Gate Gourmet Interview Questions in United States

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.4

Foos Assembler Interview

Interview

Applied online , was sent an email to conduct a phone interview, hours later got an email to schedule an onsite interview. Was offered the position . Did some paperworks & a drug test & pass'd with flying colors. Said they'd call me as soon as the background was cleared. I know it doesn't take that long for a background check . its been 2wks today since I applied. Should I call & check the status or just wait for the call ?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Gate Gourmet ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Omgggg, I'm still waiting.

Equipment Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Submit application online was emailed to do a machine automated interview. Received another email for onsite interview. Easy interview was asked my previous work experience and wether im able to work any shift . Was offered job on the spot and did a swab drug test a few minutes later and was told to wait for their phone call after background check was clear.

Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Friday and received a call a little under a week later. During the phone call, I was asked a series of automated question. I was told I'd receive a call within the next week but it came hours later!!! Set up an interview for the following week. Recruitment center was holding walkins so I ended up in a group interview with someone going for a different position. Was told basically told I had the job and I would receive a call within the next week to complete paperwork. I went into today to complete the paperwork, oral drug test, and application for an airport ID. Now I am waiting for the results of my background check.

Interview Questions

• When is it okay to call of?   1 Answer

Store Room Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (SeaTac, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Apply online, phone interview and then in person pending results of phone screen. Seemed a little unorganized as when i arrived there were several applicant's waiting to be seen but only 2 seats, they announced the supervisors were running late and thanks for waiting, It was about fifteen mins of waiting which was ridiculous. We reviewed my application and that was it got the offer,

Interview Questions

The pay, for it being a stock and unloading trucks and what not it pays merely fifty cents nore than minimum wage, which is low,

Food Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Good fast and easy hired they ask u to do a drug test and a background check on you. Have some experience in food service industry. But overall was easy they will call you for a phone interview first. Then on-site interview the process took 2weeks.

Food Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked details about my previous job, and why it ended. The second interview was with management, and I was asked about my experience with food. I was also told that after 2 days some employees stop coming, their is a 50% turnover rate, and if I was hired would I come to work.

Interview Questions

• When is it ok to call off?   1 Answer

Flight Checker Interview

Interview

Is this job hard? So I would like to know if I will be wasting my time or not .I have heard a lot of good and bad reviews and they have great benefits and free lunch

Food Assemblers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very short probably 5-7 mins..If you can work whenever thats the key.... If you have food preparation experience thats a key too but they train you.. The second interview they had us wait a little long but they took a drug test right then and there so make sure your clean

Interview Questions

• Open availability? Cooler temperature okay?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take or leave it

Food Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is held via email and I received the most comprehensive interview as opposed to other applicants. They took me into the coolers and introduced me to the other workers.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can do this?   1 Answer

Food Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gate Gourmet (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I sent over my resume then it was followed up by a phone with a direct invite for an onsite interview which an offer was presented. i took the offer and began work a few weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle standing in very cold environments such as 39 degree temputure for at least 8 hours   1 Answer