Gaylord National

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ice Attendant Interview

Ice Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gaylord National.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was pretty simple. I applied online for the position. After about a week I got a call and had a phone interview. At the end I was asked to come in for the one on one interview. It was a pretty standard interview. They asked about my education and experience based on my resume.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how to solve a disagreement between you and a manager.   Answer Question

Convention Coordinator Interview

Convention Coordinator
Oxon Hill, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gaylord National in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview followed by an in person interview. After a wonderful phone interview I was invited for an all day interview process with 7 different meetings. After waiting a half hour for my first meeting I was asked how I thought my first meeting went then immediately told the interview would no longer continue. A complete lack of respect and consideration behalf of the gaylord resort at the national harbor. I will forever encourage others to seek, positions elsewhere.

Interview Question – Asked same questions in person as they did on phone interview. Nothing was difficult as far as questions go. Just inconsiderate of interviewers time.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Oxon Hill, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gaylord National in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process took too long. I had a phone interview, then one on one interview and had another interview set up. Declined third interview as I had accepted another job offer.

Interview Question – How can you tell if your employees are engaged?   Answer Question

Special Events Attendant Interview

Special Events Attendant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Gaylord National in October 2011.

Interview Details – One interview. They ask basic questions about your CV. If you make it through that you go through a training period.

Interview Question – All the questions are basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its a basic job, no negotiation.

Director of Security Interview

Director of Security

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gaylord National in April 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was great everyone was very pleasant and informative.

Interview Question – no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not have to negogiate the offer exceeded my expectations.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gaylord National in August 2009.

Interview Details – The interview focused on my personality, how well I would fit in their culture and position knowledge, how much I knew about hotel engineering. Culture is very important to Gaylord, focus on those things.

Interview Question – Name a time in your last position when you failed and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tough but fair. Keep your wits about you and you will do fine.

Very Easy Interview

Server Interview

Server

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Gaylord National in March 2009.

Interview Details – Grand hire was forever, back in the beginning of 2008, Gaylord had a grand Hire.. I stood in line for 7 hours, they like positive personality, and always smile.

Interview Question – WHy chose Gaylord?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gaylord National? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gaylord National interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gaylord National employees and interview candidates.