Gates Corporation

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Interview

Production

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gates Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details – person who set up interview and the people who did first and second interview where good. The panel interview was a bit over the top one persons job was to try and make you mad to see how you react. To me they are advertise a premier place to work maybe they need to just go back to one or two interviews. If they are trying to make people mad then they will do just that and not get the people they are looking for.

Interview Question – if you caught some one taking longer breaks would you say something. If not why. Would you say something if you caught them stealing a laptop, because it is the same thing stealing from the company.   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gates Corporation in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the VP and then he had me interview with some other executive assistants that knew him well. He was quiet and stand-off-ish. The executive assistants one was friendly and the other quiet.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Gates Corporation in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process was thorough, but not intimidating. Met with several engineers and managers, some of whom asked technical questions and others who were educating me on their processes.

Interview Question – "How would you go about predicting failure on these hoses?"   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gates Corporation.

Interview Details – I was contacted first by the HR person for a quick assessment. I came in for an interview and talked for an hour with the hiring manager. Coming in to the interview, I was ambivalent about the company, but was encouraged about working for this particular manager. He seemed to have a good handle of the future of that segment of business and was motivated to move Gates to the next step.
For the second interview, I met with the hiring manager, the marketing team and the upper management. Everything was very typical. I was told that the next (and final) interview would be a presentation using their new marketing/sales method. This seemed a little excessive, but I was up for it. I never received a call. When I followed up, I was told that they were busy for the next 3 weeks. It is now 4 weeks later and still no communication. I can only assume that they were not interested. In the time that I spent interviewing with them, I was offered and turned down a job and interviewed for 3 other positions.

Interview Question – Typical questions   Answer Question

CRM Administrator Interview

CRM Administrator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gates Corporation in March 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and arranged a phone interview. The phone conversation was a way to learn more about the position, the company, and answer any questions I had about the two. The next interview was a face-to-face interview which included the demonstration of a use case which was provided by the hiring manager. The interview was panel style, and consisted of a walk-through of the configured CRM environment.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Most of the negotiation or terms were laid out during the interview. As a result, there wasn't much negotiation as part of the offer process.

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Gates Corporation in February 2011.

Interview Details – The agency sent the job description to me a day ahead of time, then I went into the corporate office. Gates Building is modern, clean, with friendly security person at the front desk. Met a total of three people in the interview, total of two hours. Office environment was kind of quiet, but friendly. (Great views out of all the windows on every side!) Didn't hear anything for about a week, but got offer and started two wks later.

Interview Question – If you're handed a project to accomplish, but not everything you feel you need to make it succeed, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a little wiggle room, but the offer was fair to start with.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Gates Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted about this opportunity by a 3rd party recruiter and from there things moved very fast. Gates was very interested to fill this position as there were some clear corporate goals to cut costs in this particular division. I interviewed at their Denver headquarters with a finance director, business partner (also a director), the director of HR, and a C-level executive. Very nice group but each had a different understanding of the corporate culture.

The HR director assured me that things moved very fast and that change was constant at Gates. The C-level executive, who had only been with the company about 6-months vehemently disagreed with that assessment asserting that as a manufacturing company change and everything about the company was not necessarily slow, but certainly not fast. The questions were standard and focused on what what you have done, skills you brought to the table, and culture.

Overall, I liked the organization and the corporate culture. Working for Gates Corp was really an option for me. In the end I had two other job offers and Gates chose to go with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• What kind of financial modeling have you done? Describe it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a project you worked on that did not turn out as well as planned. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Gates Corporation.

Interview Details – I applied on their career website. After a month got a call from HR and then very next day got a call from one of employee with higher managerial position. Phone interview was about 1 hour and was mostly about past work experience.

Interview Question – how do u justify yourself for this position   Answer Question

Intern - Mechanical Engineer Interview

Intern - Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Gates Corporation.

Interview Details – Very nice people at Gates and a very good company to work for. Was contacted about an online application and interviewed within a week. Very laid back interview, not nearly as many personality and behavioral questions that are easy to get tripped up on. Required to purchase own steel-toe boots but reimbursed partially. Great job so far

Interview Question – Name a time where you worked with someone else and had a difficult time agreeing on a solution   Answer Question

Contracts Engineer Interview

Contracts Engineer
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gates Corporation in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was a smooth and professional experience

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – My current employer matched the offer I was given

Worked for Gates Corporation? Contribute to the Community!