Gates Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Gates Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted about this opportunity by a 3rd party recruiter and from there things moved very fast. Gates was very interested to fill this position as there were some clear corporate goals to cut costs in this particular division. I interviewed at their Denver headquarters with a finance director, business partner (also a director), the director of HR, and a C-level executive. Very nice group but each had a different understanding of the corporate culture.

The HR director assured me that things moved very fast and that change was constant at Gates. The C-level executive, who had only been with the company about 6-months vehemently disagreed with that assessment asserting that as a manufacturing company change and everything about the company was not necessarily slow, but certainly not fast. The questions were standard and focused on what what you have done, skills you brought to the table, and culture.

Overall, I liked the organization and the corporate culture. Working for Gates Corp was really an option for me. In the end I had two other job offers and Gates chose to go with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• What kind of financial modeling have you done? Describe it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a project you worked on that did not turn out as well as planned. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Worked for Gates Corporation? Contribute to the Community!