Gate Gourmet

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Customer Service Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet in March 2010.

Interview Details – You have to keep in constant contact to be considered when they hiring, there is no interview. you go straight from the application to constantly hounding them on the phone to the background and drug screen. If you pass your hired.

Interview Question – None. Its more about Can you do the job and pass a backgrond check   Answer Question

Food Preparer Interview

Food Preparer
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview Details – Very first interview was ver good, done by the manager himself at the time and not by human resources. Did job outright, no proper training. You're on your own.

Interview Question – What do you understand by multitasking and how can you work as a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good, I got the job. My advise to would be applicant : prepare yourself for some not human treatment. Be a good " follower" and worker.

Private Interview

Private
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process was thorough. The interview questions were not what you find online to "practice" for, so be prepared to improvise.

Interview Question – None were too difficult, but the only one that caught me a bit off guard was "What would you do in "X" situation?"   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Reston, VA

Interviewed at Gate Gourmet

Interview Details – Applied the job through the company website. After HR screening, was invited onsite. Met HR, the hiring manager and CFO. Briefed the company, the position and team structure. Typical interview questions. Asked to walk through my resume. Why I left the last job. What projects have done. Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Store Room Interview

Store Room
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gate Gourmet in May 2012.

Interview Details – The process was o.k. I guess, when they called the supervisor for the department when I first started it took them a bit to meet with me. Sit as a group with supervisor manager of the unit and supervisor of transportation was very friendly and seemed very interested in me.

Interview Question – None I was prepared for any unexpected questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be sure that when hired that this is a union job and must be a part of the union( Culinary Union Local 226) $41.50 month and maybe back dues if they don't take fees right away to which will be $14/15 each week for 4 weeks plus $41.50 at the end of the month.
I can tell you not only as a former employer & shop steward for the union that their is not much support and only take you money each month and run....

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by face to face

Interview Question – Not really well versed in asking professional interview questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer

Food Assembler Interview

Food Assembler
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet in November 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online, the next day i received an email stating to call for an over the phone interview. After that i received an email stating to come in for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – What will you do to keep yourself from being bored?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, take it or leave it.

EPA Interview

EPA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview Details – No interview just a group orientation.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview Details – The Recruiter was pleasant on the phone as was my next interview with the hiring manager. Everything seemed to be going amazing. The next step in their process is to come in for another in person interview with the recruiter again and to take this 2 hour test. It's standardized and uses a ton of mathematical and psychological questions from harvard to basically frustrate you and analyze your personality. I was told NUMEROUS times that this test was a tiny piece of the process and not to worry. I was being setup for an in person presentation and working out the exact dates. However, after I took the test, I was sent an email saying "no thank you". When I called the recruiter confused and looking for any possible constructive feedback- she couldn't provide anything. It was a terrible process and that those tests are never ever accurate. I would challenge them to take it themselves a year or two into working there to see if they can find it spot on. Providing feedback is a way for people to grow and I would have appreciated some genuine discussion. Their lack of any information was very disrespectful.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview Details – All interviews were face to face. I was interviewed by 2 managers. The interview process took for about 4 months.

Interview Question – Most questions were very typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gate Gourmet

Worked for Gate Gourmet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gate Gourmet interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gate Gourmet employees and interview candidates.