bit off guard was "What would you do in "X" situation?"   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Applied the job through the company website. After HR screening, was invited onsite. Met HR, the hiring manager and CFO. Briefed the company, the position and team structure. Typical interview questions. Asked to walk through my resume. Why I left the last job. What projects have done. Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Phone interview followed by face to face

Interview Questions
    • Not really well versed in asking professional interview questions   Answer Question

Better offer

EPA Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

No interview just a group orientation.