Gates Corporation

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.8

Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gates Corporation in January 2015.

Interviewed with the Director of Transportation in person at Gates Corp. They asked every typical question and more detailed questions regarding your experience. At the end of the interview I had to do an Excel knowledge test that went very quickly. I was informed I would hear either way about a second interview on the following Monday. The interviewer called on Monday and let me know they were going in a different direction.

Interview Questions
    • They asked every typical question and more detailed questions regarding your experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gates Corporation.

I was contacted first by the HR person for a quick assessment. I came in for an interview and talked for an hour with the hiring manager. Coming in to the interview, I was ambivalent about the company, but was encouraged about working for this particular manager. He seemed to have a good handle of the future of that segment of business and was motivated to move Gates to the next step.
    For the second interview, I met with the hiring manager, the marketing team and the upper management. Everything was very typical. I was told that the next (and final) interview would be a presentation using their new marketing/sales method. This seemed a little excessive, but I was up for it. I never received a call. When I followed up, I was told that they were busy for the next 3 weeks. It is now 4 weeks later and still no communication. I can only assume that they were not interested. In the time that I spent interviewing with them, I was offered and turned down a job and interviewed for 3 other positions.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Gates Corporation in March 2011.

The process was thorough, but not intimidating. Met with several engineers and managers, some of whom asked technical questions and others who were educating me on their processes.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you go about predicting failure on these hoses?"   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gates Corporation in February 2011.

The agency sent the job description to me a day ahead of time, then I went into the corporate office. Gates Building is modern, clean, with friendly security person at the front desk. Met a total of three people in the interview, total of two hours. Office environment was kind of quiet, but friendly. (Great views out of all the windows on every side!) Didn't hear anything for about a week, but got offer and started two wks later.

Interview Questions
    • If you're handed a project to accomplish, but not everything you feel you need to make it succeed, what do you do?   Answer Question
    There was a little wiggle room, but the offer was fair to start with.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gates Corporation in September 2010.

I was originally contacted about this opportunity by a 3rd party recruiter and from there things moved very fast. Gates was very interested to fill this position as there were some clear corporate goals to cut costs in this particular division. I interviewed at their Denver headquarters with a finance director, business partner (also a director), the director of HR, and a C-level executive. Very nice group but each had a different understanding of the corporate culture.

The HR director assured me that things moved very fast and that change was constant at Gates. The C-level executive, who had only been with the company about 6-months vehemently disagreed with that assessment asserting that as a manufacturing company change and everything about the company was not necessarily slow, but certainly not fast. The questions were standard and focused on what what you have done, skills you brought to the table, and culture.

Overall, I liked the organization and the corporate culture. Working for Gates Corp was really an option for me. In the end I had two other job offers and Gates chose to go with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of financial modeling have you done? Describe it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project you worked on that did not turn out as well as planned. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gates Corporation in August 2009.

Interviewed with the VP and then he had me interview with some other executive assistants that knew him well. He was quiet and stand-off-ish. The executive assistants one was friendly and the other quiet.