Gate Gourmet

31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

PRIVATE Interview

Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process was thorough. The interview questions were not what you find online to "practice" for, so be prepared to improvise.

Interview Question – None were too difficult, but the only one that caught me a bit off guard was "What would you do in "X" situation?"   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Reston, VA

Interviewed at Gate Gourmet

Interview Details – Applied the job through the company website. After HR screening, was invited onsite. Met HR, the hiring manager and CFO. Briefed the company, the position and team structure. Typical interview questions. Asked to walk through my resume. Why I left the last job. What projects have done. Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Store Room Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gate Gourmet in May 2012.

Interview Details – The process was o.k. I guess, when they called the supervisor for the department when I first started it took them a bit to meet with me. Sit as a group with supervisor manager of the unit and supervisor of transportation was very friendly and seemed very interested in me.

Interview Question – None I was prepared for any unexpected questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be sure that when hired that this is a union job and must be a part of the union( Culinary Union Local 226) $41.50 month and maybe back dues if they don't take fees right away to which will be $14/15 each week for 4 weeks plus $41.50 at the end of the month.
I can tell you not only as a former employer & shop steward for the union that their is not much support and only take you money each month and run....

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by face to face

Interview Question – Not really well versed in asking professional interview questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer

Food Assembler Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet in November 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online, the next day i received an email stating to call for an over the phone interview. After that i received an email stating to come in for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – What will you do to keep yourself from being bored?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, take it or leave it.

Epa Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview Details – No interview just a group orientation.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview Details – The Recruiter was pleasant on the phone as was my next interview with the hiring manager. Everything seemed to be going amazing. The next step in their process is to come in for another in person interview with the recruiter again and to take this 2 hour test. It's standardized and uses a ton of mathematical and psychological questions from harvard to basically frustrate you and analyze your personality. I was told NUMEROUS times that this test was a tiny piece of the process and not to worry. I was being setup for an in person presentation and working out the exact dates. However, after I took the test, I was sent an email saying "no thank you". When I called the recruiter confused and looking for any possible constructive feedback- she couldn't provide anything. It was a terrible process and that those tests are never ever accurate. I would challenge them to take it themselves a year or two into working there to see if they can find it spot on. Providing feedback is a way for people to grow and I would have appreciated some genuine discussion. Their lack of any information was very disrespectful.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gate Gourmet.

Interview Details – All interviews were face to face. I was interviewed by 2 managers. The interview process took for about 4 months.

Interview Question – Most questions were very typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Negotiation Details – Quick tough

Sous Chef Interview

Sous Chef
Dulles, VA

I interviewed at Gate Gourmet in June 2011.

Interview Details – Took a month before i heard from them about he position, the application process works thru the recruiter in Atlanta. Interview was easy. Trade test. chef/director Interview and GM interview

Interview Question – Standard Question what is the most difficult job you have done and how did you handle it. how do work under stress, have you worked in a union environment,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your Salary. its paid for 42 hrs/week, ask about bonuses and increments (last was 5 yrs back), hours of work( its a 24 hrs operation your schedule has start time but no end time)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gate Gourmet

Worked for Gate Gourmet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gate Gourmet interview questions and advice in United States. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gate Gourmet employees and interview candidates.