Gateway EDI

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gateway EDI.

Interview Details – Phone interviews with Human Resources and Sales Supervisor. Assessment test. Background check. In person interviews with Sales Director and Human Resources Manager. Human Resources asks standard interview questions. If you make it to the end, you will job shadow current Account Executive for a an hour.

Interview Question – Questions are standard interview questions   Answer Question

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Sales Support Specialist

Interviewed at Gateway EDI

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first with someone from HR. They asked questions about work ethic, my learning style, and my current job duties. THe HR person asked me for a second face-to-face interview on the same phone call. I met with two potential supervisors and they asked my questions about handling conflict, being interrupted, work pace, how I handle stress, etc.

Interview Question – How do you handle unhappy disgruntled customer? Are they in the right even though you know it's wrong?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Gateway EDI in October 2011.

Interview Details – The employees of Gateway that I met all project a strong family work environment and everyone seemed to be very nice. However, unless you have time to do five separate interviews over a three to four month period, I would stay away. This really gives off the impression that while they may be very cautious and selective, it also appears no one can make a decision. But the most alarming fact is the lack of males in management type positions. During all of the time I spent going thru their process and as many supervisors and managers that I met, they were all female.

Interview Question – Being asked the same type of questions over and over as you had to meet with different management levels.   View Answer

Provider Enrollment Interview

Provider Enrollment
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gateway EDI in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was easy. I completed a phone interview and then a one on one interview. What sucked was the 3 hour test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – easy

Accountants Payable/Receivable Interview

Accountants Payable/Receivable
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gateway EDI in January 2009.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview. Met with HR rep who went over the job details and my qualifications, but the person who would be my manager was unavailable, so I met with another employee from the department I was interviewing with. The conversation didn't really last long. Was called back to interview with potential manager and person I would directly report to. The manager was very forthcoming and asked a lot of questions. The person I would report directly to didn't say much of anything; she seemed offended that I might question anything she did. The manager seemed more open to suggestion, but often deferred to the subordinate person. Weird. The office had nice open cubes and people seemed very friendly. Lot of people bustling around - very busy. Seemed like it would be a good place to work.

Interview Question – How did you deal with the most difficult person you've worked with?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate because I was out of work at the time. My advice would be, if you are in a position to negotiate, ask for what you want. They won't be offended and will generally come back with a more favorable offer if they are genuinely interested in you.

Worked for Gateway EDI? Contribute to the Community!