Gaylord Palms Resort Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

2.3

Meeting Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort in June 2014.

Slow took a fair amount of time to respond they seemed to not know what they really wanted. The H/R people involved were not in the least bit truly aware of what a meeting planner was really about. It would seem they just had a list sent down from above of what they wanted. Most of the time they had no idea of what I was talking about from how to pick the right gel what a grip is and does to very basic rigging clueless just clueless. But if your just starting off it would be a good place to get some work experience under your belt out it on your resume then move on.

Interview Questions
    • None everything was pretty much standard.   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort in October 2013.

They conduct a group interview so I interviewed for the same position as other people at the same time. They went through questions round robin style about previous employment and different situations we have experienced in the past, how we handled them and what the outcome was. For example, explain a time when you handled a difficult situation or please explain your best customer service experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, they were just unexpected. Unlike your typical interview questions (strengths/weaknesses) you were expected to think on your feet so it may be difficult to come up with a great answer on the spot.   Answer Question
    I met with HR, discussed the position and accepted it when they offered it to me.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort.

Easy interview process. I was a transfer so it may be different than for others. However, it was also before they used the Marriott Interview process. I received a phone call 1 day after I applied online for the open transfer position. The recruiter on the phone from Gaylord asked if I had a few minutes for him to ask me some questions. Very general questions about my current role and my history with Marriott. He then said the manager of the open position would call me to set up an interview. The manager called me the following day, set up an interview for the following week. I came into HR. Had a very relaxed interview with the manager for the open position. Easy questions, tell me about yourself, tell me about previous jobs, why do you want this position, etc. Got a call 2 days later offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a conflict with a coworker and how did you fix it   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was this is what we can offer.

Cook II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort in January 2013.

I applied online. I was called on the telephone and interviewed by someone in Human Resources. She was very thorough, asking me many questions about my experience and my education. Then she gave me a sort of quiz about cooking, asking me about safe holding or cooking temperatures or how to perform certain cooking techniques or define culinary terms. At the end of the interview, she asked me to come to a group in-person interview a few days later. At that interview, I was one of six people. Three of us were immediately interviewed individually. I think they hired three of us.

Interview Questions
    • The telephone interviewer asked how to make a certain sauce.   Answer Question

ICE! Boxoffice/Pre-Show Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort in September 2012.

I got a call asking to come in for a group interview. I came in and they sat us in a small office/discussion room and asked us questions that we all had to answer. After that, the two hiring agents went outside to talk then called us out one by one to tell us if we were hired or not. Then we filled out our pay information, did the drug test, and got our company info folders and were on our way. We came in for hotel orientation a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had a guest with a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    I negotiated my position since they had me in the ICE attraction at first. They are very flexible with what you feel comfortable doing and what you wouldn't be comfortable doing.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort in August 2012.

When I first applied I did an online assessment after submitting my application. I then received a phone call to come in for an interview. It was a group interview - 5 applicants and 3 interviewers. It was a little awkward. I was then asked to come back for a second interview- one on one with the restaurant GM. I think since they have become a Marriott the process is different though. I think it is more one on one interviews from the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • No expected questions, just remember that Marriott likes to have answers int eh STAR model. Explain the situation/task then the Action that you took and finally the Result. Have about 5-6 of these stories, they will fit into different kinds of questions. They must be true and show how you work.   Answer Question
    It was a hourly position, there was no negotiation.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort in May 2012.

I had a group interview with 5 other applicants interviewing with 3 managers. The questions were "scenario" based, for example, "Give me an example of when you had to deal with a difficult customer/guest, what was their issue and how did you resolve it?" At the end of the interview they pulled everyone but myself out of the room and offered me the position there on the spot.

Interview Questions
    There was none. It was take it or leave it.

Assistant Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort in November 2011.

Group interview, one on one interviews with department managers, HR recruitment managers and eventually the Hotel Manager.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that they kept adding more and more interviews with more and more people that day - I was there for 6 hours and met with 5 people. Getting that far though was a good sign so I kept going. :-)   Answer Question

Entertainment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort in October 2011.

One phone interview and One in person interview.
    Offered a job right on the spot.
    The interview was with 2 other candidates and we were interviewed by two managers.
    They asked us each 3 questions and then we waited for their answer, we were then led into a room where we were offered our job. Very easy questions, and just be honest with your answers.

Event Attendant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Gaylord Palms Resort in May 2010.

Applied online, received phone call for interview from HR several days after submitted resume/application online. Interviewed with 4 other potential candidates. There were 2 HR people who interviewed all 5 applicants. Basic interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you experienced conflict at your previous job. How did you resolve this conflict?   Answer Question