Gateway

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Manager Interview

Quality Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gateway.

Interview Details – I was hired at the time of merger and relocation - kind of haphazard - but was simple and quick - first HR screening, then the Hiring manager's phone call and finally on-site interview with the team

Interview Question – Nothing unusual -   Answer Question

Human Resources Senior Specialist Interview

Human Resources Senior Specialist
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Gateway in September 2008.

Interview Details – Standard process. They have outsourced most US jobs.

Interview Question – Would you step and help operations with the inventory process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They worked with me a little.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gateway.

Interview Details – Personal Networking was the key. Recommendations from former employer and community reputation opened the doors. Simple interview with the Director before finalizing the role.

Interview Question – What do you know about the Internet (This was in 1992)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None really.

Travel Desk Interview

Travel Desk

Interviewed at Gateway

Interview Details – I had to give 4 round of interviews in the span of 3 hours

Negotiation Details – Comfortable

Very Difficult Interview

Developer Interview

Developer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gateway in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview started off with a C++ skills test. Technically it wasn't that bad and pretty easy. Three people conducted the interview in sequence. Each person I explained my background, etc. (pretty repetitive). They each asked programming questions consisting of array manipulation...how would you find this, etc.

I was also informed that they really don't use C++, and most of it was proprietary language use, so C++ "won't help you here". When asking about the position, none of the interviewers seemed to know anything about the position I was interviewing for. All in all, the people interviewing as well as the people in the office were a bit up-tight. The office structure was low-walled open cubes.

When you are finished interviewing, expect a somewhat cold response. Kind of like, "Thanks, and there's the elevator."

Interview Question – what is macro   Answer Question

Worked for Gateway? Contribute to the Community!