Gaylord Palms Resort Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.2

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort in September 2014.

Interview

apply for more then one position on line. Dress professional, you will stand out more. When called for an interview be prepare to wait a long time to be interviewed. You will be interviewed by HR personal and if you do well, you will be interviewed by a department manager of the job you are applying for. Of course it is better if you know an employee there to refer you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a bad experience with a guest and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you where in a difficult situation with another employee and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Meeting Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort (Orlando, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Slow took a fair amount of time to respond they seemed to not know what they really wanted. The H/R people involved were not in the least bit truly aware of what a meeting planner was really about. It would seem they just had a list sent down from above of what they wanted. Most of the time they had no idea of what I was talking about from how to pick the right gel what a grip is and does to very basic rigging clueless just clueless. But if your just starting off it would be a good place to get some work experience under your belt out it on your resume then move on.

Interview Questions

• None everything was pretty much standard.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort (Kissimmee, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

They conduct a group interview so I interviewed for the same position as other people at the same time. They went through questions round robin style about previous employment and different situations we have experienced in the past, how we handled them and what the outcome was. For example, explain a time when you handled a difficult situation or please explain your best customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, they were just unexpected. Unlike your typical interview questions (strengths/weaknesses) you were expected to think on your feet so it may be difficult to come up with a great answer on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I met with HR, discussed the position and accepted it when they offered it to me.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort.

Interview

Easy interview process. I was a transfer so it may be different than for others. However, it was also before they used the Marriott Interview process. I received a phone call 1 day after I applied online for the open transfer position. The recruiter on the phone from Gaylord asked if I had a few minutes for him to ask me some questions. Very general questions about my current role and my history with Marriott. He then said the manager of the open position would call me to set up an interview. The manager called me the following day, set up an interview for the following week. I came into HR. Had a very relaxed interview with the manager for the open position. Easy questions, tell me about yourself, tell me about previous jobs, why do you want this position, etc. Got a call 2 days later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict with a coworker and how did you fix it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was this is what we can offer.

Cook II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort (Orlando, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I was called on the telephone and interviewed by someone in Human Resources. She was very thorough, asking me many questions about my experience and my education. Then she gave me a sort of quiz about cooking, asking me about safe holding or cooking temperatures or how to perform certain cooking techniques or define culinary terms. At the end of the interview, she asked me to come to a group in-person interview a few days later. At that interview, I was one of six people. Three of us were immediately interviewed individually. I think they hired three of us.

Interview Questions

• The telephone interviewer asked how to make a certain sauce.   Answer Question

ICE! Boxoffice/Pre-Show Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort (Kissimmee, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

I got a call asking to come in for a group interview. I came in and they sat us in a small office/discussion room and asked us questions that we all had to answer. After that, the two hiring agents went outside to talk then called us out one by one to tell us if we were hired or not. Then we filled out our pay information, did the drug test, and got our company info folders and were on our way. We came in for hotel orientation a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a guest with a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated my position since they had me in the ICE attraction at first. They are very flexible with what you feel comfortable doing and what you wouldn't be comfortable doing.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort (Kissimmee, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

When I first applied I did an online assessment after submitting my application. I then received a phone call to come in for an interview. It was a group interview - 5 applicants and 3 interviewers. It was a little awkward. I was then asked to come back for a second interview- one on one with the restaurant GM. I think since they have become a Marriott the process is different though. I think it is more one on one interviews from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• No expected questions, just remember that Marriott likes to have answers int eh STAR model. Explain the situation/task then the Action that you took and finally the Result. Have about 5-6 of these stories, they will fit into different kinds of questions. They must be true and show how you work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a hourly position, there was no negotiation.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort (Orlando, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a group interview with 5 other applicants interviewing with 3 managers. The questions were "scenario" based, for example, "Give me an example of when you had to deal with a difficult customer/guest, what was their issue and how did you resolve it?" At the end of the interview they pulled everyone but myself out of the room and offered me the position there on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. It was take it or leave it.

Assistant Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort (Orlando, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Group interview, one on one interviews with department managers, HR recruitment managers and eventually the Hotel Manager.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that they kept adding more and more interviews with more and more people that day - I was there for 6 hours and met with 5 people. Getting that far though was a good sign so I kept going. :-)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort in November 2011.

Interview

This is a panel interview that involves three interviewers, questions are asked throughout the room to gauge potential employees, those who are chosen are kept and put into another room to fill out paperwork to be hired on to the company.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest had an issue arise?   1 Answer