Gateway Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2014
Updated Jul 6, 2014

3.2

Quality Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gateway.

I was hired at the time of merger and relocation - kind of haphazard - but was simple and quick - first HR screening, then the Hiring manager's phone call and finally on-site interview with the team

Human Resources Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Gateway in September 2008.

Standard process. They have outsourced most US jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Would you step and help operations with the inventory process.   View Answer
    They worked with me a little.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Gateway.

Personal Networking was the key. Recommendations from former employer and community reputation opened the doors. Simple interview with the Director before finalizing the role.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the Internet (This was in 1992)   View Answer
    None really.

Travel Desk Interview

I had to give 4 round of interviews in the span of 3 hours

Comfortable

Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gateway in March 2009.

The interview started off with a C++ skills test. Technically it wasn't that bad and pretty easy. Three people conducted the interview in sequence. Each person I explained my background, etc. (pretty repetitive). They each asked programming questions consisting of array manipulation...how would you find this, etc.

I was also informed that they really don't use C++, and most of it was proprietary language use, so C++ "won't help you here". When asking about the position, none of the interviewers seemed to know anything about the position I was interviewing for. All in all, the people interviewing as well as the people in the office were a bit up-tight. The office structure was low-walled open cubes.

When you are finished interviewing, expect a somewhat cold response. Kind of like, "Thanks, and there's the elevator."

Interview Questions

Worked for Gateway? Contribute to the Community!