Gates Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gates Corporation in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the VP and then he had me interview with some other executive assistants that knew him well. He was quiet and stand-off-ish. The executive assistants one was friendly and the other quiet.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Gates Corporation in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process was thorough, but not intimidating. Met with several engineers and managers, some of whom asked technical questions and others who were educating me on their processes.

Interview Question – "How would you go about predicting failure on these hoses?"   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gates Corporation.

Interview Details – I was contacted first by the HR person for a quick assessment. I came in for an interview and talked for an hour with the hiring manager. Coming in to the interview, I was ambivalent about the company, but was encouraged about working for this particular manager. He seemed to have a good handle of the future of that segment of business and was motivated to move Gates to the next step.
For the second interview, I met with the hiring manager, the marketing team and the upper management. Everything was very typical. I was told that the next (and final) interview would be a presentation using their new marketing/sales method. This seemed a little excessive, but I was up for it. I never received a call. When I followed up, I was told that they were busy for the next 3 weeks. It is now 4 weeks later and still no communication. I can only assume that they were not interested. In the time that I spent interviewing with them, I was offered and turned down a job and interviewed for 3 other positions.

Interview Question – Typical questions   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Gates Corporation in February 2011.

Interview Details – The agency sent the job description to me a day ahead of time, then I went into the corporate office. Gates Building is modern, clean, with friendly security person at the front desk. Met a total of three people in the interview, total of two hours. Office environment was kind of quiet, but friendly. (Great views out of all the windows on every side!) Didn't hear anything for about a week, but got offer and started two wks later.

Interview Question – If you're handed a project to accomplish, but not everything you feel you need to make it succeed, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a little wiggle room, but the offer was fair to start with.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Gates Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted about this opportunity by a 3rd party recruiter and from there things moved very fast. Gates was very interested to fill this position as there were some clear corporate goals to cut costs in this particular division. I interviewed at their Denver headquarters with a finance director, business partner (also a director), the director of HR, and a C-level executive. Very nice group but each had a different understanding of the corporate culture.

The HR director assured me that things moved very fast and that change was constant at Gates. The C-level executive, who had only been with the company about 6-months vehemently disagreed with that assessment asserting that as a manufacturing company change and everything about the company was not necessarily slow, but certainly not fast. The questions were standard and focused on what what you have done, skills you brought to the table, and culture.

Overall, I liked the organization and the corporate culture. Working for Gates Corp was really an option for me. In the end I had two other job offers and Gates chose to go with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• What kind of financial modeling have you done? Describe it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a project you worked on that did not turn out as well as planned. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gates Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gates Corporation interview questions and advice in Denver, CO. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gates Corporation employees and interview candidates.