Gaylord Entertainment

www.gaylordentertainment.com

Gaylord Entertainment Interview Questions

2.8

Pastry Chef Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gaylord Entertainment.

Had 3 interviews. Starting with Human Resources and then with Pastry Chef interview twice.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gaylord Entertainment.

My interview process consisted of 3 separate interviews. The first was a 1:1 with one of the front desk managers who asked your basic interview questions. The second interview was with the Director of Rooms. This interview was really more of a personality test to see how friendly and outgoing I was. Once you get to the last interview you pretty much have the job. It is a causal meeting with the hotel VP Manager.

No negotiating. Starting salary is $10/hr

Food and Beverage Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gaylord Entertainment.

Hr called to schedule an interview, I went in the next day and was seen by a recruiter and when I passed that, I was seen by the manager of the restaurant 20 minutes later. That interview was about 45 min. I was then asked to wait about 45 to see the vp, however I was not able to and was told to come in the next day. I did and was seen by the vp in the morning at was asked if I would like the position. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    There was none. They have a very strict salary schedule for hourly employees, unless you have serious work experience, 10+ years, to help.

Food Runner - Wildhorse Saloon Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gaylord Entertainment in January 2013.

Gaylord Entertainment requires 2 interviews for the Wildhorse Saloon, one at HR headquarters near the Opryland Hotel and one at the Wildhorse Saloon itself. They try to schedule both on the same day, one right after the other, so you will have two interviews back-to-back.

Interview Questions
    • "Please explain one circumstance in which you have not gotten along with one or more of your coworkers and how the problem was resolved."   Answer Question

I received a better job prospect.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gaylord Entertainment in February 2012.

I applied online and within 2 days i was invited to a job fair! There was about 5 or 6 small interviews with different heads of each department. They are very nice and were welcoming to new employees. They offered me the job the same day and i started work within the next three weeks!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to help someone overcome a problem?   Answer Question

Retail Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gaylord Entertainment in November 2009.

The H.R. department called me and asked me to come in for a next-day interview. I went in for it. I was prepared for a small interview, however I went through three different interviews that day and took over 3 hours. I had to wait for each person to come down and meet with me which was annoying, but in the end it was worth it because they offered me the job on the spot, right after I filled out my paperwork instead of waiting for the first day with the restaurant I was chosen for. It was a long process but I'm glad I got to do it all at once instead of coming up 3 different times

Interview Questions
    • The most random question I got was " Can you smile?" Gaylord is big on their smiles, I figured that out pretty fast.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Food and Beverage Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment.

I was selected for an interview and wasnt actually asked anything considering I knew somebody that said, "I want this one so push him through."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your weaknesses. What changes would you make in your first week?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gaylord Entertainment in February 2010.

The process began with an online application and then progressed to phone Interviews (2) before the onsite was conducted. They also believe in a collaborative approach so expect to interview with business partners and clients during the process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you drive corporate initiatives through the property level teams.   Answer Question

Public Affairs Specialist Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gaylord Entertainment in April 2009.

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up a telephone interview for the next day. After the interview was over, she said I would be contacted if a second interview was wanted. The next day I was contacted to have a face-to-face interview with the department head.